Book and travel by Feb 29, 2016 and save 10% off our previously offered price!
- 4-hour papal audience experience in Vatican City
- Cut through the crowds to a prime spot to see the pope
- Listen to your guide via an audio headset to hear the history behind the papacy
- Learn of the traditions associated with the papacy and the Vatican
- Hear the cardinals address the audience in prayer
- Watch as the pope delivers his weekly message and offers blessings
- Small-group experience limited to 20 people ensures personal attention from a guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Papal audience tickets are free, but can be difficult to organize. Cut out the hassle and collect your prebooked ticket from your guide when you arrive. Then, head inside St Peter’s Square early to ensure the best possible views of the pope’s address.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The PopePhoto by: Joye R
- Papal Audience with Pope ...Photo by: Maybeth R
- So closePhoto by: Jennifer Mary A
- Papa FranciscoPhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- AudiênciaPhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- ConvitePhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- Na frente de Sua SantidadePhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- Una experincia unica.Photo by: Luigibel
- Amazing Pictures of the Pope!Photo by: Laurie O
- Plaza San Pedro 7 - 10 - 2015Photo by: Laura Susana M
- St Peters Square at daybreakPhoto by: Tom and Josiane
- Pope in Popemobile IIIPhoto by: Tom and Josiane
- Pope in Popemobile IIPhoto by: Tom and Josiane
- Pope in PopemobilePhoto by: Tom and Josiane
- The PopePhoto by: Tawana G
- Close-up imagePhoto by: Michael N
- Pope FrancisPhoto by: Michael N
- The Pope up ClosePhoto by: Dallas B
- Papal VisitPhoto by: rubiadepr
- PapePhoto by: Francis M
France, 06 2015
What You Can Expect
Following your guide, navigate the crowd to reach your seat, where you’ll have views of the pope when he arrives. While you wait, learn a bit about the history of the papacy in Rome and hear about Renaissance artists like Michelangelo who left such a beautiful mark on the Vatican. With your audio headset, you don’t have to worry about not being able to hear your guide over the throngs of people.
As the address starts, listen to the cardinals leading pilgrims in prayer, and watch the pope deliver his blessings for the week. The service includes hymns, prayers and a homily. When the address is over, your guide will say goodbye, leaving you to explore on your own from St Peter’s Square.
Note: Immediately after booking, you must reconfirm your ticket using the phone number provided on your confirmation voucher. The local tour operator will ask for your home address, as this is required by Vatican City. Failure to reconfirm your ticket may result in it being canceled. Please also note that seating for the papal audience is limited. Your guide will do everything possible to secure you a seat, but on rare occasions, this may not be possible.
Amazing, I was literally an arm distance away from the Pope. It was beautiful
BEBS United States of ...
worthwhile and was so lucky bec we had inside the vatican chapel
I felt so blessed and thank you for this special trip last January 2016
Luv2TravlAmy United States of ...
Wow! It was so exciting to see the Pope and our guide, Florinia, got us SUPER close! I was within 10 feet of Pope Francis! This was a once in a lifetime experience and should not be missed if you are in Rome on a Wednesday.
It was a wonderful experience easy to find the meeting point and our tour guide was able to get us great seats!
The Papal Presentation was phenomenal. But what made it even more spectacular was the tour guide that escorted our group into the presentation area. Tiffany was very informative, very knowledgeable as she spoke about the history of Rome. She was very fun to listen to. I highly recommend this tour, it is an absolute one of a kind experience.
Wonderful. Guide was super. Would use Viator again for tours.
What a delightful experience! Our lovely guide helped us get great 2nd row seats. It was freezing, and the sun didn't warm us until much later in the morning wear warm clothes!!!. Papa Francesco was so warm and engaging. Thanks Viator for making this a spectacular experience!
We had a fantastic time. The group was very small and it all went by so quickly but I had a fantastic time and learned so much from our guide.
Although this event is free to the public every Wednesday, since it was our first time in Rome - we would have been lost without our guide.
Tiffany was our guide, who grew up in Indiana USA and recently moved to Italy 10 years ago. Needless to say, her English was very well spoken.
Due to the popular event to see the Pope, we had to arrive 3-4 hours early to secure seats. As we waited Tiffany was able to give us brief but detailed history of Rome 101. My favorite is when she used a Ninja Turtle reference, So then the Pope called all the Ninja Turtles to help him with the arts.
was perfectly organized
$44.24 Save $4.42