Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines. Numbers are also limited to a maximum of 25 people, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Skip the Line: Vatican in One Day from Rome
- This tour includes exclusive access through a reserved entranceway and we guarantee you will not wait in any long lines
- See the most important sites of the Vatican City in a single day, including the major basilicas, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- See the Holy Stairs the 28 white marble steps said to be walked upon by Christ during his passion
- Guided walking tour inside the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Personalized small group and commentary (maximum 25 people)
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I highly recommend this tour to anyone who really wants to get the full Vatican experience. You see all the major museum collections and basilicas with a fabulous guide to make sure you don't miss anything!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- VaticanPhoto by: Kavi
- St. PetersPhoto by: Lloyd B
- This place is amazing - St. ...Photo by: victoria f
- Outside the Vatican gardenPhoto by: victoria f
- Zwitserse GardePhoto by: Egbert v
- Julia and her RomeoPhoto by: Egbert v
- Gigi vertelt...Photo by: Egbert v
- The queue in frontPhoto by: xtineholic
- AmazingPhoto by: Michael P
- St. Peter'sPhoto by: angierampey
- Vatican CathedralsPhoto by: Daniel S
- VaticanPhoto by: ANASTASIOS P
- Skolan i AtenPhoto by: Johnny E
- The Vatican, the Basilicas, ...Photo by: Denise H
- Meeting with Pope FrancesPhoto by: Nishant S
- VaticanoPhoto by: Camila F S
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Accès au VaticanPhoto by: Patrick M
- Inside the Vatican MuseumPhoto by: Miss Mac
Australia, 05 2013
What You Can Expect
Skip-the-line Vatican tours are so popular, even the priority lines are long! But this tour includes exclusive access through a reserved entranceway, ensuring that you will not wait in any long lines. Your tour starts early, leaving ample time to appreciate the Vatican's spectacular Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms plus St. Peter's Basilica. Begin your journey by exploring one of the world’s most fascinating cultural gems, the Vatican Museum! Stroll the hallways which house over 9 miles of artworks! Experience Michelangelo’s famous "Creation of Adam" with your own eyes in the Sistine Chapel or wonder at the works of the young genius Raphael in Raphael’s Rooms. You'll visit many wings of the museum including the Ancient Greek and Roman sculpture wing, the Hall of Maps and the Hall of Tapestries. For the morning's grand finale, Skip the line via the Vatican Museums to enter St. Peter's Basilica, the largest Church in Christianity, guardian of St. Peter's tomb, Michelangelo’s Pieta sculpture, and Bernini’s immense baldachin canopy. The morning tour concludes here, enjoy some free time to explore further or find a place to rest before rejoining the group for the afternoon tour.
Afternoon Tour: Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Basilica of St. Paul and Basilica of Saint John Lateran
After a leisurely break you will go on to Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, which boasts exuberant sculptural decorations, stunning 5th-century mosaics and Bernini’s tomb. Next, you will have the chance to climb the Holy Stairs, the 28 white marble steps which once led to the Palace of Pontius Pilate and were walked upon by Christ during his passion. You will then visit the imposing Lateran Palace and Basilica of Saint John Lateran and the Cathedral of Rome. Finally you will see the Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you'll see the tomb of Saint Paul, 5th-century mosaics, brilliantly colored frescoes and the Tabernacle by Arnolfo di Cambio.
This tour was amazing, the instructor was highly professional, nice and educational
very interesting trip lots of information from the guide made the day very enjoyable
The tour was excellent and the tour guide very informative. I would recommend this tour anytime.
Amazing Tour, great tour guide, wonderful time
It was outstanding!!! Our guide in the morning, Alesiaspelling?, was so knowledgeable and enthusiastic that it was an incredible way to see the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's. We were so prepared about what we would see in each area we visited. Our afternoon guide for the other bascilicas, Lindy, was equally knowledgeable, very personable, and saved us when the tour ended in a different location than we were expecting. She gave excellent instructions for where to get on and off the subway. Our hometown doesn't have a subway but we made it safely to our hotel. Thank you Lindy.
Really informative tour! The tour operator team is very organized and knowledgeable!!
Rachel was a great guide....kept it all very interesting and on time... The visit would not have been the same without her!
Only wished for a little more art history on the Basilica itself.
When in Rome - you must do the Vatican tour! It is a long day so eat a hardy breakfast folks. The grounds are immaculate and our tour guide was very knowledgeable. The Sistine Chapel will BLOW YOUR MIND!
Was wonderful!!! It was the first excursion in Rome and what a way to start the trip ! It was fabulous ! Both morning and afternoon guides were wonderful. Loved every minute of tour. The day went so quickly . By far my favorite day and excursion in Rome