Entrance fees to the Colosseum and Roman Forum are not included on this tour; simply pay on the day.
- 3-hour Ancient Rome tour including the Colosseum, led by an expert local guide
- Explore Rome Colosseum’s second and third tier and learn about the gladiatorial games
- Admire the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum on a Rome walking tour
- Walk around Piazza del Campidoglio on Capitoline hill, one of the ancient Seven Hills of Rome
- See top Rome attractions like Rome Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona
- Upgrade to a small-group tour with no more than 12 people and enjoy personalized attention
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This tour packs all the biggest Rome sights into a short period of time, leaving you the rest of the day to explore further on your own. There's a lot of walking so be prepared!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSC03109Photo by: Michelle L
- The ColiseumPhoto by: Jose M
USA, 08 2010
- Ancient Rome Walking TourPhoto by: Jeffrey W
USA, 07 2010
- ColosseumPhoto by: alexasiroy
- PanthenonPhoto by: Graham C
- RECORRIDO A PIE DE MEDIO ...Photo by: Ricardo M
- ColosseumPhoto by: Jessica I
- Rome antique Le ColiséePhoto by: lorenzo.laghraba
France, 03 2015
- The Kings Palace......It ...Photo by: Jason W
- ColiséePhoto by: Karine G
- Look at the ceiling...Photo by: Matt H
- Gladiator Ready...Photo by: Matt H
- Fontana di treviPhoto by: ursulla r
- L'intérieur du ...Photo by: Arome59
- ColiséePhoto by: Arome59
- Coliseo romanoPhoto by: Oriana Soledad S
- Tour Leader ValentinaPhoto by: Mary A
- colosseumPhoto by: Ritchie H
- ColosseumPhoto by: scroll
- ColosseumPhoto by: Rosa Dias
United Kingdom, 10 2013
What You Can Expect
After your Colosseum tour, set off to explore the surrounding area, discovering places that once represented the financial, commercial and political center of Ancient Rome. The main relics and ruins are clustered throughout the Roman Forum, so head inside to wander seeing history set in the site’s stones. Entrance fees are at your own expense.
Hear fascinating tales about the power and treachery associated with the Emperors of Ancient Rome while seeing the ruins of once-important monuments like the Temple of Caesar. Stop for photos by the white marble Arch of Septimius Severus, and gaze in wonder at the colonnaded Regia – once the home of the Kings of Rome. Other highlights include the Gemonian stairs and Temple of Vespasian and Titus.
Leave the Roman Forum and walk to Capitoline Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome. Stroll around Piazza del Campidoglio, a square designed by Renaissance artist Michelangelo, and gaze down at the sights of Ancient Rome.
Continue into Rome’s centro storico, to see all the sights around its historical center. Throw a coin in the impressive Trevi Fountain for luck, and then pose for photos in front of Rome Pantheon – one of the best-preserved Roman monuments in the city. Stroll around Piazza Navona, a lively central square, and learn about Bernini, a much-celebrated Baroque sculptor who designed three of the square’s fountains. Your Ancient Rome half-day walking tour then finishes in the center of town.
Very knowledgeable guide. Liked having the earphones, so we could wander away from the group and still hear about the sites we visited.
Great walking tour that allowed you to cross of a lot of the must-sees in Rome! Skipped the line in colosseum which was key!
Wonderful!!! Really good guide Silvia!! Thank you!!
It was really perfect. The guide Hugo was excellent in guiding us.
The tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. It was apparent that he really enjoys his job.
This was a fabulous tour. We had arrived just that morning and did not think we had the stamina for the walking tour. Our guide, Pricilla was fabulous. She had so much history to give and was so knowledgeable. Her sense of humor and friendly personality added SO much to our tour. We were tired at the end, but it was THE PERFECT tour to begin our stay in Rome.
Good tour, knowledgable guide. Saw some great sights and heard many interesting stories.
Excellent. We have told so many people how to skip the line!Saved hours of queueing and our guide Ms Carbonara made everything so interesting.
Great! A Must
Excellent tour - lots of walking but very informative and enjoyable with an excellent English guide.