- Private walking tour of Baroque Rome and the Galleria Borghese
- Guided tour of the Galleria Borghese
- Guided tour of Santa Maria del Popolo
- Choice of morning or afternoon three-hour tours
- English-speaking guide specializing in art history
- Departs from the Borghese Gallery and concludes at Piazza del Popolo
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private art tour
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
After touring the gallery, you'll take a walk through the gardens to reach Piazza del Popolo. Here you'll tour the Church of Santa Maria del Popolo, with two of Caravaggio's most famous compositions. You'll be able to compare the order and harmony of Raphael's Renaissance Chigi Chapel with the emotional and sensual strength of Caravaggio's Baroque artworks.
This in-depth private tour of Rome's Baroque art and architecture is hosted by a professional guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
I had a private tour which, while pricey, was worth every penny to me. The guide was extremely knowledgable about art, history, and the classical and religious subjects of the art. He showed me differences in the artists' styles and techniques, and I learned a great deal about Carrivagio whose astounding works are on display at the Borghese. This was a highlight of my four days in Rome.
Isabella's tour was the highlight of our trip to Rome. She was so informed and inspired by the art; her love of the Gallery came through as she told us about the beautiful pieces. What an absolute delight. She is an absolute gem (and in fact, just finished a piece of fiction on one of the paintings)!