- Half-day shore excursion on Roatan with jungle eco-walk and beach time
- Follow your guide on suspension bridges and paved walkways
- Spot lizards, iguanas, birds and other tropical wildlife in the forest canopy
- Relax at West Bay Beach and dip into the Caribbean Sea
- Sip a welcome beverage as you sink your feet in the sand
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a personalized experience
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The tour was what we expected, our tour guide was knowledgeable and thorough while being friendly and attentive, I wish I remembered her name. Alex our driver was excellent and made sure we were ok the whole time. The beach vendors were persistent but you could still tell them no or bargain if you wanted to. If you want something easy going and like to enjoy nature and learning homeopathic remedies then this might work for you.
DIANA MORRIS Puerto Rico
Booked 3 excursions with Viator for our NCL Star vacation. I'm glad we did because with the cruise line was way too expensive and this one was definitely the best. I want to thank Charles and Ever, for
all their attentions through the whole day. The beach was the most beautiful of all the ports we visited clean and crystal clear. Would love to go back.
Alvin was the van driver and narrator of Roatan while he drove us to the Hanging Bridges site. He was very humorous and informative.
Ovania was the Hanging Bridges guide. She was an excellent guide and provided much information about the local flora and fauna. She had a lot of personal knowledge of the medicinal uses of the local flora. Overall, she was a very informative and enthusiastic guide in Roatan. The Hanging Bridges walk is only strenuous at the END of the tour when you walk up 80 steps to meet the transportation back to the Hanging Bridges/Zip-line center.
The Beach Break portion was to the West Bay Beach, a private club, ocean front. We were offered a complimentary beverage when we arrived. Use of lounge chairs on the beach was complimentary. The beach itself was very nice with clear waters and fine white sand. Easy to swim, no large waves.
There was a shaded bar and lounge if you didn't want to go to the sandy beach. Drinks at the bar were reasonable - 3 USD for beer and 6 USD for an exotic drink.
Gr8 tour! Our guide was extremely knowledgable of all tropical plants, even those used for medicinal purposes, and so courteous! Excellent time!
The Hanging bridges in Roatan was one of our cruise highlights! The guides were knowledgeable and courteous. I recommend this excursion for everyone. The beach break was very nice and offered a variety of options. My friend and I paid 20 each for a snorkling boat ride with guide out to the barrier reef. This was FANTASTIC!
This tour was great. Our tour guide Lonnie was wonderful. He took time to make sure everyone heard what he was pointing out. He also would send each couple ahead of him and take pictures of us with our cameras. He has s great sense of humor and is really knowledgeable about the area. The beach club we were taken to was very nice. Don't miss this tour if you are going to Roatan.
Really enjoyed the walk. The tour guide told us about the various trees and what medical properties they had. Highly recommended.
Exellent excursion very interesting and enjoyable , we had 1 guide to the 2 of us she just went through a bit fast.
Nothing special....a taxi to some eco-site would be better
Zhuo Z United States of ...
Pro: The Hanging Bridge tour had a great guide and met my expectations.
1. Too long of a wait from after the hanging bridge tour to gather others who are finishing the zipline tour to get to the beach.
2. When arrived at the beach club of Maya Princess, not enough beach chairs for day guest. You think that the tour company would of notified the hotel of the of day guest that will be arriving. The hotel should of readied more chairs for day guest as I did not have a choice of beach club to be dropped of.
3. The worst part is that the tour only gave us less than 2 hours of beach time giving there are others on the tour are another cruise ship who are leaving the port 2 hours earlier than mine. The tour company should arrange multiple return to the port from the beach trips in order to accommodate for those parties who wish to stay longer on the beach. There are others in our group who wishes to stay longer on the beach, however, we would told by the tour company that they could not accommodate.
Overall, I felt that I spent a lot of time waiting around, and did not maximize my time in port. I understand that taking a group tour requires certain waiting around time for others, however, I felt that the tour company did not plan out the logistic to accommodate the group who are on two different ship, that depart the port two hours apart. I would not recommend this tour to others.