- Visit Val d'Orcia in Tuscany on a day trip from Rome
- Take a walking tour around the medieval hill-town of Montepulciano
- See Sant' Antimo Abbey, and enjoy views over the vineyards of Montalcino
- Relax with a locally produced 3-course lunch on a Tuscan farm
- Sample regional wines, including the famous Brunello di Montalcino
- Spend time at leisure in Pienza, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You go off the beaten track on this excursion to lovely and light-filled Tuscany. The lunch, wine and views are all amazing. Don't forget to pick up some Pecorino cheese in Pienza!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- PienzaPhoto by: Bmundi
Singapore, 08 2013
- SAM_2081Photo by: Sabeur R
- Abadia de San Antimo.Photo by: neiva m
- italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Photo by: holisticapprincess
- Lunch and wine tastingPhoto by: tfruman
- Rótulo de um tonel de ...Photo by: Maria Ilydia N
- Almoço na vinículaPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- ToscanaPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- ToscanaPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- No caminho da ToscanaPhoto by: Maria Ilydia N
- PienzaPhoto by: Raymond C
- Pici Pasta!Photo by: Heather H
- Chateau Poggio Il CastellarePhoto by: Heather H
- MoltalcinoPhoto by: Bruno Araujo M
- Soweto Power Station TowersPhoto by: Theresa R
- Inside Regina Mundi ChurchPhoto by: Theresa R
- In MontepulcianoPhoto by: Lee
- House on a hillPhoto by: Lee
- Rolling hills on the way to ...Photo by: Lee
- Selfie with a localPhoto by: Lee
What You Can Expect
fantastic....loved our guide Peter!
Our trip was everything imagined in the photos. Comfortable bus, hitting all the top spots in Tuscany. Lunch at the winery was superior. Our guide, Gia was spectacular. Explained things so well plus gave us other tips for visiting Rome. A little more time in Montipulciano would have made it even better. A well planned day with stops to break up the day.
This is a wonderful - relaxing and at the same time very informative.
My wife and I had a wonderful time in Tuscany, from the rolling countryside to the winery it was a beautiful and peaceful trip. Lunch at the winery was great as well. This is a great get-a-way from the hustle and bustle of Rome.
This is a good tour if you want to get away from Rome on your 3rd day. Our guide, Gyle or Kaily an Aussie was excellent and very knowledgable about Rome, wine vintage, Tuscany. Highly recommended!!!
I just wish they offer hotel pick-up.
Arrived in Rome a few days early before our Transatlantic cruise. Wanted to revisit Tuscany as we had not been there in some time. Selected Viator and were not disappointed! Had a fantastic tour guide, Peter, who was informative, punctual and had a good sense of humor. Montelpuciano was beautiful as were the wines. The countryside is spectacular and we hated to leave. Visiting the private vineyard for lunch was delightful, eating among the casks of wine, and the other villages we visited were lovely. An unexpected surprise visit to an Abbey was a highlight, as we witnessed this select group of monks deliver their Gregorian chant. The coach was very clean and comfortable as were the rest stops for coffee, espresso, etc. I would highly recommend this tour and look forward to experiencing other Viator excursions.
A great tour. We visited some beautiful sites plus a great lunch at a winery.
My son and I thoroughly enjoyed our day in Tuscany. The tour was informative, interesting, and the lunch was very delicious! We would recommend this tour.
Excellent day trip, despite its length. The guide, Peter, was very good. Enjoyed all the three hill towns. Had an amazing lunch too.