- 4-hour Lazio wine tour from Rome
- Sightseeing Castelli Romani on your way to Santa Benedetta Vineyard
- Spend your afternoon at Santa Benedetta winery in the hamlet of Monte Porzio Catone
- Sample three exquisite Castelli Romani wines, alongside a selection of local delicacies
- Learn about Italian wines from your knowledgeable guide
What You Can Expect
Head on to the hamlet of Monte Porzio Catone, and visit Santa Benedetta – the oldest winery in Castelli Romani. On a tour of the rustic estate, hear how it was once a convent, and learn about the winemaking traditions that have been passed down by generations of the Benedetti family.
At this secluded little spot, sit down for your wine-tasting session, sampling three important Santa Benedetta wines – complexus, gigi and tre vecchie. Soak up the wine with a plate of local delicacies, including the winery’s extra virgin olive oil, bruschetta (pane di Lariano, an aromatic, crusty white bread), cheeses and cured meats.
After relaxing at the estate, enjoying the fine wine, food and great company, your guide will drive you back to your Rome hotel.
Great tour, end up being private for us. The wine was great. They took the time to explain everything. Nice and clean van picked us up. Only 40 min drive with great views and a quick tour of the town.
Small group, small but very old winery. Wine maker tasted along with us. Accompanying food was great. View was spectacular. Wine was good but nothing to get very excited over. Interestingly one of the locals came while we were there with a empty plastic milk jug and paid to have the jug filled right out of the cask.