- 3-hour Ancient Rome tour including the Colosseum, led by an expert local guide
- Explore Rome Colosseum’s second and third tier and learn about the gladiatorial games
- Admire the ancient ruins of the Roman Forum on a Rome walking tour
- Walk around Piazza del Campidoglio on Capitoline hill, one of the ancient Seven Hills of Rome
- See top Rome attractions like Rome Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona
- Upgrade to a small-group tour with no more than 12 people and enjoy personalized attention
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This tour packs all the biggest Rome sights into a short period of time, leaving you the rest of the day to explore further on your own. There's a lot of walking so be prepared!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- DSC03109Photo by: Michelle L
- The ColiseumPhoto by: Jose M
USA, 08 2010
- Ancient Rome Walking TourPhoto by: Jeffrey W
USA, 07 2010
- ColosseumPhoto by: alexasiroy
- PanthenonPhoto by: Graham C
- RECORRIDO A PIE DE MEDIO ...Photo by: Ricardo M
- ColosseumPhoto by: Jessica I
- Rome antique Le ColiséePhoto by: lorenzo.laghraba
France, 03 2015
- The Kings Palace......It ...Photo by: Jason W
- ColiséePhoto by: Karine G
- Look at the ceiling...Photo by: Matt H
- Gladiator Ready...Photo by: Matt H
- Fontana di treviPhoto by: ursulla r
- L'intérieur du ...Photo by: Arome59
- ColiséePhoto by: Arome59
- Coliseo romanoPhoto by: Oriana Soledad S
- Tour Leader ValentinaPhoto by: Mary A
- colosseumPhoto by: Ritchie H
- ColosseumPhoto by: scroll
- ColosseumPhoto by: Rosa Dias
United Kingdom, 10 2013
What You Can Expect
With your guide, explore the second and third levels of this legendary amphitheatre, learning interesting facts such as how seats were assigned according to social class. You’ll also hear about the gruesome gladiator games, the Colosseum’s main attraction that provided much entertainment to the crowd. Then follow your guide back outside to walk around the neighboring streets, where the commercial and political center of ancient Rome once stood.
Head to the Roman Forum (entrance at own expense), where you’ll check out historic ruins such as the Temple of Caesar and listen to stories about the power and backstabbing that went on during this period of Roman history. Other sites you’ll see include the Arch of Septimius Severus, the colonnaded Regia, the Gemonian stairs and the Temple of Vespasian and Titus.
From here, walk to Capitoline Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome, to admire the Michelangelo-designed Piazza del Campidoglio, and then continue to Rome’s historic center (centro storico) to see well-known attractions like the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon and Piazza Navona. Check out the square’s three fountains designed by famous baroque sculptor Bernini before your tour ends here, the perfect central location from which you can continue exploring Rome on your own.
Very knowledgable guide, and sensitive to audience.
It was an amazing tour. Thank you
We had a great day as far as weather and learned a lot about the coliseum as well as Rome. Unfortunately we did this tour on the same day as the Rome marathon so we were not able to get to all parts of the city very easy. Our tour guide was great.
Great tour! The guide was informative and knew a lot of information about each of the locations. A great way to fit most of Rome into one day. Highly recommended.
Extremely fun tour of ancient Rome. We saw almost all of the highlights. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions. I highly recommend this tour.
Wonderful! We saved so much time by not waiting in the long lines. The guide was wonderful and we learned so much. Well worth it!
Fantastic. Our guide Nicola Capuzzola was a mind of information. So interesting.
Our guide was so well informed on the history of Rome than we passed a very plaesant walking tour. It was very interesting.
Excellent tour. Very knowledgeable tour guide.
THIS AS GOT TO BE THE BEST TOUR OF THE LOT! AND MORESO IF YOU GET THE GUIDE FROM
WHEN IN ROME TOURS HER NAME IS CHIARA, WHAT A SUPER GUIDE, AND A WICKED SENSE OF HUMOUR, SHE BRINGS 2 THOUSAND YEARS OF HISTORY RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES,
WHAT A STAR! ROME IS NOT BAD EITHER!