- Skip-the-line Vatican day tour
- See the most important sites of the Vatican City in a single day, including the major basilicas, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy exclusive access through a reserved entranceway, guaranteeing you will not wait in any long lines
- Take a guided walking tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- Visit the Holy Stairs, 28 white steps said to be walked upon by Christ during his Passion
- Tour limited to 25 people
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I highly recommend this tour to anyone who really wants to get the full Vatican experience. You see all the major museum collections and basilicas with a fabulous guide to make sure you don't miss anything!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- VaticanPhoto by: Kavi
- St. PetersPhoto by: Lloyd B
- This place is amazing - St. ...Photo by: victoria f
- Outside the Vatican gardenPhoto by: victoria f
- Zwitserse GardePhoto by: Egbert v
- Julia and her RomeoPhoto by: Egbert v
- Gigi vertelt...Photo by: Egbert v
- The queue in frontPhoto by: xtineholic
- AmazingPhoto by: Michael P
- St. Peter'sPhoto by: angierampey
- Vatican CathedralsPhoto by: Daniel S
- VaticanPhoto by: ANASTASIOS P
- Skolan i AtenPhoto by: Johnny E
- The Vatican, the Basilicas, ...Photo by: Denise H
- Meeting with Pope FrancesPhoto by: Nishant S
- VaticanoPhoto by: Camila F S
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Accès au VaticanPhoto by: Patrick M
- Inside the Vatican MuseumPhoto by: Miss Mac
Australia, 05 2013
What You Can Expect
Next, follow your guide to St Peter’s Basilica, where you’ll also skip the main entrance line. As you walk around the world’s largest Catholic church, admire more art masterpieces like Michelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture and Bernini’s large baldachin altar canopy. The first half of your tour ends here, where you have free time to continue exploring on your own or enjoy a rest before rejoining the group for the afternoon portion.
In the afternoon, you’ll travel by coach to three basilicas in Rome that sit outside the walls of Vatican City but are official papal basilicas. Start at the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, known for its sculptural decoration and 5th-century mosaics. Bernini’s tomb also lies here.
Next, you have the opportunity to walk up the Holy Stairs (Scala Sancta), a set of 28 marble steps that once led to the Palace of Pontius Pilate and were climbed by Jesus Christ, according to Catholic tradition. Then enjoy your visit to the Lateran Palace and Basilica of St John Lateran, the official Cathedral of Rome and the seat of the Bishop of Rome. Finally, arrive at the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls, a UNESCO World Heritage–listed church that’s home to the tomb of St Paul, more ancient mosaics, colorful frescoes and the tabernacle by Arnolfo di Cambio.
Both tour guides were very knowledgeable
Joydeep Das United Kingdom
Perfect tour to explore the ever crowded Vatican City..The tour guide was very professional and in summary it was an way to explore the various attractions i.e. the Museum, Sistine Chapel and St.Peters.
This is the most efficient way to see the Vatican. You are able to communicate effectively with the guide in a small group in spite of the fact that there is no getting around the crowds in the museums and St Peter's Basilica. We were able to walk through the 4 Holy Doors in Rome in this Year of Mercy as a part of this tour. A wonderful experience.
Well organised and very motivated staff. In the morning Gloria did not save efforts in showing us all she knew about the Vatican. In the afternoon it was a pleasure having Antonella who had to deal with difficult situations but managed to of the miracle.
The tour was absolutely amazing!!
I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The morning and afternoon guide were incredibly professional, great energy and a great time on experience.
Thank you both for the day. I' ll remember for the rest of my life.
The staff were very organized and professional.
Our guide was really interesting and very knowledgeable not only about the Basilica, but also the art in the museum. Even though these buildings were packed with people she continued to check that we were all in tow, and answered all our questions.
Tiffany was wonderful and this was one of my favorite tours of our whole trip. We learned SO much and its easy to see why this tour is highly rated, in three different cities with many different tours Tiffany was my favorite. guide. ever. SO helpful, SO knowledgable, SO amazing!
Excellent tour with very knowledgeable guides.
Debra T United States of ...
This was my first actual tour during this trip to Rome, and I loved it. Tiffany did a fantastic job in the morning, and her passion for her job was evident. The crown jewel was St. Peter's Basilica ... what an extraordinary feat of engineering! The second part of the tour was very interesting, as we journeyed to the various basilicas.