- Skip-the-line Vatican day tour
- See the most important sites of the Vatican City in a single day, including the major basilicas, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy exclusive access through a reserved entranceway, guaranteeing you will not wait in any long lines
- Take a guided walking tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- Visit the Holy Stairs, 28 white steps said to be walked upon by Christ during his Passion
- Tour limited to 25 people
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I highly recommend this tour to anyone who really wants to get the full Vatican experience. You see all the major museum collections and basilicas with a fabulous guide to make sure you don't miss anything!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- VaticanPhoto by: Kavi
- St. PetersPhoto by: Lloyd B
- This place is amazing - St. ...Photo by: victoria f
- Outside the Vatican gardenPhoto by: victoria f
- Zwitserse GardePhoto by: Egbert v
- Julia and her RomeoPhoto by: Egbert v
- Gigi vertelt...Photo by: Egbert v
- The queue in frontPhoto by: xtineholic
- AmazingPhoto by: Michael P
- St. Peter'sPhoto by: angierampey
- Vatican CathedralsPhoto by: Daniel S
- VaticanPhoto by: ANASTASIOS P
- Skolan i AtenPhoto by: Johnny E
- The Vatican, the Basilicas, ...Photo by: Denise H
- Meeting with Pope FrancesPhoto by: Nishant S
- VaticanoPhoto by: Camila F S
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Accès au VaticanPhoto by: Patrick M
- Inside the Vatican MuseumPhoto by: Miss Mac
Australia, 05 2013
What You Can Expect
Next, follow your guide to St Peter’s Basilica, where you’ll also skip the main entrance line. As you walk around the world’s largest Catholic church, admire more art masterpieces like Michelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture and Bernini’s large baldachin altar canopy. The first half of your tour ends here, where you have free time to continue exploring on your own or enjoy a rest before rejoining the group for the afternoon portion.
In the afternoon, you’ll travel by coach to three basilicas in Rome that sit outside the walls of Vatican City but are official papal basilicas. Start at the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, known for its sculptural decoration and 5th-century mosaics. Bernini’s tomb also lies here.
Next, you have the opportunity to walk up the Holy Stairs (Scala Sancta), a set of 28 marble steps that once led to the Palace of Pontius Pilate and were climbed by Jesus Christ, according to Catholic tradition. Then enjoy your visit to the Lateran Palace and Basilica of St John Lateran, the official Cathedral of Rome and the seat of the Bishop of Rome. Finally, arrive at the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls, a UNESCO World Heritage–listed church that’s home to the tomb of St Paul, more ancient mosaics, colorful frescoes and the tabernacle by Arnolfo di Cambio.
Skip the Line was the best way to go to get into the Vatican and for a 1st trip there. However, would suggest not leaving when the tour is complete and wandering around even more. There were halls and halls of art that we did not even get to glance at because of the time. Simply amazing. We were slightly confused and almost missed the afternoon part of the tour which took us on a bus to see 3 additional churches. Those were just as fascinating as St Peters Santa Maria Majore and St Pauls were 2 of the 3.
This was a great tour and the guide was very informative.
Thank you Alesia your were a fantastic tour guide a wealth of knowledge.We thoroughly enjoyed the tour would recommend this tour as a must. We saw so much and still amazed, the tour left me feeling quite overwhelmed such a memory I will keep for a long time.
Mary W Canada
Tour was awesome.... so much to see and not really enough time. Our guide was knowledgable and answered all questions well. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole day.
A full day of walking so be prepared, but worth it.
Our tour guide was amazing, she had so much information and was able to answer all the questions we asked. The tour itself was amazing as well, a lot of history to take in and enjoy.
As with all our viator tours, this was again excellent. Very knowledgeable and humerous guide. SO many people around the Vatican we appreciated the guides along the way from the Metro who gave us directions as well as the instructions we had from viator. We spent our lunch break with 7 other delightful people we met during the tour. During the afternoon tour we were beginning to feel that the number of Basilicas we were seeing was a bit too much for one day and then my daughter had a fall crossing a wide intersection so we didn't get to see the last one anyway. We were very impressed at the care demonstrated by our tour guide after this accident her concern was typical of the behaviour of all our guides.
Fantastic tour guide on this tour. Definitely worth the price! Avoid the crowds! Book this tour!
Good English Speaking Guides. Perfect selection. No lines!
This tour was amazing!