Book and travel by March 31, 2016 and save 10% off our previously offered price!
- Naples and Pompeii day trip from Rome with an expert guide
- Travel through Castelli Romani on the way south to the Campania region
- Pass through Santa Lucia and stop for photos in front of Castel dell’Ovo on the seafront
- See top Naples attractions from the comfort of your coach: Piazza del Plebiscito, San Carlo Opera House and Castel Nuovo
- Explore Pompeii’s UNESCO-listed ruins and learn about Mount Vesuvius’ eruption of AD 79
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
It's a journey loaded with arresting sights, including the enchanting medieval villages of Castelli Romani and the distinctive outline of Mt Vesuvius. Your guide gives you a thorough overview of ancient Pompeii.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- PompeiiPhoto by: Marjorie W
- Rome 10-2010 070Photo by: Louis C
- Man, PompeiiPhoto by: Darci W
- Appreciating the size of ...Photo by: Liesl V
South Africa, 06 2010
- Worshipping the mountain?Photo by: Charles P
USA, 06 2010
- Pompeii PorticoPhoto by: Patrick M
Ireland, 02 2009
- NaplesPhoto by: Erika H
USA, 08 2008
- Bay of NaplesPhoto by: Salvatore R
USA, 06 2008
- On top of the worldPhoto by: Angela H
USA, 05 2008
- A street in PompeiiPhoto by: Kris W
United Kingdom, 03 2008
- The Mens SpaPhoto by: justcurious85
- You Should Be Here with MTC ...Photo by: mareejulian
Australia, 08 2015
- MJMbiz-Travel Club MTC at the ...Photo by: mareejulian
Australia, 08 2015
- Terrible lunchPhoto by: mariaiaiello
- GrupoPhoto by: Fabiano
- Visita en Pompeya abril 2015Photo by: Aristides B
- Pompei tourPhoto by: Philip R
- NAPOLESPhoto by: Rosario B
- PompeyaPhoto by: Rosario B
- Caught by the Volcanic AshPhoto by: Maria A B
What You Can Expect
Begin your Rome to Naples day trip with a pickup from your hotel. Or, simply meet your guide near Rome Termini station. Once aboard your coach, relax on the journey south to the Campania region and look out for sights such as the Abbey of Montecassino. The Benedictine monastery is a dramatic sight, perched on top of a hill in the rocky Castelli Romani area.
After three hours on the road, arrive in the Campania capital of Naples, and see its sights from the comfort of your coach. Take in views of the coast as you pass along the road from Mergellina Port to the fishing district of Santa Lucia. Then, stretch your legs with a photo stop by the medieval seaside fort of Castel dell’Ovo.
Work your way into Naples’ historic center for a look at Piazza del Plebiscito and its fine collection of monuments. Hear snippets of history about Naples Royal Palace (aka Palacio Real), the three Bourbon palaces and the Basilica of San Francesco di Paola — a church with attention-grabbing colonnades. Other Naples attractions seen include Castel Nuovo, Galleria Umberto I and Teatro di San Carlo.
Leave the city by coach and travel further south toward Mt Vesuvius. Pass towns such as Ercolano — home to the ancient site of Herculaneum — as well as Torre del Greco and Torre Annunziata. Stop in Pompeii for lunch at a local restaurant, and then visit Pompeii’s UNESCO-listed ruins on a 2-hour tour.
Hear how the city lay buried under a sea of volcanic ash from Mt Vesuvius as you admire the excavations of monuments such as the 5,000-seater Teatro Grande.
Finally, return to your coach and relax on your journey back to Rome. Your tour finishes with a drop-off in Rome.
My favorite tour! Loved everything about it.
Our bus travel to Naples and Pompeii was well coordinate with every 1.5 hour breaks in a 3 hour drive. The guided bus tour in Naples was quick and informative given by Teresa. The lunch was decent, the pizza and fruit dessert being my favorite out of the 3 course meal. As far as the Pompeii tour, Teresa was amazing. She was able to draw our imaginations of what life was like in Pompeii and how the people lived there. Example, she got us very excited before entering every ruin such as a fast food place they had built. The drive back to Rome was uneventful besides another 1.5 hour break.
Great Tour and our Naples guide was very knowledgeable.
Good tour, informative guide and a very good Lunch. One of the best meals I have had in Rome.
This tour is well worth the time and expense. The tour guides were informative and friendly. We stopped every 1and1/2 hour for a relief stop and drink break.
Long day but worth it!
Excellent tour guide Jose Pereira
Very professional tour guides from Rome and Naples, as well as the driver. Excellent tour and very highly recommended.
Our tour was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect trip to add to our adventures through Italy!
$138.57 Save $13.86