- Full-day food tour of Naples with transport from Rome
- Learn about the Campania region and its famous cuisine from a local guide
- Sample a Neapolitan espresso, two types of pizza and two traditional pastries
- Wander through Naples fish market to San Gregorio Armeno, a street where nativity scenes are crafted
- Take a ride on the Naples funicular and admire views over the Bay of Naples from Vomero
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
What You Can Expect
After roughly 2.5 hours on the road, arrive in the coastal city and hop out of your coach for a Neapolitan espresso to perk you up after your journey. As you sip on the strong and bitter brew, learn about the history of the humble espresso and the coffee-drinking etiquette in Naples.
Feeling revived, immerse yourself in the colorful chaos of Naples' fish market where the catches of the day are touted to many a passer-by. Browse stalls heaving with glistening shellfish and soak up the atmosphere, the air dense with bartering between locals and the market’s rubber-booted vendors. Pass through the stalls and wander to San Gregorio Armeno, a street known as ‘Christmas alley,’ where local craftsmen make nativity scenes. Shops with twinkling Christmas lights are open all year round, and you’ll have chance to browse their wares as you walk.
Stop for a sample of pizza fritta (fried pizza) – a popular Neapolitan street snack – and then take the Naples funicular up to the vantage point of Vomero. Enjoy another pizza at the top while admiring views over the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius in the distance.
Head back into town for your final food stop at Gambrinus, a legendary local coffee house, to try their prized sfogliatella and babà (two types of pastries), and then finish your tour of Naples with a walk around Piazza del Plebiscito and the Galleria Umberto I shopping arcade.
Return to your coach and relax on the journey back to Rome, finishing your day with a drop-off in town.