- Panoramic Bike Tour of Rome
- The most enjoyable way to discover Rome's best panoramic views
- 4.5 hours of cycling around Rome's most famous sights, including the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- 27-gear trekking bike (helmet included)
- Knowledgeable and professional local guide
- Small groups up to 12 people for a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Far from the chaotic city traffic, the tour route takes you through gardens and up a few hills so you can get the best views in town. Your arms and legs may be quite worn out by the end of the tour, but you’ll find that it is all worth it for the perfect Roman view. You’ll pedal through and around many exceptional places including:
- Trajan's Thermal Baths
- Circus Maximus (panoramic view of the Palatine Hill)
- Piazza of the Knights of Malta
- Aventino Hill and the Garden of the Oranges (the romantic view of Rome)
- Bocca della Verita' Square
- Santa Maria in Trastevere
- Janiculum (the main view of Rome)
- St Peter's Square and Basilica
- Castel Sant'Angelo (Mauseleum of Hadrian)
- Via de' Coronari
- Navona Square
- Largo di Torre Argentina
- Jewish Ghetto
- Theater of Marcellus
- Capitoline Hill (panoramic view of the Roman Forum)
You will cover an area of approximately 12 miles (18 kilometers). The ride is leisurely, but will go uphill, so a medium level of fitness is recommended.
Absolutely fabulous experience. A small group (just two riders plus the guide), we got a great look at the city. The spots we stopped (for coffee and later pizza) were top notch, and ones that I returned to on my own. This tour made my trip!
I ride a road bike at home, so this was not a stretch. If you haven't ridden in 15 years, this is a pretty technical undertaking. It's not the up- and down-hill that challenge -- although there are hills -- it's the crowds. (I chose a touring bike with an electronic battery "assist", so going uphill was easy.)
Unlike a walking tour, where you are listening to a guide (usually through a headset) while you walk, on this biking tour you ride for awhile, then stop and listen to explanation.
This tour made my trip!
Great way to experience Rome. Aside from wonderful panoramic views of Rome, we took small alley ways into the various sections. We saw sights in Trastevere, toured the Pantheon, and went to the Vatican City. Caution: Some were on electric bikes that lurched forward when the rider tried to slow.