- 3-hour Vatican Museums tour including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, led by an expert guide
- Skip the line for fast-track entry to the world-famous Vatican museum complex
- Learn about the incredible Renaissance artwork inside Raphael’s Rooms
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and marvel at Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam
- Explore St Peter’s Basilica and rub the statue of St Peter for a blessing
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Your expert guide will make visiting the Vatican a less overwhelming experience in less time than many tours. See the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica with a small group. Depending on when you go, you may have the option of taking an evening tour after the usual closing times.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Besucheralle VatikanPhoto by: Fred H
- St. PetersPhoto by: Jose M
USA, 08 2010
- Museum GardenPhoto by: Anonymous
- Map gallery, Vatican MuseumsPhoto by: James P
United Kingdom, 01 2009
- Notice anything missing?Photo by: Anonymous
- Gallery of MapsPhoto by: Brian C
United Kingdom, 01 2008
- Our knowledgable guidePhoto by: Nan
United States of America, 05 2016
- Superbe galeriePhoto by: Jacques R
- Touring the Vatican with ...Photo by: Andrew L
- Touring the Vatican April 21Photo by: Andrew L
- IMG_1552Photo by: Andrew L
- Emporté par la foule !!!Photo by: Bertrand P
- People and more people in ...Photo by: Denise K
- im Vatikanischen MuseumPhoto by: Luzia G
- elendigtPhoto by: john j
- Op weg naar de musea in ...Photo by: koen d
- VaticanPhoto by: Jeff W
- RoofPhoto by: Joan G
- School of Athens, RaphaelPhoto by: Laurens R
- St Peters Square at DuskPhoto by: cwgiggles1101
What You Can Expect
Meet your local guide and pay your fee to enter the Vatican Museums. Then, with your skip-the-line ticket, step inside to start your Vatican and Sistine Chapel tour. Follow your guide, listening to tales of saintliness and scandal, and learn about the Vatican’s place as one of the holiest sites in Christendom.
Italian art flourished in the Renaissance and baroque periods, and the Vatican popes put together one of the world’s largest collections of private art with frescos, paintings, sculptures and treasure. See the highlights as you walk through galleries such as Raphael’s Rooms, and hear stories behind works such as the School of Athens — a piece that features images of Michelangelo and Raphael himself.
Pass through halls such as the Gallery of the Masks and Gallery of the Maps. Then, make your way into the Sistine Chapel. A sacred spot and the private papal chapel, the Sistine Chapel is also renowned for its Michelangelo frescoes — The Last Judgement and The Creation of Adam.
Continue to St Peter’s Basilica, which is said to be built on the ground where St Peter is buried. Admire La Pietà, an early Michelangelo sculpture, and pause to rub the foot of a statue of St Peter. The act is said to bring good luck! Your Vatican and St Peter’s Basilica tour then finishes outside the church.
Skip the line and the crowds when you upgrade to this morning tour, with a maximum group size of 12 people. At this early time, your group enters the Vatican Museums before the doors open to the general public.
Upgrade to tour the Vatican Museums after the doors close to the public. This evening option is only available for limited period, on Friday evenings from May 6 to July 26, and September 6 to October 25. Numbers are restricted to 20 people, and the tour does not include entry to St Peter’s Basilica.
Great tour - our guide Ingar knew her history and was very informative x
Well organized tour. The tour guide really knows her trade. Very courteous and patient.
Rosa was a wonderful, knowledgeable tour guide who taught us much about Michelangelo and the history of the Vatican. Her expertise was much appreciated!
excellent, the tour guide are really good. I can recommend Viator to my friends. And I can make tour bookings with Viator in our next trips.
Great tour. Very crowded. Awesome to see!
We started early in the morning and wasted no time in lines waiting. Our guide is terrific and filled our whole time with stories and explanations.
This tour was amazing! It was long enough to see all the things we wanted to see. Our group was very small, only 13, so our tour guide was able to to make it a more personable experience. He was very knowledgeable about the history of Rome, as well as the Vatican. We would highly recommend this tour
It was an amazing tour. Thank you
Great tour. Only issue was I wasn't aware that the price of the ticket was not included, be prepared to pay another 22 dollars when you arrive.
Our guide was very informative and had a wonderful sense of humour, loved it!!!