- 3.5-hour Rome Colosseum tour with skip-the-line ticket
- Enjoy access to all areas of the Colosseum, including places normally off-limits
- Explore the Colosseum's underground chambers and see where wild animals were caged
- Step into the arena where gladiators once fought, before visiting the Colosseum's upper level
- Visit the Roman Forum, walk up Palatine Hill and enjoy views of Nero's Circus Maximus
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Fast-track access makes for a more relaxed and in-depth experience of Rome's biggest attraction. Plus, you get to see the Roman Forum and take in panoramic views from Palatine Hill.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- A Roman Holiday: the ColosseumPhoto by: Carol G
USA, 10 2011
- night in romePhoto by: GRAHAM H
- The ColosseumPhoto by: T31667
- Viator Colosseum TourPhoto by: Keith H J
- The Colosseum from Upper LevelPhoto by: Heather S
- ArenaPhoto by: VIOLETA T
- The Forum TourPhoto by: Jim Williams
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Jim Williams
- History came to life in the ...Photo by: Catherine K
- ColosseumPhoto by: Maria NÖ
Sverige, 09 2015
- Colosseum tourPhoto by: sophie p
- Inside the colosseumPhoto by: Gwendolen H
- Underground chamberPhoto by: Rachel P
- ColosseumPhoto by: Katherine W
- Upper tier ColosseumPhoto by: Christer B
- Thr Roman ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon M
- Roman Colosseum ProfilePhoto by: Sharon M
- Underground in the ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon M
- Ancient Roman ForumPhoto by: Sharon M
- Roman PinesPhoto by: Sharon M
What You Can Expect
Inside, begin below ground to explore the Colosseum’s tunnels, chambers and pits. This section of the amphitheater is only open to a select number of visitors each day, so enjoy this exclusive chance to see more than most people do. While you walk through the underground passageways, listen to stories about the wild animals who were held down here and the Roman gladiators who prepared for their battles here.
Next, head upward, stopping on the arena floor level. Most visitors are restricted to walk only around the edge, but you have access to walk on the floor itself, standing on the same spot where the battles took place. Not much of the original floor remains, but you can peer down through the gaps to see the underground chambers. Then continue moving up to the Colosseum’s upper tier, now open again after it closed in the 1970s. This top level may have been where Rome’s lower classes of spectators were relegated to sit, but it afford panoramic views of the arena—another unique perspective that many visitors don’t get.
Upon exiting the Colosseum, walk with your guide over to the Roman Forum, once the political heart of the city. Take in the sprawl of ancient ruins, and walk up Palatine Hill, once home to Ancient Rome’s wealthy residents, for a view of Circus Maximus, where chariot races took place. Your tour ends on Via Sacra, the main street of Ancient Rome that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill.
Please note: The order of sites visited may be reversed during your tour.
Fabrizio was an excellent knowledgeable and interactive personable guide.
thoroughly enjoyable. guide knew the basics but also knew all the stories to go with that which is what makes the difference between just the tour and the experience
Our guide was extremely knowedgeable and considerate of the group.
Mariella was very knowledgeable and passionate about her tour and made it very enjoyable and worth while!
This tour was awesome. covered all the various areas of the colosseum and roman forum. Our tour guide Mariella spelling may be off on her name was a former archaeologist and did a great job getting us a lot of information. The ability to see the roman forum and the full Colosseum was great, and 3.5 hours was about right for both of these - arguably a little more time in the forum and on the Capitoline hill would have been nice, but overall I thought this tour was a good value and a good time.
We had a great time on this tour. Our guide, GG was enthusiastic and passionate about his subject, he brought the history alive. We spent 4days in this magnificent city, but this tour was most definitely the highlight.
This tour looked like it might be over priced, in reality it was well worth the money. The meeting place was easy to find, our guild was well informed and spoke excellent English. We were taken behind the scenes to places where the general public cannot go you really do skip the lines, this included a mini tour by an archaeologist and were given a fascinating insight of ancient Rome. We then went on extremely interesting guided walk of the nearby Roman Forum and the amazing Palentine Hill. Although we were linked to the guide by Bluetooth headsets at all time you could wander around and still get the commentary. Be prepared for a 3.5 hour tour, which I must say can be hard on old legs and feet. Apart from that, we had a splendid tour, which has set us up for future visits which we now feel more confident to undertake unguided. Highly Recommended!
Angela Tea Singapore
We enjoyed the walking tour very much, though it was cold and we almost walked non-stop. Alexia is a wonderful guide, cheerful and knowledgeable. The private access to the third ring great view! and underground were exceptional!
Super tour!! Knowledgeable tour guides. You will learn and see a lot.