Book by March 31, 2016 to save 10% compared to the local supplier's price!
- 3-hour Rome segway tour with an expert local guide and audio commentary
- See the sights of Ancient Rome, like the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus
- Stop for photos in front of the Colosseum and hear tales of its gruesome gladiator battles
- Visit the marble ‘face’ at the Church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin, and find out why it’s called the Mouth of Truth
- Admire sights of the city from Capitoline Hill
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention from your guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Italy 2012 147Photo by: Wayne S
- Hust one pic from our Rome ...Photo by: Adrian L
United Kingdom, 08 2010
- At the Colosseum in RomePhoto by: Kate D
USA, 07 2010
- Fun tripPhoto by: Mack M
USA, 07 2010
- us with our Segway Guide @ ...Photo by: Laura
USA, 11 2009
- Rome by Segway: 21st Century ...Photo by: Daniel D
USA, 10 2009
- Rome Segway TourPhoto by: Scott C
USA, 08 2009
- In front of the Circus MaximusPhoto by: Glenn L
USA, 08 2009
- The ForumPhoto by: Glenn L
USA, 08 2009
- Coliseum Made Easy with ...Photo by: Danina S
Australia, 08 2009
- Segway Rome TourPhoto by: Danina S
Australia, 08 2009
- A little breakPhoto by: Gerardina R
Netherlands, 05 2009
- The Circus and Palatine HillPhoto by: David M
USA, 07 2008
- First timer!!!Photo by: Amy M
- Marti the Segway BallerinaPhoto by: Elaine M
United Kingdom, 06 2015
- Rome SegwayPhoto by: Suzanne H
- Segway tourPhoto by: Karl K
- Kissing on a SegwayPhoto by: Rex G
- Segway TourPhoto by: Lee
- Big Mamma G.Photo by: Michael A
What You Can Expect
Head toward Capitoline Hill to visit the archaeological ruins of the Roman Forum, home to landmarks like the Arch of Constantine and Trajan’s Column. Listen to a bit of history about Ancient Rome from your audio commentary as you glide around the edge of the forum, and then pass by Palentine Hill on your way to Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held.
Continue to the Colosseum for a photo op of this legendary amphitheatre where gruesome gladiator battles once took place, which you’ll hear about via your audio guide. Then weave your way over to the Church of Santa Maria to check out Bocca della Verità, the Mouth of Truth, a carved piece of marble made famous in the Audrey Hepburn movie Roman Holiday. Legend says, if you put your mouth into the sculpture and tell a lie, your hand will be bitten off.
End your tour by making your way back to the starting point, stopping for a photo op at a scenic vantage point along the way.
Its a fun and informative way of seeing some of the attractions minus the walking. Its so much fun and I loved the way our tour guide Martina made the group feel involved and made us laugh!
I would definitely recommend, you will not be disappointed. When we visit Rome again we are going to book the night time tour. Well worth the money and also was one of the high lights of our weekend.
You can see a lot in only a few hours.
Amazing Tour! Made our Honeymoon and first time in Rome even better! Alessia was very knowledgeable on the history of the sites we toured, and was full of energy and enthusiasm! Highly recommended! Would definitely do the Segway tours of Venice and Florence if i ever found myself in that area! A
This is the best tour to start with Rome. Though I and #39;d like to share one small problem with VIATOR, is the location of the shop is not clear enough and #34;Departure Point: Central Rome, near Piazza Venezia and #34; this is not enough to locate the shop. I suggest mark in map, share coordinates, or exact address.
Cover twice the distance in 1/2 the time with a wonderful guide in your ear explaining the history and the theory of building and construction in Rome. Took five minutes for a first timer to learn. We will be doing segway tours every chance we get.
Awesome! We really enjoyed the segway tour. Our guide was both professional and very knowledgeable !
Best thing we did in Rome. The tour guide was terrific and the route was superb. I'd never been to Aventino Hill and that was the highlight. The views are spectacular.
This tour was amazing. Renato was a fantastic tour guide, and we saw so many of Rome's highlights. The segways were easy to use and the view....amazing! Would definitely recommend this tour if you haven't got long in Rome!
We arranged our Segway tour months in advance for the first full day we were in Rome so we could get an overview of the location of the sites for visiting later during our stay. It was a good plan, except we over slept and were actually wakened by a call from Viator wanting to know if we were going to make the tour. Of course it was too late. We asked if we could re-book and were told that no promises, but they would try. We figured this was going to be a total bust because of our screw up and basically wrote it off as a costly mistake. However, we received another call the following day and were able to re-book the tour. It was so worth it! Our guide Alexandra, could not have been better, she was helpful and informative. The Segway took only about ten minutes to master and we felt confident weaving in and out of the crowd and crossing traffic. Alexandra kept a watchful eye on all of us and did not let anyone get into trouble. We saw more in the 3 hours than we could have ever hoped for by walking. Thank You Viator for running a professional business and continually following-up with us. And Thank You Alexandra for a fun and informative tour along with some fantastic lunch suggestions. Definitely would recommend this tour and company!
Definitely a fun and unique way to get around the streets of Rome to see some of the poignant spots... Tour guide Maty was fun,informative, and patient!!!
$85.72 Save $8.57