- Skip-the-line Vatican day tour
- See the most important sites of the Vatican City in a single day, including the major basilicas, the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
- Enjoy exclusive access through a reserved entranceway, guaranteeing you will not wait in any long lines
- Take a guided walking tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- Visit the Holy Stairs, 28 white steps said to be walked upon by Christ during his Passion
- Tour limited to 25 people
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I highly recommend this tour to anyone who really wants to get the full Vatican experience. You see all the major museum collections and basilicas with a fabulous guide to make sure you don't miss anything!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- VaticanPhoto by: Kavi
- St. PetersPhoto by: Lloyd B
- This place is amazing - St. ...Photo by: victoria f
- Outside the Vatican gardenPhoto by: victoria f
- Zwitserse GardePhoto by: Egbert v
- Julia and her RomeoPhoto by: Egbert v
- Gigi vertelt...Photo by: Egbert v
- The queue in frontPhoto by: xtineholic
- AmazingPhoto by: Michael P
- St. Peter'sPhoto by: angierampey
- Vatican CathedralsPhoto by: Daniel S
- VaticanPhoto by: ANASTASIOS P
- Skolan i AtenPhoto by: Johnny E
- The Vatican, the Basilicas, ...Photo by: Denise H
- Meeting with Pope FrancesPhoto by: Nishant S
- VaticanoPhoto by: Camila F S
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Vatican Tour, St Peter's ...Photo by: AW A
- Accès au VaticanPhoto by: Patrick M
- Inside the Vatican MuseumPhoto by: Miss Mac
Australia, 05 2013
What You Can Expect
Next, follow your guide to St Peter’s Basilica, where you’ll also skip the main entrance line. As you walk around the world’s largest Catholic church, admire more art masterpieces like Michelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture and Bernini’s large baldachin altar canopy. The first half of your tour ends here, where you have free time to continue exploring on your own or enjoy a rest before rejoining the group for the afternoon portion.
In the afternoon, you’ll travel by coach to three basilicas in Rome that sit outside the walls of Vatican City but are official papal basilicas. Start at the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, known for its sculptural decoration and 5th-century mosaics. Bernini’s tomb also lies here.
Next, you have the opportunity to walk up the Holy Stairs (Scala Sancta), a set of 28 marble steps that once led to the Palace of Pontius Pilate and were climbed by Jesus Christ, according to Catholic tradition. Then enjoy your visit to the Lateran Palace and Basilica of St John Lateran, the official Cathedral of Rome and the seat of the Bishop of Rome. Finally, arrive at the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls, a UNESCO World Heritage–listed church that’s home to the tomb of St Paul, more ancient mosaics, colorful frescoes and the tabernacle by Arnolfo di Cambio.
This product is part of the following categories :
- Rome Walking & Biking Tours
- Rome Walking Tours
- Rome Cultural Tours
- Rome Skip-the-Line Tours
- Raphael's Rooms Tours
- Sistine Chapel Skip The Line Tours & Tickets
- St Peter's Baldachin Tours
- St Peter's Basilica - Vatican Tours
- Vatican Skip the Line Tickets & VIP Tours
- Vatican City Skip the Line Tickets & VIP Tours
- La Pieta Tours
It was great being able to skip all the line at the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's Basilica. The tour guides I had were very knowledgable. I highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting Rome.
it was great, both guides were very friendly and knowledgable . thanks....
All the Vatican locations are breathtaking. This was a great opportunity. Be on the lookout for the Swiss guards just after the official tour ends. Lots of walking around the Vatican. Be prepared for a good deal of walking in the afternoon too, especially the uphill portion at the beginning of the tour. The afternoon session was a motor coach tour to four papal basilicas and expanded my knowledge of Catholic church and Rome. Our guide seemed very knowledgeable and religious which was a benefit to us. You will hear the guide better if you bring our own headset because the earbuds that are provided are not a very good quality.
JAGJINDER S New Zealand
This tour was amazing! The tour guides were very knowledgeable and had lots of information to share. We didn't get to spend much time in the contemporary rooms of the Vatican, which was disappointing as we missed getting to see artwork by artists such as Salvador Dali. I extremely enjoyed seeing the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica. Overall, it was an amazing experience!!
This tour was amazing, the instructor was highly professional, nice and educational
very interesting trip lots of information from the guide made the day very enjoyable
The tour was excellent and the tour guide very informative. I would recommend this tour anytime.
Amazing Tour, great tour guide, wonderful time