- 4-hour papal audience experience in Vatican City
- Cut through the crowds to a prime spot to see the pope
- Listen to your guide via an audio headset to hear the history behind the papacy
- Learn of the traditions associated with the papacy and the Vatican
- Hear the cardinals address the audience in prayer
- Watch as the pope delivers his weekly message and offers blessings
- Small-group experience limited to 20 people ensures personal attention from a guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Papal audience tickets are free, but can be difficult to organize. Cut out the hassle and collect your prebooked ticket from your guide when you arrive. Then, head inside St Peter’s Square early to ensure the best possible views of the pope’s address.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The PopePhoto by: Joye R
- Papal Audience with Pope ...Photo by: Maybeth R
- Pope FrancesPhoto by: Gretchen H
- Papa FrancescoPhoto by: Miles To Go
USA, 05 2016
- USPhoto by: Fernanda A D
- PapaPhoto by: Fernanda A D
- Pope Francis 13 April 2016Photo by: Elaine B
- Pope AudiencePhoto by: Eillen L
- So closePhoto by: Susan T
- ESPERANDO E NÃO CHEGOU ...Photo by: marcus.aranha
- So closePhoto by: Jennifer Mary A
- Papa FranciscoPhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- AudiênciaPhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- ConvitePhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- Na frente de Sua SantidadePhoto by: Marcos
Brasil, 12 2015
- Una experincia unica.Photo by: Luigibel
- Amazing Pictures of the Pope!Photo by: Laurie O
- Plaza San Pedro 7 - 10 - 2015Photo by: Laura Susana M
- St Peters Square at daybreakPhoto by: Tom and Josiane
- Pope in Popemobile IIIPhoto by: Tom and Josiane
What You Can Expect
Following your guide, navigate the crowd to reach your seat, where you’ll have views of the pope when he arrives. While you wait, learn a bit about the history of the papacy in Rome and hear about Renaissance artists like Michelangelo who left such a beautiful mark on the Vatican. With your audio headset, you don’t have to worry about not being able to hear your guide over the throngs of people.
As the address starts, listen to the cardinals leading pilgrims in prayer, and watch the pope deliver his blessings for the week. The service includes hymns, prayers and a homily. When the address is over, your guide will say goodbye, leaving you to explore on your own from St Peter’s Square.
Note: Immediately after booking, you must reconfirm your ticket using the phone number provided on your confirmation voucher. The local tour operator will ask for your home address, as this is required by Vatican City. Failure to reconfirm your ticket may result in it being canceled. Please also note that seating for the papal audience is limited. Your guide will do everything possible to secure you a seat, but on rare occasions, this may not be possible.
Better than I could have ever expected. Great seats first row in 2nd section so Pope Frances came very close to us. It was awesome and fabulous and moving.
Love this tour. Highly recommend, we were close enough to see Pope Francis and gets some very nice pictures. Ricardo our guide was very knowledgeable and loved his job. He did a great job getting us through security and keeping us all together. Highly recommend.
Despite sitting for four hours in cold and rain, it was a wonderful tour. Our guide was very informative and we were seated very near where the Pope drove by.
Miles To Go USA
The decision to use Viator for the Papal Audience was by far, the best choice I could have made. We were able to sit in a section that allowed us to take some amazing photos. Thank you Viator!
We had a good seat . Saw the pope really close. The guide tour was on the point. Learned alot from her. I would highly recommend it.
Una experiencia inolvidable. Como argentina, es un orgullo ver a un compatriota es este lugar y escuchar sus palabras fue maravilloso. La organización de Viator es muy buena, súper recomendable.
It was a amazing expirence!!! Fantastic!! Will definetly recommend.
This was very exciting for my daughter and me. We were fortunate to get in through a gate that opened directly in front of us so we did not have to go through the typical metal detectors. Our guide whisked us to perfect seats to see the Pope drive by us. It was a thrilling experience. Our guide also gave us a very extensive history of the Vatican which helped put things in perspective when we were there.
The tour could not have been better. Our tour guide was extremely nice and personable. She was very knowledgeable about Vatican history. She gauged our entrance perfectly. She saw that the guards were going to open up another gate without going through the traditional metal detectors. She was right and got us perfect seats to see the Pope up close and personal. It was an amazing experience.
We met our tour guide Vivianna, She was very friendly and gave us a very knowledgeable presentation with a little humour. She helped the group through all the security checks. She insured us we were seated in a great position. Well worth the cost if you are intent on seeing The Pope up close. The whole tour was amazing