- 3-hour Vatican Museums tour including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, led by an expert guide
- Skip the line for fast-track entry to the world-famous Vatican museum complex
- Learn about the incredible Renaissance artwork inside Raphael’s Rooms
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and marvel at Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam
- Explore St Peter’s Basilica and rub the statue of St Peter for a blessing
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Your expert guide will make visiting the Vatican a less overwhelming experience in less time than many tours. See the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica with a small group. Depending on when you go, you may have the option of taking an evening tour after the usual closing times.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Besucheralle VatikanPhoto by: Fred H
- St. PetersPhoto by: Jose M
USA, 08 2010
- Museum GardenPhoto by: Anonymous
- Map gallery, Vatican MuseumsPhoto by: James P
United Kingdom, 01 2009
- Notice anything missing?Photo by: Anonymous
- Gallery of MapsPhoto by: Brian C
United Kingdom, 01 2008
- Op weg naar de musea in ...Photo by: koen d
- VaticanPhoto by: Jeff W
- RoofPhoto by: Joan G
- School of Athens, RaphaelPhoto by: Laurens R
- St Peters Square at DuskPhoto by: cwgiggles1101
- The fantastic scale and light ...Photo by: Marie S
- St. Peters Basilica - front ...Photo by: EhViator
- St. Peters Basilica - Dome ...Photo by: EhViator
- St. Peters Basilica - Beneath ...Photo by: EhViator
- Brass floor grate.Photo by: EhViator
- Dome InteriorPhoto by: EhViator
- St. Peters Basilica - InteriorPhoto by: EhViator
- Michaelangelos PietaPhoto by: EhViator
- Mosaic portrait of St. PeterPhoto by: EhViator
What You Can Expect
Meet your local guide and pay your fee to enter the Vatican Museums. Then, with your skip-the-line ticket, step inside to start your Vatican and Sistine Chapel tour. Follow your guide, listening to tales of saintliness and scandal, and learn about the Vatican’s place as one of the holiest sites in Christendom.
Italian art flourished in the Renaissance and baroque periods, and the Vatican popes put together one of the world’s largest collections of private art with frescos, paintings, sculptures and treasure. See the highlights as you walk through galleries such as Raphael’s Rooms, and hear stories behind works such as the School of Athens — a piece that features images of Michelangelo and Raphael himself.
Pass through halls such as the Gallery of the Masks and Gallery of the Maps. Then, make your way into the Sistine Chapel. A sacred spot and the private papal chapel, the Sistine Chapel is also renowned for its Michelangelo frescoes — The Last Judgement and The Creation of Adam.
Continue to St Peter’s Basilica, which is said to be built on the ground where St Peter is buried. Admire La Pietà, an early Michelangelo sculpture, and pause to rub the foot of a statue of St Peter. The act is said to bring good luck! Your Vatican and St Peter’s Basilica tour then finishes outside the church.
8am Small-Group Tour:
Skip the line and the crowds when you upgrade to this morning tour, with a maximum group size of 12 people. At this early time, your group enters the Vatican Museums before the doors open to the general public.
7:30pm Evening Tour:
Upgrade to tour the Vatican Museums after the doors close to the public. This evening option is only available for limited period, on Friday evenings from May 6 to July 26, and September 6 to October 25. Numbers are restricted to 20 people, and the tour does not include entry to St Peter’s Basilica.
Great information provided, such an amazing place!
Tour guide was local and informative. Best part was we got to skip the line.
We bought this ticket for a Wednesday morning when the Pope was giving his Papal message. If seeing the pope is your thing, DO NOT BUY this for wednesday morning, get tickets for seats for his mass/audience.
If you don't mind missing the pope, going to the Vatican museum during the Papal audience is an excellent idea as it is not crowded. You don't feel rushed or elbow to elbow with the other tourists as you all make your way to the Sistine Chapel. We arrived at the Sistine Chapel around 12 and our guide told us to go back to the cafeteria, have a coffee, and wait until they open the access from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter's Basilica. Though the vatican attendants did not like us walking back towards the Sistine Chapel entrance, we just said we needed to use the toilet and they let us go. Around 12:30 they opened the door and we were able to go right into the basilica without having to go through security again. Also, the basilica doors just opened as well and there were very few people in the basilica.
Overall, it was a great tour! We didn't get a tour of the Basilica due to the Papal Mass, but I think we received a more in depth Vatican Museum tour and so it worked out.
Great tour. Excellent guide. Well organized.
We had a really nice guide. He had a lot to tell which we didn't know before, since my friend allready had a tour at St Pieter. He spoke English at a really good level. We enjoyed the tour and would definately book another one.
United States of ...
Beautiful experience, extremely knowledgeable guide and was great at answering questions. A little confusing finding the initial check-in office, but overall I recommend this tour. Remember that the entry fee is not included, so be ready to provide payment when you check in. Skip The Line was great.
The tour was very informative and a wonderful way to see the vatican!
Very good tour, very enjoyable, really good guide. Recommended.
Our tour guide know the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel and St. Peter Bascillica inside out. It was a great trip for both of us.
was a great tour. I would highly recommend it to anyone .b the tour guide was amazing .he made it very interesting and his knowledge of the subject amazing kudios to you excellent5