- Combine two best-selling Rome tours for a discounted price
- Explore Ancient Rome in the morning with your expert guide and see the Arch of Constantine, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the famous Colosseum and learn about its brutal past
- Spend two hours at your leisure exploring, shopping or relaxing over lunch (own expense)
- Take an afternoon walking tour and pass top Rome attractions including Piazza del Popolo, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps and more
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 25 people provides an intimate experience
- Enjoy a home-made Italian gelato in summer or a cappuccino or hot chocolate in winter
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You see all the highlights of Rome and save money with this combo. It's a comprehensive tour with a fabulous guide that's great for first-time visitors. Bring your camera!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Day Tour Best of Rome - March ...Photo by: Al
- Have a great timePhoto by: charles l
- ColosseumPhoto by: Keith O
- PantheonPhoto by: Jeff W
- Colosseum floorPhoto by: Jeff W
- ColosseumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon C
- Inside the ColosseumPhoto by: Bharathi K
- ColosseumPhoto by: Randy W
- Looking back over what we sawPhoto by: Lucas
- Ancient RomePhoto by: Lucas
- Inside the Colloseum - ...Photo by: Lucas
- The PantheonPhoto by: Lucas
- Piazza NavonaPhoto by: Lucas
- It just doesnt get any better ...Photo by: Lisa M
- The walking tour around the ...Photo by: Lisa M
- GIGI and WhitneyPhoto by: Lisa M
- ColloseumPhoto by: VENKAT GIRIDHAR V
What You Can Expect
Your day of sightseeing starts near the Colosseum, where you’ll meet your guide and take a walk up Oppian Hill for a view of the amphitheater, perhaps Rome’s most iconic symbol. Then walk back down and enter the Colosseum with your skip-the-line ticket, allowing you to jump the main entrance queue and go straight inside. Explore the first two levels of the arena, listening to brutal stories about the gladiator battles and other bloody events that once took place here.
Exiting the Colosseum, walk over to the Roman Forum, stopping by the Arch of Constantine on the way. Then walk up Palatine Hill for more views of the ruins before your 3-hour tour ends on Via Sacra, the street that connects Capitoline Hill to the Colosseum.
At this point, you have about two hours of free time to get some lunch and explore on your own before the second part of your Super Saver begins (lunch is at your own expense).
Best of Rome Walking Tour
In the afternoon, your 3-hour walking tour starts at Piazza di Spagna, where you’ll meet your guide and set off around Rome’s historical center. Admire the famous Spanish Steps, which lead up to the Trinita dei Monti church, and then walk to the Trevi Fountain, perhaps Rome’s most famous fountain, known for its legend that states if you throw a coin in the water, you will return to Rome someday.
Continue to the square that ancient Romans considered to be the center of the city, Piazza Colonna, and then visit the stately Pantheon. Walk through lively Piazza Navona, where street artists show off their talents and visitors mingle around the baroque fountains, before ending your tour at another popular square, Campo de’ Fiori.
My mother and I loved this tour. It was very easy to find the meetup location for the tour. I was originally concerned about that so I forced my mother to leave the hotel much earlier then needed. Claudia was our tour guide and she was amazing. What a wealth of information! I would never have thought that our guide would be not only an archaeologist but also have a PhD in Ancient Rome. Holy smokes! I definitely left this tour happy with my choice! I would do it again!
We were very pleased with our tour. Both guides were interesting, knowledgeable and entertaining. The audio headsets were great.
Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes or you will regret it as there is a lot of walking.
We learned so much and fell in love with Rome!
I and #39;m am so pleased we took the tour as doing it by yourself unless you know alot about history. You would miss out on so much information. Our tour guide Alexandra.was amazing...she created a mental picture in your mind. Wonderful!!!
We had El Torrido for our morning col. tour I kind of forgot what his name was as our guide and he was amazingly awesome. Absolutely humorous, walked at a speed that was fast enough for most but slow enough for us to take photos at, was well detailed when introducing the col. and the roman forum and palatine hill
This tour was amazing!
Very knowledgeable and interesting guides. Giakomo for the morning tour of imperial Rome and Vasco for the Rome piazzas tour in the afternoon.
Sara the archeologist, was truely amazing. She was so informative and keep us well informed on every little detail. Very impressed with what we heard.
This tour was amazing!
Amazing!! Met all my expectations.
The skip-the-line tour of the colesseum led by Sarafina was fascinating. We saved hours by skipping the line and heading directly inside, and Sarafina had in-depth knowledge of how the building was constructed and used over time. She made history come alive for us. The headphones allowed us to hear everything she had to say. She was engaging and knowledgeable and interesting, and was able to answer our questions. She also took us to The Forum and Palatine Hill, and had insight into those ruins as well. She made suggestions about other things to see in the area after the tour. The afternoon tour led by Stella was also wonderful, and we toured the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and other saw beautiful works of art, architecture, and capped off the day with gelatto in a beautiful piazza. There was a nice break in between the two tours, with time to rest and have lunch, so while it was a full day of touring, it was an amazing day filled with beauty and fascinating history. We would highly recommend this tour! It was well worth the money to learn about the wonders we were seeing, rather than trying to do it on our own.