- Skip the line outside the Colosseum with your priority-entrance ticket
- Learn all about the gladiators and the emperors who decided their fates
- Walk around the first and second tiers of the Colosseum, hearing its history from your guide
- Explore the Roman Forum, seeing the House of the Vestal Virgins and walking along Via Sacre
- Upgrade and gain access the Colosseum’s arena floor, underground chambers and third tier
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This skip-the-line tour is perfect for first-time visitors to Rome! I recommend the upgrade for a more personal experience and access to areas of the Colosseum most visitors don't see.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Colosseum TourPhoto by: Jeff
Australia, 07 2013
- At the Colosseum in RomePhoto by: Andrew G
- P1070916Photo by: pooley
- On top of Capitoline HillPhoto by: John V
United States of America, 06 2012
- DSC_0787Photo by: Paul L
USA, 01 2012
- Ancient Rome: the Colosseum.Photo by: susan S
- DSC06069Photo by: Charlene T
- IMG_1809_cropPhoto by: Kimberly W
- walking fro forum to coliseoPhoto by: Anonymous
- AlexPhoto by: Alex Argueta
USA, 12 2009
- ArenaPhoto by: Ray O
United Kingdom, 12 2009
- ColosseumPhoto by: Lindsay L
Canada, 08 2009
- Small TemplePhoto by: WILLIAM B
United Kingdom, 10 2008
- The ForumPhoto by: WILLIAM B
United Kingdom, 10 2008
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Michael B
USA, 08 2008
- Our Colosseum experience!Photo by: David F
Bermuda, 07 2008
- Amazing tour of the Colosseum!Photo by: Matt
- Découverte du ...Photo by: l.benoist1
- Au coliséePhoto by: claude r
- forum romainPhoto by: Michel P
What You Can Expect
Next, exit the Colosseum and walk over to the Roman Forum, once the political heart of the city. Get an up-close view of ancient remains like the House of the Vestal Virgins and the Temple of Julius Caesar, and then walk up Palatine Hill for another perspective of the ruins, including Circus Maximus, where chariot races once took place. Your tour ends here, from where you can continue exploring on your own.
Optional upgrade to the Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour: Underground Chambers, Arena and Upper Tier (3.5 hours)
For a more thorough exploration of the Colosseum, select the upgrade option when booking for a tour that includes access to the third tier, the arena floor and the underground chambers—sections of the Colosseum that are either newly opened or typically closed to the general public. You’ll see more than most visitors do.
Walk around the reconstructed floor of the arena, where the gladiators once dueled in bloody battles, and look down through the gaps into the underground chambers. Then make your way below ground to explore the chambers themselves, checking out pits where wild animals like tigers and lions were held, before heading up to the third tier for a panoramic view into the Colosseum and out to Palatine Hill. Your tour ends with a visit to the Roman Forum, as described in the standard tour.
Fabulous tour and amazing guide!
What an amazing experience - especially recommended the add on tour with regards to the underground - Elena our tour guide was great!
Our guide was amazing and so knowledgeable! I absolutely would recommend this tour. Be ready to walk!
Very good walking tour... more than 3 hours and no or minimal waiting at any line. Knowledgeable guide with interesting stories
The guide was really nice and answered all our questions
All round excellent tour with knowledgeable guide
Tour guide was exceptionally knowledgeable and kept the perfect pace for the entire morning. The Colosseum was amazing, as expected. But the Palatine was unexpectedly large and contained many more interesting and photogenic artifacts than expected. Highly recommended.
I can't say enough good things about our tour guide and this tour. Definitely do the upgrade to go to the underground and top level of the colosseum. I loved the tour and the great learning about this massive wonder of the world. Don't pass this one up at all.
Laura G was a wonderful guide!
Special thanks to Sven ? our guide