- 3-hour Vatican Museums tour including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, led by an expert guide
- Skip the line for fast-track entry to the world-famous Vatican museum complex
- Learn about the incredible Renaissance artwork inside Raphael’s Rooms
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and marvel at Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam
- Explore St Peter’s Basilica and rub the statue of St Peter for a blessing
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Besucheralle VatikanPhoto by: Fred H
- St. PetersPhoto by: Jose M
USA, 08 2010
- Museum GardenPhoto by: Anonymous
- Map gallery, Vatican MuseumsPhoto by: James P
United Kingdom, 01 2009
- Notice anything missing?Photo by: Anonymous
- Gallery of MapsPhoto by: Brian C
United Kingdom, 01 2008
- Vatican MuseumPhoto by: Glenn G
USA, 06 2016
- Udsmykning i Vatikan HavenPhoto by: Vivi G
- PeterskirkenPhoto by: Vivi G
- La lumière telle que vue ...Photo by: Luce D
- Our knowledgable guidePhoto by: Nan
United States of America, 05 2016
- Superbe galeriePhoto by: Jacques R
- Touring the Vatican with ...Photo by: Andrew L
- Touring the Vatican April 21Photo by: Andrew L
- IMG_1552Photo by: Andrew L
- Emporté par la foule !!!Photo by: Bertrand P
- People and more people in ...Photo by: Denise K
- im Vatikanischen MuseumPhoto by: Luzia G
- elendigtPhoto by: john j
- Op weg naar de musea in ...Photo by: koen d
What You Can Expect
Meet your local guide and pay your fee to enter the Vatican Museums. Then, with your skip-the-line ticket, step inside to start your Vatican and Sistine Chapel tour. Follow your guide, listening to tales of saintliness and scandal, and learn about the Vatican’s place as one of the holiest sites in Christendom.
Italian art flourished in the Renaissance and baroque periods, and the Vatican popes put together one of the world’s largest collections of private art with frescos, paintings, sculptures and treasure. See the highlights as you walk through galleries such as Raphael’s Rooms, and hear stories behind works such as the School of Athens — a piece that features images of Michelangelo and Raphael himself.
Pass through halls such as the Gallery of the Masks and Gallery of the Maps. Then, make your way into the Sistine Chapel. A sacred spot and the private papal chapel, the Sistine Chapel is also renowned for its Michelangelo frescoes — The Last Judgement and The Creation of Adam.
Continue to St Peter’s Basilica, which is said to be built on the ground where St Peter is buried. Admire La Pietà, an early Michelangelo sculpture, and pause to rub the foot of a statue of St Peter, said to bring good luck. Your Vatican and St Peter’s Basilica tour then finishes outside the church.
Skip the line and the crowds when you upgrade to this morning tour, with a maximum group size of 12 people. At this early time, your group enters the Vatican Museums before the doors open to the general public.
Upgrade to tour the Vatican Museums after the doors close to the public. This evening option is only available for limited period, on Friday evenings from May 6 to July 26, and September 6 to October 25. Numbers are restricted to 20 people, and the tour does not include entry to St Peter’s Basilica.
Glenn G USA
Coming early was great. We could actually tour the museum and see things without being crammed by other people. The small group made it personal and easy to move around. Having a tour on a Wednesday is good and bad. We got to see the Raphael room since the Basilica was closed. But then we had to stick around not too bad - we got something to eat to see the Basilica when it opened at 1 PM. The tour was so much better with a guide - and ours was excellent.
Awesome tour! Our tour guide, did not get her name, was very helpful and informative.
Trip length was just right. Well organized. Very enjoyable overall
Johnny and Isaac were great! We loved the venue, food, and the tour after dinner. This is a must for a romantic evening in Florence.
Our tour guide was wonderful!! So knowledgable and seemed to really enjoy teaching us about the museums and the church. So happy we took the tour!
This tour was very well organised with a very knowledgeable guide who was anle to provide an excellent insight into the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and the Basilica of St Peters.
The tour group was small enough that you were able to hear all the commentary and the guide was very well organised with a wealth of printed material that he was able to use to illustrate much of the history.
The museums, chapel and cathedral were absolutely amazing. The 'skip the line ' element of the tour worked well and facilitated entry.
ollie brown Australia
Wow !!! What beautiful buildings. So much history here. Loved this tour, would highly recommend.
Our guide was very knowledgeable, we had a great visit!