- Private walking tour of classical Rome's cultural highlights
- Guided tour of Piazza Navona, the sublime Pantheon and Palazzo Altemps
- Choice of morning or afternoon three-hour tours
- English-speaking guide specializing in art history
- Departs from Piazza Navona and concludes at Largo Argentina
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private art tour
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
What You Can Expect
Your tour is private, so the itinerary can be tailored to you. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history and culture) when you book so your guide can prepare.
Hear how the Piazza Navona stands on the site of the Stadium of Domitian, a sporting arena built by the Emperor Domitian in the 1st century AD.
Admire the elegant square with its open-air cafes, bars and magnificent fountains — a fusion that looks especially atmospheric in the evening.
Continue to the Palazzo Altemps, a delightful museum with a wonderful display of Roman sculptures, and discover the best of the classical statues as your guide shares their history.
Next, visit the nearby Pantheon, an intact temple dating back to the time of Hadrian in the 1st century and the burial place of Renaissance artist Raphael.
See the tomb and marvel at the temple’s dome, with its circular opening. If it rains during your visit you’ll find it an unforgettable experience! Continue to the Largo di Torre Argentina, a busy square with the excavated remains of several Roman temples. View the ruins and the steps where Julius Caesar is believed to have been assassinated in 44 BC.