- Half-day morning tour to Ostia from Rome
- Explore the well-maintained ruins of Rome's former port city
- Offers an uncrowded experience of ancient Rome in miniature
- Exhibits at the Ostia museum
- Expert local guide
- Pickup from centrally located Rome hotels
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Public toilets Ancient OstiaPhoto by: Anonymous
- Wonderfully Intact RuinsPhoto by: Heather H
- Theatre entrancePhoto by: Stacey E
- Ostia antica.Photo by: Milena Simeonov S
- The Wine Bar at OstiaPhoto by: James E
USA, 06 2008
- Main Street in OstiaPhoto by: James E
USA, 06 2008
- Headless in OstiaPhoto by: James E
USA, 06 2008
What You Can Expect
Nice trip! Guide fantastic and Ancient Ostia a must when in Rome..
Fantastic - what a brilliant site and guide had so much knowledge.
Wonderful, interesting tour. Excellent guide who knew the history of the area well. Great time of day --- early in the morning on a Sunday, before the hordes of other tourists arrived. Added to my knowledge of Italy and Rome. Would have liked more time there, will need to return. Enjoyed ride to the site. Return a little longer than anticipated as folks dropped off at their hotels rather than the morning central meeting place.
Excellent guide who explained in detail all the history of this wonderful site!
We loved this tour. Our guide provided both fact and humor. It was all very interesting and just the right amount of time.
Being frequent visitors to Rome, we decided this time to visit the ancient port city of Ostia using this tour. Similar to what you see at Pompeii, but of course with a less dramatic history. Our guide, Giorgio, was an excellent and witty guide, who not only pointed out several aspects of the ruins military, commercial and residential, but wove into his presentation the operational and daily life of the Roman citizens who lived and worked there. The ampitheatre was a highlight. A most enjoyable experience.
Better ruins than Pompeii and only a tenth of the number of tourists. Some of the best mosaic's I have seen.
Michael L Australia
Excellent tour to a most interesting site. The guide was particularly knowledgeable on all aspects of the site.
These are some of the best ruins in Italy. I enjoyed it far more than Pompeii. The tour guide was anot archeologist and his knowledge was beyond what anyone could ask for.
Our tour guide Sara Napilantano (sp) was terrific. Her detailed knowledge of the Vatican and museum is incredible. Thank you Sara!