- 3.5-hour Rome Colosseum tour with skip-the-line ticket
- Enjoy access to all areas of the Colosseum, including places normally off-limits
- Explore the Colosseum's underground chambers and see where wild animals were caged
- Step into the arena where gladiators once fought, before visiting the Colosseum's upper level
- Visit the Roman Forum, walk up Palatine Hill and enjoy views of Nero's Circus Maximus
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Fast-track access makes for a more relaxed and in-depth experience of Rome's biggest attraction. Plus, you get to see the Roman Forum and take in panoramic views from Palatine Hill.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- A Roman Holiday: the ColosseumPhoto by: Carol G
USA, 10 2011
- Roman ColosseumPhoto by: Michael M
- The Temple of Antoninus and ...Photo by: moti k
- night in romePhoto by: GRAHAM H
- The ColosseumPhoto by: T31667
- Viator Colosseum TourPhoto by: Keith H J
- The Colosseum from Upper LevelPhoto by: Heather S
- ArenaPhoto by: VIOLETA T
- The Forum TourPhoto by: Jim Williams
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Jim Williams
- History came to life in the ...Photo by: Catherine K
- ColosseumPhoto by: Maria NÖ
Sverige, 09 2015
- Colosseum tourPhoto by: sophie p
- Inside the colosseumPhoto by: Gwendolen H
- Underground chamberPhoto by: Rachel P
- ColosseumPhoto by: Katherine W
- Upper tier ColosseumPhoto by: Christer B
- Thr Roman ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon M
- Roman Colosseum ProfilePhoto by: Sharon M
- Underground in the ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon M
What You Can Expect
Inside, begin below ground to explore the Colosseum’s tunnels, chambers and pits. This section of the amphitheater is only open to a select number of visitors each day, so enjoy this exclusive chance to see more than most people do. While you walk through the underground passageways, listen to stories about the wild animals who were held down here and the Roman gladiators who prepared for their battles here.
Next, head upward, stopping on the arena floor level. Most visitors are restricted to walk only around the edge, but you have access to walk on the floor itself, standing on the same spot where the battles took place. Not much of the original floor remains, but you can peer down through the gaps to see the underground chambers. Then continue moving up to the Colosseum’s upper tier, now open again after it closed in the 1970s. This top level may have been where Rome’s lower classes of spectators were relegated to sit, but it afford panoramic views of the arena—another unique perspective that many visitors don’t get.
Upon exiting the Colosseum, walk with your guide over to the Roman Forum, once the political heart of the city. Take in the sprawl of ancient ruins, and walk up Palatine Hill, once home to Ancient Rome’s wealthy residents, for a view of Circus Maximus, where chariot races took place. Your tour ends on Via Sacra, the main street of Ancient Rome that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill.
Please note: The order of sites visited may be reversed during your tour.
OMG!!! OMG!!! Ancient Rome is absolutely amazing!! I was overwhelmed with emotions the entire time, I felt like I had gone back in time. The best tour I've ever experienced. The Colosseum is a great tour, the structure and engineering are very impressive. The history of events that took place here were very brutal, I felt no emotional attachment to the Colosseum like I did in Ancient Rome. Rosanna is a terrific tour guide, born and raised Rome!
The History, amazing and A Must if your visiting Rome!!!!
I and #39;ve done this tour before with the same guide, Valentina. She is so good. Knows her stuff. First time tour for my husband and he loved it. You see so much of the colosseum on this tour and also the Forum. It was great!
What an incredible tour! I am not one for bus tours but my experience to Italy would not have been the same without it. Elisa was our tour guide on the Tuscany tour which was excellent. On our tour we saw Sienna, a working farm, San Gimignamo and Pisa. I highly recommend it!
Spruce Lee Australia
So glad we took this tour, the restricted area access was incredible, so much information that help with getting the big picture of the way the colosseum was in its prime.
Do yourself a favor and take the tour
The Collesseum and Forum tour was amazing. So many interesting facts to learn. I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone. Our guide was awesome and very passionate about the history relating to the venues she took us to.
Lynn G Australia
If you really want to see ancient Rome, this is the ticket! We loved hearing the sorties and its a solid walk but the guide was great and really had the pace right.
A M A Z I N G! AMAZING TOUR, AMAZING TOUR GUIDE! Went everywhere and saw everything! Highly recommend. Only issue is that I wish it went longer as it was slightly hurried :(
Unbelievable Tour Guide and Tour. Completely exceeded our expectations! Archeologists leading the tour so insightful, probably our best tour of the trip.
This tour was amazing!