- 3-hour Vatican Museums tour including the Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, led by an expert guide
- Skip the line for fast-track entry to the world-famous Vatican museum complex
- Learn about the incredible Renaissance artwork inside Raphael’s Rooms
- Visit the Sistine Chapel and marvel at Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam
- Explore St Peter’s Basilica and rub the statue of St Peter for a blessing
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Your expert guide will make visiting the Vatican a less overwhelming experience in less time than many tours. See the awe-inspiring Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica with a small group. Depending on when you go, you may have the option of taking an evening tour after the usual closing times.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Besucheralle VatikanPhoto by: Fred H
- St. PetersPhoto by: Jose M
USA, 08 2010
- Museum GardenPhoto by: Anonymous
- Map gallery, Vatican MuseumsPhoto by: James P
United Kingdom, 01 2009
- Notice anything missing?Photo by: Anonymous
- Gallery of MapsPhoto by: Brian C
United Kingdom, 01 2008
- Emporté par la foule !!!Photo by: Bertrand P
- People and more people in ...Photo by: Denise K
- im Vatikanischen MuseumPhoto by: Luzia G
- elendigtPhoto by: john j
- Op weg naar de musea in ...Photo by: koen d
- VaticanPhoto by: Jeff W
- RoofPhoto by: Joan G
- School of Athens, RaphaelPhoto by: Laurens R
- St Peters Square at DuskPhoto by: cwgiggles1101
- The fantastic scale and light ...Photo by: Marie S
- St. Peters Basilica - front ...Photo by: EhViator
- St. Peters Basilica - Dome ...Photo by: EhViator
- St. Peters Basilica - Beneath ...Photo by: EhViator
- Brass floor grate.Photo by: EhViator
What You Can Expect
Meet your local guide and pay your fee to enter the Vatican Museums. Then, with your skip-the-line ticket, step inside to start your Vatican and Sistine Chapel tour. Follow your guide, listening to tales of saintliness and scandal, and learn about the Vatican’s place as one of the holiest sites in Christendom.
Italian art flourished in the Renaissance and baroque periods, and the Vatican popes put together one of the world’s largest collections of private art with frescos, paintings, sculptures and treasure. See the highlights as you walk through galleries such as Raphael’s Rooms, and hear stories behind works such as the School of Athens — a piece that features images of Michelangelo and Raphael himself.
Pass through halls such as the Gallery of the Masks and Gallery of the Maps. Then, make your way into the Sistine Chapel. A sacred spot and the private papal chapel, the Sistine Chapel is also renowned for its Michelangelo frescoes — The Last Judgement and The Creation of Adam.
Continue to St Peter’s Basilica, which is said to be built on the ground where St Peter is buried. Admire La Pietà, an early Michelangelo sculpture, and pause to rub the foot of a statue of St Peter. The act is said to bring good luck! Your Vatican and St Peter’s Basilica tour then finishes outside the church.
Skip the line and the crowds when you upgrade to this morning tour, with a maximum group size of 12 people. At this early time, your group enters the Vatican Museums before the doors open to the general public.
Upgrade to tour the Vatican Museums after the doors close to the public. This evening option is only available for limited period, on Friday evenings from May 6 to July 26, and September 6 to October 25. Numbers are restricted to 20 people, and the tour does not include entry to St Peter’s Basilica.
Our tour guide, Alfredo, was both knowledgeable and friendly. Excellent tour...Unbelievably breathtaking!
Great tour with the best guide. Very knowledgable and enjoyable
Our tour guide Linda was unbelievably good. She was so informed, easy to listen to and made the experience one of the highlights of Rome.
A unique and wonderful experience visiting St Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museum.
Excellent tour guides
Marta, our guide, was fabulous. It was obvious that she not only knew the information very well but she also seemed to have a passion for the art. When we needed extra assistance toward the end of the tour she was very gracious and made sure that all was well before we left. Plus, the opportunity to SKIP the lines is not to be underestimated. That is a big deal!
This tour was overwhelming, due to the mass of artwork and architecture, as well as the crowds of people, and I am told it was not as busy at this time of year! Really do wear comfortable shoes and make sure you have eaten well, and bring water!
A must if you intend to see these places. Apart from skipping an hour or more wait to get in the leader was extremely informative and added hugely to the whole experience
Highly knowledgeable tour guide.
Although we went at a REALLY busy time of year week of Easter the tour guide did a good job of showing us highlights and trying to get us moved through the museum without feeling rushed even though we had to skip several rooms. The Sistine Chapel was amazing as was St Peter's Basilica.
Skip the line was excellent. guide was knowledgable and took us where we needs to go. I think without a guide we would have just wandered, got lost and missed bits. we had audio headsets so we learned a bit. All sites were great to see and tick off the list. Did not see the Pope he must have been doing the cleaning.