This small-group tour is limited to eight people, ensuring you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- 3-hour Rome segway tour with an expert local guide and audio commentary
- See the sights of Ancient Rome, like the Roman Forum and Circus Maximus
- Stop for photos in front of the Colosseum and hear tales of its gruesome gladiator battles
- Visit the marble ‘face’ at the Church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin, and find out why it’s called the Mouth of Truth
- Admire sights of the city from Capitoline Hill
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention from your guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Italy 2012 147Photo by: Wayne S
- Hust one pic from our Rome ...Photo by: Adrian L
United Kingdom, 08 2010
- At the Colosseum in RomePhoto by: Kate D
USA, 07 2010
- Fun tripPhoto by: Mack M
USA, 07 2010
- us with our Segway Guide @ ...Photo by: Laura
USA, 11 2009
- Rome by Segway: 21st Century ...Photo by: Daniel D
USA, 10 2009
- Rome Segway TourPhoto by: Scott C
USA, 08 2009
- In front of the Circus MaximusPhoto by: Glenn L
USA, 08 2009
- The ForumPhoto by: Glenn L
USA, 08 2009
- Coliseum Made Easy with ...Photo by: Danina S
Australia, 08 2009
- Segway Rome TourPhoto by: Danina S
Australia, 08 2009
- A little breakPhoto by: Gerardina R
Netherlands, 05 2009
- The Circus and Palatine HillPhoto by: David M
USA, 07 2008
- First timer!!!Photo by: Amy M
- Marti the Segway BallerinaPhoto by: Elaine M
United Kingdom, 06 2015
- Rome SegwayPhoto by: Suzanne H
- Segway tourPhoto by: Karl K
- Kissing on a SegwayPhoto by: Rex G
- Segway TourPhoto by: Lee
- Big Mamma G.Photo by: Michael A
What You Can Expect
Glide toward the area known as Capitoline Hill, and as you approach it you’ll be met with the jaw-dropping sights of Ancient Rome. Once the home of richly elaborate temples, shops, markets and government buildings, the area is now a fascinating archeological site peppered with 2,000-year-old world-famous ruins.
Head right up to it and weave around the outskirts of the Roman Forum, seeing grandiose monuments like the Arch of Constantine and Trajan’s Column. Hear the history of the site in its heyday from your audio commentary, learning about its status as the administrative center of Rome.
Pass Palentine Hill and stop for a look at Circus Maximus, the vast stretch of flat land where chariot races were once held to entertain up to 250,000 locals. Continue to the Colosseum, Rome’s iconic monument on the east side of Ancient Rome, and stop for photos while listening to commentary about the gory, yet glorified, gladiator battles that once took place inside.
After weaving through the crowds outside the ruins, take back to the streets and head to the Church of Santa Maria to see the Mouth of Truth – an intriguing marble slab. Featured in the hit 1950’s movie Roman Holiday, the ancient manhole cover is said to be a lie detector.
As you wind your way back toward the center of Rome, stop at a scenic vantage point to enjoy picture-perfect views over the city. Your tour then finishes back at the start point.
Best thing we did in Rome. The tour guide was terrific and the route was superb. I'd never been to Aventino Hill and that was the highlight. The views are spectacular.
This tour was amazing. Renato was a fantastic tour guide, and we saw so many of Rome's highlights. The segways were easy to use and the view....amazing! Would definitely recommend this tour if you haven't got long in Rome!
We arranged our Segway tour months in advance for the first full day we were in Rome so we could get an overview of the location of the sites for visiting later during our stay. It was a good plan, except we over slept and were actually wakened by a call from Viator wanting to know if we were going to make the tour. Of course it was too late. We asked if we could re-book and were told that no promises, but they would try. We figured this was going to be a total bust because of our screw up and basically wrote it off as a costly mistake. However, we received another call the following day and were able to re-book the tour. It was so worth it! Our guide Alexandra, could not have been better, she was helpful and informative. The Segway took only about ten minutes to master and we felt confident weaving in and out of the crowd and crossing traffic. Alexandra kept a watchful eye on all of us and did not let anyone get into trouble. We saw more in the 3 hours than we could have ever hoped for by walking. Thank You Viator for running a professional business and continually following-up with us. And Thank You Alexandra for a fun and informative tour along with some fantastic lunch suggestions. Definitely would recommend this tour and company!
Definitely a fun and unique way to get around the streets of Rome to see some of the poignant spots... Tour guide Maty was fun,informative, and patient!!!
perfect way to see key aspects of this city. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Was on my own when I did this so was a great social way to see the city and meet interesting people.
Will be back....
We got lost trying to find the meeting place, so we were close to an hour late. Fortunately, the group before us wasn't full, so instead of sending two guides, they sent one. When we finally arrived, the guide was waiting for us and took us out for our own private tour. It was incredible.
The best guiding tour ever!!
Great tour - and Fabio was fantastic!
By far the best way to tour the ancient part of Rome...great vantage position and being able to cover all that distance comfortably. They are easy to learn and then it's easy to get around safely...
We did several tours and this rated 1. Matt was terrific