- 2.5-hour St Peter’s Basilica walking tour and Mosaic Studio
- Skip the lines with fast-track access to St Peter's Basilica
- Walk through a private section of Vatican City on your way to the Mosaic Studio
- See how mosaics are repaired and restored at the workshop, closed to the general public
- Hear commentary by your Vatican guide via audio headset and meet the studio director
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 20 people ensures a personalized visit
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Meet the local artists working on the mosaics of St Peter’s Basilica and tour the Mosaic Studio, which is not normally open to the public. A great tour for art lovers!
What You Can Expect
Click on 'View additional info' to see the meeting point.
This tour was amazing!
This might be the best tour I have ever taken, and I have taken quite a few. I didn't realize that the Basilica tour was befor the Mosaic Studio tour. Frankly, I think the order should be reversed. My legs were tired from the first half of our day (our tour was at 2:30) and walking around the Basilica for an hour wasn't pleasant for me, but I am over 60. I learned on the tour that all the "paintings" in the Basilica were in fact mosaics. I didn't know that, nor did my sister-in-law. We had both been to the Basilica numerous times before and it was never mentioned on any tour I had been on. Watching the artists work on the mosaics, seeing how they restored the ancient mosaics and the newer ones was fascinating. Our guide was wonderful, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, his name was Valery. I would take this tour again in a heartbeat, but would like to skip the Basilica tour. I would pay the same price for the mosaic tour alone. We returned to the Basilica another day to view the mosaics in a completely different light and with a much greater appreciation. Really, this was a great tour.