- 2-hour Rome walking tour, focusing on the Italian Baroque artist Caravaggio
- See famous Caravaggio paintings, such as the Crucifixion of St Peter
- See top Rome attractions as you walk, including Piazza del Popolo, the Spanish Steps and Via Margutta
- Learn about Caravaggio and discuss Renaissance art with your knowledgeable guide
- Enjoy fine wines and local delicacies (included) at a local wine bar
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
From Piazza del Popolo, your tour continues through some of Rome's most elegant streets, including the fashionable Via Margutta -- a narrow, picturesque street lined with interesting art galleries and boutique hotels. Your stroll leads to the Spanish steps, a top Rome attraction and must-visit site. After enjoying a photo opportunity at this impressive 138-step staircase, head through Piazza San Lorenzo on your way to the Church of Sant'Agostino.
One of Rome’s true hidden gems, this little-known church is packed with significant art. See works by Raphael before viewing Caravaggio's Madonna del Loreto in the church's Cavaletti Chapel. This controversial painting depicts a beautiful Madonna (Virgin Mary) appearing with two pilgrims, with Christ as a child in her arms.
Spend the last hour of your tour at a local wine bar, where you'll get to relax with your guide and discuss Caravaggio and other Baroque artists whose work you have seen during the tour. Savor two glasses of wine (white and red) and a platter of local cheeses, meats, olives and bread (included) as you sit back, contemplate beautiful art and enjoy the rich cultural atmosphere.
The tour guide was excellent. The wine tasting was more then I expected.
This tour was excellent. The guide Jeanette was very knowledgable and explained how dramatic carraveggio's style was for the time. Also these special paintings commissioned by the various churches. The wine and antipasto at a lovely restaurant made for a perfect ending.