Book by Nov 30, 2015 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
- Full-day trip from Rome to Florence with an expert guide
- Travel through the Tuscan countryside, admiring the scenery near Tevere River
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Accademia Gallery in Florence and see Michelangelo’s David and Quattro Prigioni sculptures
- Admire Brunelleschi’s Dome and Giotto’s Bell Tower at Florence Duomo
- Relax over lunch in a restaurant near Piazza della Signoria
- Visit one of Florence’s famous leather-making schools
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Florence is a must-see -- it will steal your heart! This day trip takes you through gorgeous countryside, including the wine-growing valley of Chianti, and shows you top Florence attractions. Totally worth the journey from Rome!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Sunflowers!Photo by: Anonymous
- Florence Museum with and ...Photo by: victoria f
- Walking through FlorencePhoto by: JumpingNorman
- The view of David from the ...Photo by: JumpingNorman
- Florence, 2014Photo by: Sal S
- OKPhoto by: Michael P
- FlorencePhoto by: ANASTASIOS P
- CathedralPhoto by: Samantha B
- Michael Angelo's DavidPhoto by: ivettek
- Ponte VecchioPhoto by: Ru
- Admiring 10 Years of WorkPhoto by: UBI
USA, 05 2012
- Pit StopPhoto by: UBI
USA, 05 2012
- The BridgePhoto by: Ddallas
- FlorencePhoto by: Ddallas
- Civic and Political Power ...Photo by: Choy Kuen L
- FlorencePhoto by: linda F
- Florence Day Trip from RomePhoto by: Nicole Lim P Y L
- On the wayPhoto by: Nicole Lim P Y L
- el puente viejoPhoto by: IRIS V
Mexico, 08 2010
- Florence Day Trip from RomePhoto by: IRIS V
Mexico, 08 2010
What You Can Expect
First stop in the city is the world-famous Accademia Gallery (Gallerie dell'Accademia ), home to Michelangelo’s original David sculpture, which, of course, you will see on your tour! Head inside to see the Accademia’s highlights with your expert guide, learning about Michelangelo’s unfinished Quattro Prigioni – a sculpture of prisoners trying to free themselves from the marble in which they are carved – and see Botticelli’s Madonna and Child among other noteworthy works.
Leave the museum and set off on your walking tour to see top city attractions like Florence Duomo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore). Admire the cathedral’s distinctive orange dome, designed by Renaissance supremo Fillipo Brunelleschi, and then admire Giotto’s Bell Tower – another Renaissance masterpiece.
Stop near Piazza della Signoria to enjoy lunch in a typical Florentine restaurant, and then continue your walking tour to the Basilica of Santa Croce to see where Michelangelo is buried. Finally, visit one of Florence’s famous leather-making schools, where you’ll also learn about other ancient Tuscan crafts such as gold metal work and mosaic making.
Return to your coach with your guide and return to Rome, finishing your tour back at your hotel. Alternatively, you can finish your tour with a drop off at Via Veneto, Piazza Barberini, Piazza Venezia or Piazza della Repubblica; simply let your guide know on the day.
Click on the 'View Additional Info' button below to see the tour's meeting point, near Termini Station.
This was a nice day trip -- guide was outstanding, bus was clean and quiet, felt like we saw lots of sights in Florence.
Very nice day trip to see some of the more influential areas of Florence. The tour guide was very passionate about the city and was a great resource. We got to see the statue of David, then we saw some of the town squares. Lunch was very good with several portions of pasta, then a meat and potato dish, and finally dessert. Finally we had about an hour on our own to shop or frequent one of the town pubs. Very good experience.
Our tour here was Fantastic,,, Very Long Day But Well Worth It!!
While the goal of this outing was to see the statue of David, I also enjoyed visiting the historic part of Florence. Time was given to browse and to revisit, in greater depth. some of the sights shown.
Beautiful country side ,good food and restaurant,excellent place for shopping
It was fun!
The tour company and tour guides were excellent!
Excellent day guide excellent had a wonderful time
A long tireing day, but worth it as the cruise we were doing called in for Florence on a Monday when both Accadamia and Uffizi galleries are closed.
$162.03 Save $16.20