Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group experience, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your host.
- 2.5-hour tasting session and meal in a gourmet enoteca in Rome, near Campo de' Fiori
- Meet the bar owner and learn about the Lazio area’s regional cuisine
- Sample up to six different red and white Lazio wines, and learn about their characteristics from the bar's sommelier
- Pair the wine with delights like fresh pasta, artisan bread, salmon and dessert
- Upgrade to enjoy cured meats, smoked fish and cheeses, too
- Small-group activity with a maximum of eight people ensures a more intimate experience
What You Can Expect
Sip on six different glasses of Lazio wine, and discover how their flavors are complemented by food. Italians rarely drink without eating, so follow the lead of your host and savor a typical Roman pasta dish (perhaps cannelloni or lasagne with vegetables in a white wine sauce) with chunks of artisan bread. A dessert wine called recioto di amarone della Valpolicella is then served along with a dessert of either chocolate pudding or fruit.
Whet your appetite for more? Upgrade to enjoy a further two courses! After the first course (as described above), you'll enjoy an inviting selection of six regional cheeses, six premium salamis and hams as well as a cold meat and smoked fish platter.
WONDERFUL!!! Massimo was great! He gave the perfect amount of teaching with the perfect amount of great wine and food. This was the perfect ending to our whole trip.
Great wines paired with fantastic food! Learnt a lot about Italian wine in such a short time.