- Private walking tour of Rome's ancient Roman highlights
- Private guided tour of the Colosseum
- Private guided tour of the Roman Forum
- Choice of morning, afternoon or evening three-hour tours
- English-speaking guide specializing in art history
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private art tour
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
Your personalized tour then proceeds up to the Capitoline Hill, restructured by Michelangelo and featuring a copy of the bronze equestrian statue of Emperor Marcus Aurelius, the emperor philosopher. From there you will have a wonderful view of Trajan's markets, the famous Trajan Column and his Imperial Forum.
This in-depth private tour of Imperial Rome is hosted by a professional guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Reviewed by Caroline B, April 2013
This was a very special walking tour for our group of 4 and a real highlight of our trip to Italy. Laura was an outstanding, knowledgeable and passionate guide. We would never have seen all of the highlights of Palantine Hill and the forum without her local knowledge and expertise and it's a tour that we will remember forever. We were also able to skip the huge line at the Colosseum which was a bonus. Overall I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who wants a tailored tour with a local expert. Definitely worth it.
Reviewed by Marina T, August 2012
Private tours are definitely the way to go -obviously more expensive but worth it!