- Combine two best-selling Rome tours for a discounted price
- Explore Ancient Rome in the morning with your expert guide and see the Arch of Constantine, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the famous Colosseum and learn about its brutal past
- Spend two hours at your leisure exploring, shopping or relaxing over lunch (own expense)
- Take an afternoon walking tour and pass top Rome attractions including Piazza del Popolo, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps and more
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 25 people provides an intimate experience
- Enjoy a home-made Italian gelato in summer or a cappuccino or hot chocolate in winter
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You see all the highlights of Rome and save money with this combo. It's a comprehensive tour with a fabulous guide that's great for first-time visitors. Bring your camera!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Day Tour Best of Rome - March ...Photo by: Al
- Have a great timePhoto by: charles l
- ColosseumPhoto by: Keith O
- PantheonPhoto by: Jeff W
- Colosseum floorPhoto by: Jeff W
- ColosseumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon C
- Inside the ColosseumPhoto by: Bharathi K
- ColosseumPhoto by: Randy W
- Looking back over what we sawPhoto by: Lucas
- Ancient RomePhoto by: Lucas
- Inside the Colloseum - ...Photo by: Lucas
- The PantheonPhoto by: Lucas
- Piazza NavonaPhoto by: Lucas
- It just doesnt get any better ...Photo by: Lisa M
- The walking tour around the ...Photo by: Lisa M
- GIGI and WhitneyPhoto by: Lisa M
- ColloseumPhoto by: VENKAT GIRIDHAR V
What You Can Expect
Your day of sightseeing starts near the Colosseum, where you’ll meet your guide and take a walk up Oppian Hill for a view of the amphitheater, perhaps Rome’s most iconic symbol. Then walk back down and enter the Colosseum with your skip-the-line ticket, allowing you to jump the main entrance queue and go straight inside. Explore the first two levels of the arena, listening to brutal stories about the gladiator battles and other bloody events that once took place here.
Exiting the Colosseum, walk over to the Roman Forum, stopping by the Arch of Constantine on the way. Then walk up Palatine Hill for more views of the ruins before your 3-hour tour ends on Via Sacra, the street that connects Capitoline Hill to the Colosseum.
At this point, you have about two hours of free time to get some lunch and explore on your own before the second part of your Super Saver begins (lunch is at your own expense).
Best of Rome Walking Tour
In the afternoon, your 3-hour walking tour starts at Piazza di Spagna, where you’ll meet your guide and set off around Rome’s historical center. Admire the famous Spanish Steps, which lead up to the Trinita dei Monti church, and then walk to the Trevi Fountain, perhaps Rome’s most famous fountain, known for its legend that states if you throw a coin in the water, you will return to Rome someday.
Continue to the square that ancient Romans considered to be the center of the city, Piazza Colonna, and then visit the stately Pantheon. Walk through lively Piazza Navona, where street artists show off their talents and visitors mingle around the baroque fountains, before ending your tour at another popular square, Campo de’ Fiori.
The tour was fantastic. Fabio was very, very knowledgeable and excited to teach us about the history of the Colosseum. I absolutely loved the tour and would recommend it to everyone.
We thought this tour was great. Our guide was informative and taught really well. Fascinating to find out more about ancient Rome and what it was like and to understand what we were looking at. Would recommend.
Had a great time with Titi, very interesting and informative.
Absolutely LOVED JOSEPH and CATALINA our tour guides!! They are so passionate about the history and their jobs. You really feel it in this tour. Yes there is a lot to see and lots of walking but overall it was a great tour to recommend to everyone going to Rome!!
simply must see
Tour guide was excellent for the Colosseum! Enjoyed every minute. The headset is a great way to hear and not have to be very close. Afternoon tour was great as well, both very informative.
tour guide was great and very knowable
Just wonderfull, both tours, specially the morning one and most specially Chiara, the tour guide, an appasionate, full of culture and simpathy young lady. Very highly recommended tour!!!
Great tour, all the best of ancient Rome, and some stuff you may think is ancient, but is only less then 200 years old.
Marquite, I can't remember her exact name but she was EXCELLENT! She had a vibrant and happy personality and made us laugh and enjoy ourselves. She greeted each of us individually and always made sure she had everyone's attention. She gave us interesting facts and pointed out places inside that we would have not otherwise known their significance. She made sure when we took breaks, it was beneath trees and had ample time to refill our water bottles. This tour involved a lot of walking, so not best for those who are weak or are heat intolerant. Otherwise it was a blast, just be prepared to come home dusty and exhausted but very happy. I will do this tour again when I return with my friends.