- 5-hour Lazio wine tour from Rome with a private guide
- Explore the Castelli Romani region, visiting two of its prettiest villages: Frascati and Grottaferrata
- Spend your afternoon at Santa Benedetta winery in the hamlet of Monte Porzio Catone
- Sample three exquisite Castelli Romani wines, alongside a selection of local delicacies
- Learn about Italian wines from your knowledgeable guide
First stop is Frascati, and after admiring its postcard-perfect views and learning about its famous white wine, continue to the village of Grottaferrata to explore with your guide. On a walk around the little village, admire the 15th-century Basilica Monastery of Santa Maria's exterior and soak up the laid-back ambiance around town.
Head on to the hamlet of Monte Porzio Catone, and visit Santa Benedetta – the oldest winery in Castelli Romani. On a tour of the rustic estate, hear how it was once a convent, and learn about the winemaking traditions that have been passed down by generations of the Benedetti family.
At this secluded little spot, sit down for your wine-tasting session, sampling three important Santa Benedetta wines – complexus, gigi and tre vecchie. Soak up the wine with a plate of local delicacies, including the winery’s extra virgin olive oil, pane di Lariano (an aromatic, crusty white bread), cheeses and cured meats.
After relaxing at the estate, enjoying the fine wine, food and great company, your guide will drive you back to your Rome hotel.