- Full-day private shore excursion to Tarquinia and Tuscania from Civatevecchia
- Enjoy an independent day trip with private transport, allowing you to explore at your own pace
- Visit the Etruscan museum in Tarquinia and learn how the Etruscans rose to prosperity and power
- See the aristocratic Palazzo Vitelleschi -- a masterpiece of Gothic-Renaissance architecture
- Explore the medieval historical center of Tuscania and admire the Basilica of San Pietro
- Port pickup and drop-off included
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
When you arrive in Tarquinia, your driver will drop you off in a central location so you can explore on your own. Visit the Etruscan museum, where you can see well-preserved sarcophagi (ancient coffins carved from stone) and frescoes from the 6th to 1st centuries BC. Walk to the Etruscan necropolis to see one of the most beautiful and well-preserved tombs of the ancient world. You can also visit the aristocratic Palazzo Vitelleschi, a masterpiece of Gothic-Renaissance architecture.
Next it's on to Tuscania, where your driver will recommend a typical trattoria, where you can enjoy lunch (own expense). Then explore the medieval historical center and see the beautiful Basilica of San Pietro. Standing on the town’s old Etruscan acropolis, the Roman basilica has a 13th-century façade with symbols of the Evangelists.
You will return to the Civitavecchia port in time to re-board your cruise ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Civitavecchia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.