- Skip the line outside the Colosseum with your priority-entrance ticket
- Learn all about the gladiators and the emperors who decided their fates
- Walk around the first and second tiers of the Colosseum, hearing its history from your guide
- Explore the Roman Forum, seeing the House of the Vestal Virgins and walking along Via Sacre
- Upgrade and gain access the Colosseum’s arena floor, underground chambers and third tier
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This skip-the-line tour is perfect for first-time visitors to Rome! I recommend the upgrade for a more personal experience and access to areas of the Colosseum most visitors don't see.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Colosseum TourPhoto by: Jeff
Australia, 07 2013
- At the Colosseum in RomePhoto by: Andrew G
- P1070916Photo by: pooley
- On top of Capitoline HillPhoto by: John V
United States of America, 06 2012
- DSC_0787Photo by: Paul L
USA, 01 2012
- Ancient Rome: the Colosseum.Photo by: susan S
- DSC06069Photo by: Charlene T
- IMG_1809_cropPhoto by: Kimberly W
- walking fro forum to coliseoPhoto by: Anonymous
- AlexPhoto by: Alex Argueta
USA, 12 2009
- ArenaPhoto by: Ray O
United Kingdom, 12 2009
- ColosseumPhoto by: Lindsay L
Canada, 08 2009
- Small TemplePhoto by: WILLIAM B
United Kingdom, 10 2008
- The ForumPhoto by: WILLIAM B
United Kingdom, 10 2008
- The ColosseumPhoto by: Michael B
USA, 08 2008
- Our Colosseum experience!Photo by: David F
Bermuda, 07 2008
- Colosseum TourPhoto by: Caleb B
- TourPhoto by: Linda A
- First view of the ColosseumPhoto by: Katherine F
- Our wonderful tour guide MauraPhoto by: rasbury1
What You Can Expect
Next, exit the Colosseum and walk over to the Roman Forum, once the political heart of the city. Get an up-close view of ancient remains like the House of the Vestal Virgins and the Temple of Julius Caesar, and then walk up Palatine Hill for another perspective of the ruins, including Circus Maximus, where chariot races once took place. Your tour ends here, from where you can continue exploring on your own.
Optional upgrade to the Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour: Underground Chambers, Arena and Upper Tier (3.5 hours)
For a more thorough exploration of the Colosseum, select the upgrade option when booking for a tour that includes access to the third tier, the arena floor and the underground chambers—sections of the Colosseum that are either newly opened or typically closed to the general public. You’ll see more than most visitors do.
Walk around the reconstructed floor of the arena, where the gladiators once dueled in bloody battles, and look down through the gaps into the underground chambers. Then make your way below ground to explore the chambers themselves, checking out pits where wild animals like tigers and lions were held, before heading up to the third tier for a panoramic view into the Colosseum and out to Palatine Hill. Your tour ends with a visit to the Roman Forum, as described in the standard tour.
Our guide was amazing! So fun, friendly and full of information. Everyone on our tour enjoyed her very much. She even gave us an amazing lunch recommendation at the conclusion of our tour that my wife and I enjoyed very much. A
Our tour guide used to be part of the restoration of the building which made it more special to hear additional comments. The stories of gladiators and history was amazing. I would suggest to ask for a guide who used to be part of the restoration because he knows his stuff. He is napoleon from my memory. Hope this helps.
The tour was fantastic! It was easy to find the meeting point and I was greeted by a very friendly person. Our guide Emma was lovely, very knowledgable and even though I was travelling on my own I never felt like it with her warm and friendly manner. Would absolutely recommend this tour!
Very well organised and easy to find meeting point with your instructions.
The groups were split quickly and given the radios that were new and clean.
The lady Maria we had informing us about the tour was polite, efficient and very knowledgeable.
She allowed us to ask questions and really enjoyed what she was doing.
Excellent value for money.
Highly recommend to everybody.
Fascinating...going on the tour is well worth it!
Great guide and a must do activity for Rome.
The Colosseum is a must see tour our tour guide was informative and it was money well spent.
The tour was fantastic and our guide Reenie (I believe- female blond hair) was great. ☝
Our tour guide was fantastic!!!! She gave us so much information and made the ruins come alive from her description and passion for the topic. Wonderful tour!