Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Full-day Amalfi Coast tour from Rome with an expert driver-guide
- Visit Amalfi, Positano and Pompeii on your day trip to the Amalfi Coast
- Sample limoncello in Amalfi town and visit Chiostro del Paradiso if you wish
- Enjoy free time in the picturesque village of Positano and stroll along its beaches
- Explore the UNESCO-listed site of Pompeii on a walking tour with a local expert guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Incredible scenery and captivating history rolled into one very full day! Stop at quaint towns along the spectacular Amalfi Coast before you take a trip back in time to the long-buried ancient town of Pompeii on a gripping walking tour.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- PositanoPhoto by: Abdiel S
- IMG_1693Photo by: Kimberly W
- The Beautiful View at PositanoPhoto by: Tiffany G
USA, 06 2009
- AmalfiPhoto by: Anonymous
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: Anonymous
- Waiting for the boat at AmalfiPhoto by: David F
Bermuda, 07 2008
- PositanoPhoto by: Danielle R
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: ericamarie
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: ericamarie
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: Pamela P
United States of America, 08 2015
- Positano LunchPhoto by: Jon P
- Beautiful beyond wordsPhoto by: R. Suzette U
- PositanoPhoto by: Georgette P
- The carvings and coloring are ...Photo by: STEFANIE S
- walking amoungst the ruinsPhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Pompei - ancient ruinsPhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Positano viewPhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Even among the raindrops it ...Photo by: STEFANIE S
- little shops in AmalfiPhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Amalfi coast linePhoto by: STEFANIE S
What You Can Expect
First stop is the picture-perfect town of Amalfi, on the luscious Amalfi Coast. Once a major naval power, the town is now known for its stunning coastal scenery; it clings to a jagged rock face looking down over the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea. Enjoy free time here to stretch your legs on a walk around, admiring the town’s typically Mediterranean architecture, where houses seem to be built on top of each other as they straddle the hillside! Rest in one of the cafés and sample a shot of limoncello (own expense), or perhaps check out the Cloister of Paradise (Chiostro del Paradiso) -- an intriguing Arabian-style hamlet.
Continue by minivan to the neighboring village of Positano, passing along a stunning coastal road with stops peppered in for photo stops. Enjoy free time for lunch in the village (own expense), and to explore. Gaze in admiration at the white- and pastel-colored houses that smatter the hillside, and perhaps take a stroll along its perfectly groomed beaches.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and then head inland toward the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii -- the world-famous ancient village that lay buried under layers of volcanic ash for centuries. Explore the area with your guide on a 2-hour walking tour, documenting the site’s history from AD 79 when Mount Vesuvius erupted, to the early 18th century when it was ‘discovered.’ Hear history come to life with tales of ancient Romans who once lived here.
From Pompeii, return north to Rome by minivan. Your tour then finishes back at your hotel in the late evening.
Our driver and guide was very good. It was our second time on a tour like this and we enjoyed it as much as the first time. Pompeii is a must see destination, and the Amalfi Coast is beautiful.
Our only issue was our driver had a head cold which 3 of us in our party of 4 caught, making our transatlantic cruise much less enjoyable than it should have been.
Guide at Pompeii was a third generation guide, knowledgeable, interesting and able to compare Pompeii with current day life.
Scenery was amazing on the Coast.
Tour Guide was professional and well versed. Made the day a big success.
Loved the excursion but be warned, it is a long day.
Fantastic Trip and comes very highly recommended. Our driver/guide, Brando was fabulous, kind/very informative and really 'made' this trip. The scenery was just breathtaking and it was lovely that Brando stopped 'along the way' so we could take some photos. We thoroughly enjoyed our free time in both Amalfi and Positano. Pompeii was an amazing experience, made all the more special because we had such a fun/informative guide. A fabulous day!
This tour was excellent, our guide Roberto is a great person to tour with, knowledgeable and amiable.
This was a really special trip. The views of the Amalfi coast are outstanding. This was even more breathtaking than we could have imagined. Want to go back!
Excellent guide and driver. Amazing coastline and fascinating guide through Pompeii
guitano was magnificant
What a great way to see Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast in a Readers Digest version of the area. I had a very limited amount of time in Rome so this was a good way for me to see the sights. The members of the tour group and the guide made for a very enjoyable day.
It was a perfect day and a perfect way to get into our Italian vacation. Driver to our hotel was on time and our return was right on time. Plenty of free time to look around the different towns, etc.
The Day was not so good because was raining and windy. But WOW! All the places are amazing! My favorites Amalfi and Positano. Our guide Roberto recommend us a place to it at the beach. He was very nice and patience with everybody. Our guide in Pompei with a lot of experience.