- Private morning walking tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Skip the entrance line to the Colosseum and Palatine Hill
- English-speaking guide specializing in art history
- Headsets so you can hear your guide clearly
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private art tour
- Departs from the Colosseo metro stop and concludes at the Roman Forum
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Once inside the Colosseum, you will hear about the amphitheater's bloody past as you listen to tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions. After a brief rest at the Arch of Constantine, you will arrive at the Palatine Hill, the most famous of the seven hills of Rome. From here you can admire the magnificent views of the Roman Forum and Nero's Circus Maximus where chariot races were held.
The last stop on your private walking tour is a stroll along the Via Sacra or 'Sacred Way', the main path through the Roman Forum that was used for triumphal processions.
This in-depth private tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum is hosted by an English-speaking guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
We LOVED our tour. Our guide was very personality, extremely knowledgable, and seemed to really enjoy showing us around and informing us on the sites. When I return, I'd love to take another tour from the same guide!
Great tour. Our guide Damiano was fantastic and he made our tour a lot of fun which held the interest of our teenage daughters. He was very knowledgable about ancient Rome and had a great sense of humor.