- Enjoy a skip-the-line Vatican tour including the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica
- See captivating sites like Raphael’s Rooms, Gallery of the Maps and Bramante’s Pinecone Courtyard
- Visit the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam ceiling fresco
- Explore St Peter’s Basilica on a fully guided Vatican walking tour and see the famous La Pieta sculpture
- Choose from four different times, or upgrade to a small-group tour (maximum 12)
Recent Photos of This Tour
- vatican courtyardPhoto by: Sanil
- Saint Peters BasilicaPhoto by: Chad G
- VaticanPhoto by: NittanyLaura
- Skip the Line: Vatican ...Photo by: Ilja G
- Rome10-2010-2 105Photo by: Louis C
- IMG_1975Photo by: William G
United Kingdom, 10 2010
- IMG_2075Photo by: William G
United Kingdom, 10 2010
- A Fountain at the VaticanPhoto by: Daniel C
USA, 04 2010
- Egyptian StatuePhoto by: Daniel C
USA, 04 2010
- Ravi at the Vatican MuseumPhoto by: Ravi B
United Kingdom, 01 2010
- Angels at the VaticanPhoto by: Michael S
USA, 12 2009
- Vatican sculpturePhoto by: Ann K
United States of America, 10 2009
- Inside St. Peter'sPhoto by: Anonymous
- St Peter'sPhoto by: Paul P
USA, 07 2009
- Brett and Kerry in Front in ...Photo by: Brett P
USA, 06 2009
- St Peter's SquarePhoto by: Janice L
United Kingdom, 11 2008
- St. Peter's at DaybreakPhoto by: Katherine A
USA, 10 2008
- St. Peter's BasilicaPhoto by: Anonymous
- Vatican TourPhoto by: Lizett S
USA, 08 2008
- Modern Art in the VaticanPhoto by: David F
Bermuda, 07 2008
What You Can Expect
Walk through the Gallery of the Maps and Gallery of Tapestries as you listen to tales of Vatican intrigue. Gaze at artifacts such as timeworn yet fascinating Italian maps, and admire the sculptures and candelabras of the Gallery of Candelabras. Stop for photos in front of the Pigna statue in the Pinecone Courtyard, designed by Dontao Bramante.
Raphael’s Rooms are a series of galleries that highlight the talent of the lauded Renaissance artist himself. Pass through the rooms, and then step inside the Sistine Chapel — the pope’s personal place of worship and a highlight of any Vatican trip. Stand beneath Michelangelo’s The Creation of Adam, which cloaks the ceiling, and admire The Last Judgement, his colorful mural that adorns a wall.
After your Sistine Chapel visit, continue to St Peter’s Basilica, the symbolic heart of the Catholic church. Learn about its history and see more Vatican art including Michelangelo’s La Pietà, which was sculpted when the maestro was only 24 years old. Gaze at the baldachino by Bernini, and then say goodbye to your guide in St Peter’s Square.
If you want to enhance your Vatican experience, select one of the following experiences:
Small-Group Tour at 8:10am:
Enter the Vatican Museums as soon as it opens, before the other lines enter. Your tour is limited to 12 people for personal attention and information about the Vatican’s must-see sights.
Tour at 7:30pm:
Explore the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel after the doors close to the general public. This experience is only available until October 30, 2016, and the group size is limited to 20. A visit to St Peter’s Basilica is not included.
Donella M United Kingdom
This tour was amazing!
The vatican museum, St Peters and the sistine chapel are amazing and are required viewing for anyone visiting Rome. The tour started on time and our guide did a great job in navigating us through the hoards of people. Along the way she stopped at the most important pieces of art and architecture all while explaining thoroughly the history and importance of the pieces. Thank so much for the great time.
Great tour. Guide was awesome. Took special care of my aunt who has some difficulty with stairs.
This was our first trip to Rome and the 'Skip the Line' tour was recommended to us, and now we know why! It was very well organized and the guide was very knowledgeable. There is a lot to see on this tour, and having the guide ensured that we didn't miss any of the highlights! It was very busy, but everything went smoothly.
The tour guide was knowledgeable and very friendly. The tour was short but sweet. All the highlights were seen.
Francesca was our guide and she made it a fantastic tour - she and #39;s very well informed and her English is fluent and very easy to follow! The monuments and everything they include is incredibke. It was a great experience and definitely worth the price.
The guide was excellent and very informative.
The tour guide was a wealth of information, was very personable, and very good at keeping track of our small group amidst thousands of people visiting that day
Magdalena was a great tour guide...she was very informative and knowledgeable.
We got so caught up in the surrounding area that we were late to out tour gathering. So we missed out however the guide company let us go in with next group which was 15 mins later. Great trip an exhausting day though, sooo much to look at. Beautiful!!!