- 3-hour Ancient Rome tour including the Colosseum, led by an expert local guide
- Explore Rome Colosseum’s second and third tier and learn about the gladiatorial games
- Admire the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum on a Rome walking tour
- Walk around Piazza del Campidoglio on Capitoline hill, one of the ancient Seven Hills of Rome
- See top Rome attractions like Rome Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona
- Upgrade to a small-group tour with no more than 12 people and enjoy personalized attention
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This tour packs all the biggest Rome sights into a short period of time, leaving you the rest of the day to explore further on your own. There's a lot of walking so be prepared!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSC03109Photo by: Michelle L
- The ColiseumPhoto by: Jose M
USA, 08 2010
- Ancient Rome Walking TourPhoto by: Jeffrey W
USA, 07 2010
- ColosseumPhoto by: alexasiroy
- PanthenonPhoto by: Graham C
- RECORRIDO A PIE DE MEDIO ...Photo by: Ricardo M
- ColosseumPhoto by: Jessica I
- Rome antique Le ColiséePhoto by: lorenzo.laghraba
France, 03 2015
- The Kings Palace......It ...Photo by: Jason W
- ColiséePhoto by: Karine G
- Look at the ceiling...Photo by: Matt H
- Gladiator Ready...Photo by: Matt H
- Fontana di treviPhoto by: ursulla r
- L'intérieur du ...Photo by: Arome59
- ColiséePhoto by: Arome59
- Coliseo romanoPhoto by: Oriana Soledad S
- Tour Leader ValentinaPhoto by: Mary A
- colosseumPhoto by: Ritchie H
- ColosseumPhoto by: scroll
- ColosseumPhoto by: Rosa Dias
United Kingdom, 10 2013
What You Can Expect
With your guide, explore the second and third levels of this legendary amphitheatre, learning interesting facts such as how seats were assigned according to social class. You’ll also hear about the gruesome gladiator games, the Colosseum’s main attraction that provided much entertainment to the crowd. Then follow your guide back outside to walk around the neighboring streets, where the commercial and political center of ancient Rome once stood.
Head to the Roman Forum (entrance at own expense), where you’ll check out historic ruins such as the Temple of Caesar and listen to stories about the power and backstabbing that went on during this period of Roman history. Other sites you’ll see include the Arch of Septimius Severus, the colonnaded Regia, the Gemonian stairs and the Temple of Vespasian and Titus.
From here, walk to Capitoline Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome, to admire the Michelangelo-designed Piazza del Campidoglio, and then continue to Rome’s historic center (centro storico) to see well-known attractions like the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona. Check out the square’s three fountains designed by famous baroque sculptor Bernini before your tour ends here, the perfect central location from which you can continue exploring Rome on your own.
This product is part of the following categories :
Well worth the money but could have done with more time.
Great tour - our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. We learned so much. This is an excellent way to learn about some of Rome's history.
We enjoyed our tour very much. Our tour guide was very pleasant and knowledgeable. It was much better than doing it on our own. I would highly recommend it. The headset were a great asset.
Alfredo was engaging and considerate. Loved the tour, would love to do it again Andiamo!
The guide on this tour, Ciara, was both extremely knowledgeable and highly personable. She made ancient Rome 'come alive' in a vivid and entertaining way what could have been quite a tiring afternoon as there was so much to see and a lot of walking passed effortlessly and interestingly.
Great morning looking around the iconic landmarks and helped establish the city. I would recommend this tour early on a Rome mini-break so you can familiarize yourself with the city. Very informative guide and lots to see.
Great tour. Was able to see everything with ample time. Excellent tour guide
Had a wonderful time, our guide was super, thanks so much!
Nicholas was an excellent tour guide. Knowledgable and really kept us engaged. Our tour was in the rain and with our 16 and 23 year old sons. Worth the money since we only had 2 days in Rome!
Very knowledgeable guide. Liked having the earphones, so we could wander away from the group and still hear about the sites we visited.