- Private morning walking tour of the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Skip the entrance line to the Colosseum and Palatine Hill
- English-speaking guide specializing in art history
- Headsets so you can hear your guide clearly
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private art tour
- Departs from the Colosseo metro stop and concludes at the Roman Forum
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Once inside the Colosseum, you will hear about the amphitheater's bloody past as you listen to tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions. After a brief rest at the Arch of Constantine, you will arrive at the Palatine Hill, the most famous of the seven hills of Rome. From here you can admire the magnificent views of the Roman Forum and Nero's Circus Maximus where chariot races were held.
The last stop on your private walking tour is a stroll along the Via Sacra or 'Sacred Way', the main path through the Roman Forum that was used for triumphal processions.
This in-depth private tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum is hosted by an English-speaking guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Amanda Karr was our guide and we were so lucky to get her. I love how passionate she is about history and her work as a teacher basically, as she helps us to understand just how incredible the history of Rome really is. It was a hot day and yet she was always checking in with us as to our comfort level and keeping us in the shade as much as possible. I loved having a private tour and it was worth every penny. Amanda answered all of our questions and left us more enlightened when it was all done. Can't wait for another trip.
I was so happy we booked the private tour. Our guide Elelana was excellent. She answered all our questions and let us take all the time and pictures we need. We were in Rome for 5 days and this was by far our most enjoyable tour.