Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Full-day Amalfi Coast tour from Rome with an expert driver-guide
- Visit Amalfi, Positano and Pompeii on your day trip to the Amalfi Coast
- Sample limoncello in Amalfi town and visit Chiostro del Paradiso if you wish
- Enjoy free time in the picturesque village of Positano and stroll along its beaches
- Explore the UNESCO-listed site of Pompeii on a walking tour with a local expert guide
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Incredible scenery and captivating history rolled into one very full day! Stop at quaint towns along the spectacular Amalfi Coast before you take a trip back in time to the long-buried ancient town of Pompeii on a gripping walking tour.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- PositanoPhoto by: Abdiel S
- IMG_1693Photo by: Kimberly W
- The Beautiful View at PositanoPhoto by: Tiffany G
USA, 06 2009
- AmalfiPhoto by: Anonymous
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: Anonymous
- Waiting for the boat at AmalfiPhoto by: David F
Bermuda, 07 2008
- PositanoPhoto by: Priscilla B
- AmalfiPhoto by: Michelene V
- Chez BlackPhoto by: Michelene V
- PositanoPhoto by: Danielle R
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: ericamarie
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: ericamarie
- Amalfi CoastPhoto by: Pamela P
United States of America, 08 2015
- Positano LunchPhoto by: Jon P
- Beautiful beyond wordsPhoto by: R. Suzette U
- PositanoPhoto by: Georgette P
- The carvings and coloring are ...Photo by: STEFANIE S
- walking amoungst the ruinsPhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Pompei - ancient ruinsPhoto by: STEFANIE S
- Positano viewPhoto by: STEFANIE S
What You Can Expect
First stop is the picture-perfect town of Amalfi, on the luscious Amalfi Coast. Once a major naval power, the town is now known for its stunning coastal scenery; it clings to a jagged rock face looking down over the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea. Enjoy free time here to stretch your legs on a walk around, admiring the town’s typically Mediterranean architecture, where houses seem to be built on top of each other as they straddle the hillside! Rest in one of the cafés and sample a shot of limoncello (own expense), or perhaps check out the Cloister of Paradise (Chiostro del Paradiso) -- an intriguing Arabian-style hamlet.
Continue by minivan to the neighboring village of Positano, passing along a stunning coastal road with stops peppered in for photo stops. Enjoy free time for lunch in the village (own expense), and to explore. Gaze in admiration at the white- and pastel-colored houses that smatter the hillside, and perhaps take a stroll along its perfectly groomed beaches.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and then head inland toward the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii -- the world-famous ancient village that lay buried under layers of volcanic ash for centuries. Explore the area with your guide on a 2-hour walking tour, documenting the site’s history from AD 79 when Mount Vesuvius erupted, to the early 18th century when it was ‘discovered.’ Hear history come to life with tales of ancient Romans who once lived here.
From Pompeii, return north to Rome by minivan. Your tour then finishes back at your hotel in the late evening.
The Amalfi Coast is simply wonderful. Pompeii was frozen in time, so we had an excellent opportunity to see how an ancient roman city was. Our guides were really good, during the trip and at Pompeii.
This tour is incredible with and EXCELLENT tour guide!!! It takes you to Pompeii with an awesome private tour of the best parts of the ruins, with the guide there incredible and knowledgable. The drive and subsequent stops along the Amalfi Coast are beautiful - even in winter!! Highly recommended
Excellent tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast was excellent. The time of year was a little disadvantage but I would not hesitate to book the tour at all. Most do.
Excellent tour and driver was very knowledgeable and helpful. His knowledge of Pompeii coupled with our guide in the ruins gave us a view which would not have been possible if we were on our own. The Amalfi coast portion of the tour was very interesting and, again, our driver was able to satisfy all our quieries and steer us to the right restauants and shops. Worth both the time and cost of the tour
Really enjoyed this trip, it covers a lot in one day. I think I would have liked another 30-60 mins at Pompeii and just drive through Amalfi rather than stopping for an hour.
Tour was fabulous. Brando was an excellent tour guide, very knowledgeable and friendly, tour went without a glitch from the time we were picked up from the Westin Hotel to the time we were brought back. Tour guide in Pompeii was EXCELLENT - he brought the city to life for us - informative and very entertaining the man had charisma. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough. Warren and I enjoyed ourselves immensely and look forward to spending more time on the Amalfi Coast on our next visit to Rome.
Amanda and Warren Turner.
Great tour driver/guide, David was fun, knowledgeable and kept us all busy on the ride back and forth from Rome, as well as during the amazing ride down the beautiful A,alf Coast.
The tour of Pompeii was inspiring, and the tour guide for that was an expert in the history of the place and was passionate and committed to make the experience memorable and significant.
excellent tour and driver.
Wonderful tour and guide Ana. Long day, but so very worth it!