- 3.5-hour Rome Colosseum tour with skip-the-line ticket
- Enjoy access to all areas of the Colosseum, including places normally off-limits
- Explore the Colosseum's underground chambers and see where wild animals were caged
- Step into the arena where gladiators once fought, before visiting the Colosseum's upper level
- Visit the Roman Forum, walk up Palatine Hill and enjoy views of Nero's Circus Maximus
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Fast-track access makes for a more relaxed and in-depth experience of Rome's biggest attraction. Plus, you get to see the Roman Forum and take in panoramic views from Palatine Hill.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- A Roman Holiday: the ColosseumPhoto by: Carol G
USA, 10 2011
- The Colosseum from Upper LevelPhoto by: Heather S
- ArenaPhoto by: VIOLETA T
- The Forum TourPhoto by: Jim Williams
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Jim Williams
- History came to life in the ...Photo by: Catherine K
- ColosseumPhoto by: Maria NÖ
Sverige, 09 2015
- Colosseum tourPhoto by: sophie p
- Inside the colosseumPhoto by: Gwendolen H
- Underground chamberPhoto by: Rachel P
- ColosseumPhoto by: Katherine W
- Upper tier ColosseumPhoto by: Christer B
- Thr Roman ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon M
- Roman Colosseum ProfilePhoto by: Sharon M
- Underground in the ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon M
- Ancient Roman ForumPhoto by: Sharon M
- Roman PinesPhoto by: Sharon M
- Anient skylinePhoto by: Sharon M
- colosseumPhoto by: Sharon M
- From the Roman forumPhoto by: Sharon M
What You Can Expect
Your first stop is the Colosseum's fascinating underground level, open to a limited amount of people each day. Explore the network of underground passages, chambers and cells as your guide brings this subterranean maze to life with tales of gore and glory! It was here that Roman gladiators prepared for battle, and where the fearsome, wild animals they fought were caged.
Working upward, you'll see the arena next. Rather than walking round the edge as most do, you get to step right into the space where battles were once fought. Little of the original arena floor still exists, but the gaps allow you to enjoy clear views of the underground levels below.
Your tour then takes you to the Colosseum's upper tier. Recently opened for the first time since the 1970s, this third level was where the lower Roman classes sat when cheering the gladiators, enjoying bird's-eye views of the action below. Walk around and enjoy the views from this unique vantage point.
Your Colosseum tour now comes to an end, but there is more of Ancient Rome to see! Take a leisurely walk to the Roman Forum -- the sprawl of ruins that was the heart of ancient Rome. Head up Palatine Hill with your guide to see where rich Romans once lived, and enjoy views of Nero's Circus Maximus, where chariot races were held. Your tour ends on the Via Sacra, the main street of ancient Rome that leads to Capitoline Hill.
Please note: the order of which sites are visited may be reversed on this itinerary, although all sites as mentioned above will be visited.
This was a very interesting and enjoyable tour. Our guide, Fabrizio, was excellent, very knowledgable, informative and passionate about his subject.
Great tour, I loved being able to see the underground parts of the Colesseum. Our tour guide, Sev, was informative and fun. I really love the fact that he's an archaeologist.
United States of ...
This was one of the best tours we have ever taken. Our guide was thorough, knowledgeable and very entertaining. Her detailed accounts of the history was extremely beneficial and made the program that much more enjoyable.
Nice being able to break away from the huge crowds and see some of the colosseum with a smaller group in uncrowded locations. Great tour.
This was the best tour of Rome and the forum I've ever had. The guide paced us perfectly and there was so much to see. Amazing!
This tour was great !!!!!! I would totally recommend it . its very long but totally worth it .. its all day so I would recommend bringing a snack . especially if you did not have a big breakfast . and you are diabetic . enjoy!!!!
This was really cool to get the backstage view of the historic place. So glad my husband talked me into dong this tour!
having done the colosseum before choice this trip for the extras and was not disappointed well worth the extra money very interesting to see
Very well done. Directions to meeting point were clear and easy to follow. Headsets worked fine with no problems. Guide was very good sorry but I cannot remember his name.
The tour was awesome.the guide was very knowledgable. 5