• USD ($)
  • English

4 star rating: Recommended 9 Reviews

5 star
4 star
3 star
2 star
1 star
  • Location: Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • Duration:  12 hours (approx.)

Read what other Viator.com travelers think about the Tulum and Xel-Ha from Riviera Maya. What they loved, what they liked and what they think could be improved, it's all here to help you make the most of your next trip.

Click here for tour details, schedule and pricing

Viewing All 9 Reviews What's this?
Sort By:
5 star rating: Highly Recommended
March 2014

Organized, efficient; tour guide was extremely personable and informative. Would recommended Viator.

5 star rating: Highly Recommended
September 2012

Beatiful

Mark Downer
United Kingdom

5 star rating: Highly Recommended
November 2010

The beach at Tulum is WOW and learning about the ruins is very interesting and looks fabulous, however it does get very hot there with little shade. Xel-Ha is a must do for anybody who likes snorkeling and words can't explain what a wonderful time you will have here no matter what age. Could easily spend the whole day there

4 star rating: Recommended
June 2013

My cousin andnI enjoyed the experience very much. I would recommend the trip but tell everyone to get a locker as soon as you get to the Xel-Ha park it helps with organization.

4 star rating: Recommended
September 2010

Tulum is well worth seeing, the beach there is so beautiful. Xel-ha was also fun. must say booking with Viator was so easy and did not have to wait around for coaches they was always on time.

Yvon C
Canada

4 star rating: Recommended
March 2009

Too short at Tulum, but it was great!

3 star rating: Worth doing
March 2014

Nice tour; could be much better. This tour was serviced by Experiencias Excaret. Mayan ruins in Tulum itself are place highly recommended to see; unfortunately, our tour guide was not good at all. About 80% of people on our bus were Canadians and Americans, remaining 20% were Spanish speaking only. The tour guide was totally quiet during our way to Tulum, once there, he was giving one sentence in English and long talk in Spanish about what we will do and see. He stopped in two places within the archeological area and briefly told what is there pointing with his finger on various buildings. That’s all. After that he asked us to tour the area on our own. I would like to mention that during our stay there, there were other groups with guides from the same travel company. These groups were assisted by guides at all time and provided with a lot of information. We were lucky to be able to stick to one of those. After Tulum, our bus took us to Xel-Ha; wonderful all-inclusive water park with tons of activities. We enjoyed time there very much. Around 6 pm we went back to our resort; out tour guide didn’t show-up anymore, TG we had a driver…
In short, we are rating 3 stars only because of poor service provided by our guide, otherwise it would be 5; Tulum archeological site is a place highly recommended to see, make sure however you have a right guide. Xel-Ha is wonderful as well; here, you don’t need a guide at all :)

3 star rating: Worth doing
June 2013

Good trip. However, the bus driver took a U-turn on the highway which halted high-speed traffic and made their tires screech. Would have liked a private van instead so that stops would not have to be made at 4-5 different hotels. The guide at Tulum was very informative and it was good to learn about the history of Tulum. Xel-Ha was fun and well worth the value. Very clean and organized.

2 star rating: It was OK, but could have been better
May 2014

The time spent in Tulum was short and only little information was provided. on the tour bus we only received information about Xel-Ha but, unfortunatley, not about Tulum. in addition, we did not get to know about a few helpful details in Xel-Ha, for example deposits and prices of extra-tours etc.
Of course, Tulum is worth visiting, Xel-Ha is also a very nice and attractive place. But you will definitely not need a tour to experience these sites.

From USD $ 148.99

View price calendar

Low Price Guarantee

Select Travel Date


Flexible Date Guarantee

Enter Total Number of Travelers

(Age 9+)

What's this, and can I change it?

Please note: After your purchase is confirmed we will email you a link to your voucher.
What's this?

Tour code: 2895MAYATUL

Advertisement
Advertisement

Viator uses cookies to improve your experience on our website. Learn more about how we use cookies and how to change your cookie settings | Close message