Save up to 10% on these popular tours by booking them together in this exclusive combo package!
Numbers are limited to 25 people on this Super Saver tour, ensuring you'll see the best of Rome in a small-group atmosphere. Even better, enjoy up to 10% discount, depending on the option chosen, when you buy these combined tours.
- Combine two best-selling Rome tours for a discounted price
- Explore Ancient Rome in the morning with your expert guide and see the Arch of Constantine, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the famous Colosseum and learn about its brutal past
- Spend two hours at your leisure exploring, shopping or relaxing over lunch (own expense)
- Take an afternoon walking tour and pass top Rome attractions including Piazza del Popolo, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps and more
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 25 people provides an intimate experience
- Enjoy a home-made Italian gelato in summer or a cappuccino or hot chocolate in winter
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You see all the highlights of Rome and save money with this combo. It's a comprehensive tour with a fabulous guide that's great for first-time visitors. Bring your camera!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- ColosseumPhoto by: Keith O
- PantheonPhoto by: Jeff W
- Colosseum floorPhoto by: Jeff W
- ColosseumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon C
- Inside the ColosseumPhoto by: Bharathi K
- ColosseumPhoto by: Randy W
- Looking back over what we sawPhoto by: Lucas
- Ancient RomePhoto by: Lucas
- Inside the Colloseum - ...Photo by: Lucas
- The PantheonPhoto by: Lucas
- Piazza NavonaPhoto by: Lucas
- It just doesnt get any better ...Photo by: Lisa M
- The walking tour around the ...Photo by: Lisa M
- GIGI and WhitneyPhoto by: Lisa M
- ColloseumPhoto by: VENKAT GIRIDHAR V
- Gardens at the VaticanPhoto by: Harold W
- CollosseumPhoto by: Harold W
What You Can Expect
Perfect for first-time visitors, this 3-hour, small-group morning tour starts with a gentle stroll up the Oppian Hill to enjoy unforgettable views of the Colosseum -- Ancient Rome's most iconic landmark. After heading back down, skip the long entrance lines of the Colosseum and enjoy priority access to explore this famous attraction with your expert guide. As you walk around the fascinating ground and first floors, hear stories from your guide about the amphitheater's intriguingly brutal past filled with bloodthirsty gladiators.
After leaving the Colosseum, head into Ancient Rome to see the Arch of Constantine before walking through the Roman Forum and up Palatine Hill. Your tour ends on Via Sacra, the main street that links the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill. Enjoy roughly two hours at your leisure. Explore the impressive ruins or have lunch at any of the several nearby restaurants (own expense) before your afternoon tour.
Best of Rome Walking Tour:
After rejoining your small group and guide at Piazza del Popolo (or Piazza di Spagna from March 4, 2013 onwards), set off at a leisurely pace with your guide on a 3-hour walking tour. Heading to Rome's center, pass the beautiful Santa Maria del Popolo Church and hear interesting tales and legends such as how the hated Emperor Nero was buried near this church. Continue to the Spanish Steps that lead elegantly down from the church of Trinita dei Monti before taking a break by the majestic Trevi Fountain.
Continue with a stroll through Piazza Colonna, a stylish square considered by the ancient Romans as the center of the city. Then, enjoy a fantastic photo opportunity at the world-famous Pantheon, a unique historic temple with sleek marble columns. Follow your guide through bustling Piazza Navona, typified by its ornate fountains, Baroque architecture and lively sidewalk cafés. Lastly, visit Campo de Fiori, a more traditional square, where your tour ends.
Our tour guide was exceptional. Very thorough insights and explanations on the sites. She even helped us by escorting us to the bus stop on our way home!
The tour guides were on time and very well informed about the history and background on both tours. We really enjoyed this tour.
Fantastic tour! Our guide, Sarah N. was amazing. She has a PhD. in Roman archaeology and boy does she know her stuff! We were in a large group, and she did well managing the crowd and keeping us all together. She answered all of our questions with ease and gave us great insights about all the history, drama and scandal of the Roman empire. I would do this again a thousand times over!
We actually did both the morning and afternoon walking tour and it was almost too much to do in one day. I would certainly do one each day then spend time just wandering through the city. Both of our guides were very knowledgable and were very helpful in providing information regarding questions and concerns. My only issue was the end of the afternoon/evening tour was so far away from our hotel that we ended up having to take a cab back instead of using the metro or cheaper transport. Be sure to do your homework regarding accomodations!!!
This was a great tour with a knowledgeable guide who brought things to life. There are some steep uneven steps to climb at times so if you are unsteady on your feet this might not be suitable for you.
An unforgettable experience! We had a fabulous guide and I am so sorry I can't remember her name - she made our tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum 'come alive' with her knowledge and enthusiasm. I can't recommend this tour highly enough. In the afternoon we went on the 'Best of Rome Walking Tour' and it does just what it says - again, our guide was friendly/informative and it was a really 'fun' afternoon. Well Done Viator!
Great way to see the highlights of Rome in a condensed amount of time. Our two guides morning and afternoon were wonderful. Not only did they know their subject, but they were very personable. If doing both tours, I strongly recommend you wear good walking shoes and take advantage of the break in between by sitting in a cafe for a leisurely meal.
Fantastic! I would go again and again!
Excellent tour and great guides
$98.30 Save $15.12