Save up to 10% on these popular tours by booking them together in this exclusive combo package!
- Combine two best-selling Rome tours for a discounted price
- Explore Ancient Rome in the morning with your expert guide and see the Arch of Constantine, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the famous Colosseum and learn about its brutal past
- Spend two hours at your leisure exploring, shopping or relaxing over lunch (own expense)
- Take an afternoon walking tour and pass top Rome attractions including Piazza del Popolo, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps and more
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 25 people provides an intimate experience
- Enjoy a home-made Italian gelato in summer or a cappuccino or hot chocolate in winter
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You see all the highlights of Rome and save money with this combo. It's a comprehensive tour with a fabulous guide that's great for first-time visitors. Bring your camera!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Day Tour Best of Rome - March ...Photo by: Al
- Have a great timePhoto by: charles l
- ColosseumPhoto by: Keith O
- PantheonPhoto by: Jeff W
- Colosseum floorPhoto by: Jeff W
- ColosseumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- Romen ForumPhoto by: Esam K
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Sharon C
- Inside the ColosseumPhoto by: Bharathi K
- ColosseumPhoto by: Randy W
- Looking back over what we sawPhoto by: Lucas
- Ancient RomePhoto by: Lucas
- Inside the Colloseum - ...Photo by: Lucas
- The PantheonPhoto by: Lucas
- Piazza NavonaPhoto by: Lucas
- It just doesnt get any better ...Photo by: Lisa M
- The walking tour around the ...Photo by: Lisa M
- GIGI and WhitneyPhoto by: Lisa M
- ColloseumPhoto by: VENKAT GIRIDHAR V
What You Can Expect
Your day of sightseeing starts near the Colosseum, where you’ll meet your guide and take a walk up Oppian Hill for a view of the amphitheater, perhaps Rome’s most iconic symbol. Then walk back down and enter the Colosseum with your skip-the-line ticket, allowing you to jump the main entrance queue and go straight inside. Explore the first two levels of the arena, listening to brutal stories about the gladiator battles and other bloody events that once took place here.
Exiting the Colosseum, walk over to the Roman Forum, stopping by the Arch of Constantine on the way. Then walk up Palatine Hill for more views of the ruins before your 3-hour tour ends on Via Sacra, the street that connects Capitoline Hill to the Colosseum.
At this point, you have about two hours of free time to get some lunch and explore on your own before the second part of your Super Saver begins (lunch is at your own expense).
Best of Rome Walking Tour
In the afternoon, your 3-hour walking tour starts at Piazza di Spagna, where you’ll meet your guide and set off around Rome’s historical center. Admire the famous Spanish Steps, which lead up to the Trinita dei Monti church, and then walk to the Trevi Fountain, perhaps Rome’s most famous fountain, known for its legend that states if you throw a coin in the water, you will return to Rome someday.
Continue to the square that ancient Romans considered to be the center of the city, Piazza Colonna, and then visit the stately Pantheon. Walk through lively Piazza Navona, where street artists show off their talents and visitors mingle around the baroque fountains, before ending your tour at another popular square, Campo de’ Fiori.
Claudia was interesting and helpful. She spoke English very will and was easy to understand
This is a must do for Rome first timers! There are so many historical sites in the city that this becomes a convenient way to narrow it down to the key ones. Vasco and the Canadian girl were good! Although as a combo tour it could get exhausting. Too bad the Spanish Steps and Pantheon were closed
This is another long day of walking and mingling with the crowds. Our guide at the Colosseum was very knowledgeable and perhaps the nicest Roman in Rome. I would book a tour with him anytime. While this is a must see tour while you are in Rome be prepared for crowds around this popular site. The afternoon walk through Ancient Rome was perfect. If possible, plan on having dinner, coffee and a glass of wine then reverse the course on your own back to the Trevi Fountain for the evening lights.
This tour is must when in Rome! Very informative and interesting.
Vinay N Australia
Excellent tour. Highly recommended. Tour guide was very informative, interesting and friendly. Learned a lot more that if we had toured the sites by ourselves. Skip the lines are a must. Saved potentially hours of waiting in lines.
A very enjoyable day with the two guides Sarah and Alba. Both passionate about Rome and its treasures!
The tour was very well done and Gianni of City Tours was wonderful. She made the tour come alive with very interesting history and background information.
One of the best tours booked via Viator. Amazing tour guide. Well worth the price!
Anthony D Australia
This Tour was excellent. Intially I was concerned it could be too long a day however that proved not to be the case. You got a good 2 hours in between each Tour so you can relax enjoy lunch and a drink before embarking on a second tour. Also because there is not a lot of walking in the Coloseum tour you have energy for the second afternoon. The pleasant and expert knowledge of the 2 Tour Guides - Julia for the Colosseum and Sara for the Rome Afternoon Walking Tour added immensely to the experience. They both seemed genuinely interested in the subject matter of the Tours and definitely had a deep knowledge of the subject matter they were talking about. They both should be commended.
What an amazing day! Both guides were excellent! However be adequately prepared for a lot of walking. My daughters pedometer calculated we had effectively covered 10 miles that dayincluding walking from our apartment to the Colosseum, about 2 miles. Heed the advice, wear good, supportive shoes, regardless of the weather! My head is still buzzing from all the information we were given. Our guide for Ancient Rome, had a PhD in Archaeology...he certainly knew his stuff...but put it over in a way that was easy to understand!
$107.22 Save $17.48