Numbers are limited to 16 people on this small-group Vatican tour, ensuring you’ll see the incredible artwork with personalized attention from your guide.
- Early-morning Vatican Museums tour with breakfast in Bramante’s Pinecone Courtyard
- Enter the world-famous Vatican before the general public set foot inside
- Enjoy an Italian-American breakfast buffet at the heart of the Vatican Museum complex
- See top Vatican sites like Raphael’s Rooms, Gallery of Maps and the Gallery of Tapestries with a guide
- Visit the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s The Last Judgement and then enter St Peter’s Basilica through a fast-track entranceway
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Visiting the Vatican is a must-do experience in Rome, but this tour is totally unique! Beat the crowds and start your tour with a breakfast right in the heart of the Vatican Museum complex.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- View from inside the VaticanPhoto by: Marie W
- Beautiful entrance to the ...Photo by: Sherry M
- Early Morning Breakfast in ...Photo by: Sherry M
- The Vatican terraces were we ...Photo by: Jose L
- Breakfast areaPhoto by: elvisrocks61
- Scott and I after our ...Photo by: seasidecarol
- Vatican Tour guide NicolasPhoto by: j.k.magarian
- St. Gregory the Illuminator - ...Photo by: j.k.magarian
- St. Peter's BasilicaPhoto by: j.k.magarian
- My Partner TerryPhoto by: Michael K
What You Can Expect
Sit down outside and dine on an Italian-American breakfast of pastries, meats, cheeses, eggs, and even pancakes – flipped in front of you by a pancake chef! Savor the food with a coffee or fresh orange juice and soak up the peaceful ambiance of the Vatican free from the crowds!
After enjoying your relaxing start to your day, your guide will lead you back inside the Vatican Museum complex for your tour. At this point, members of the public are still not allowed inside, so there will only be a few other pre-booked tour groups exploring the museum alongside your small group of 16 – giving you plenty of space to enjoy the artwork.
The Vatican Museum complex is staggeringly huge, so your guide will show off its best bits on your 2.5-hour tour. Explore the Gallery of Maps to see intricately detailed maps, and gaze at visual illusions aplenty in the Gallery of Tapestries. Marvel at Renaissance frescoes in the interconnecting chambers that comprise Raphael’s Rooms, and then get ready for the glory of the Sistine Chapel.
As the pope’s private place of worship, the Sistine Chapel echoes with a sacred ambiance, made even more special by the incredible artwork that adorns the walls and ceiling. Hear the history and theories of Michelangelo’s famous frescoes from outside, and then head inside to gaze at The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement on your own.
Your Vatican tour finishes with a skip-the-line visit to St Peter’s Basilica – the home of the Catholic Church – where more artistic treats await. Head inside via a reserved entranceway, and admire Michelangelo’s La Pieta sculpture, as well as Bernini’s Baldachino canopy, while hearing their history. You can then stay inside St Peter’s Basilica if you wish, after your tour ends.
Had an early start for this trip but well worth it. Great breakfast with eggs, pancakes and even Holy Milk. Great to get into the Vatican before the crowds. Excellent guide.
Very interesting experience. Very knowledgable guide.
The breakfast itself was pretty bad - e.g., things that should have been hot were cold. However, the guided tour of the Vatican museums was outstanding. This would not have been possible without the personalized attention of our guide with the small group.
This is a must tour when visiting the Vatican...the Breakfast was delicious and skipping the lines was GREAT!!! The tour guide was very knowledgeable and gave a great presentation! Thanks.
Nick and Pam
It's an early one but so worth it. Our tour guide kept up interested and entertained the entire time. Lots of history! and Hello!! Vatican in the misty morning fog without the huge crowdsMagical!
The tour guide was friendly and passionate about his job and telling us about the Vatican. The breakfast was delicious and the setting was amazing. Would actually do this same tour again.
A very VIP experience. The ability to access the Vatican before the crowds was priceless.
This tour was definitely worth the money to be able to get to see the Vatican with less people! Makes the experience so much more enjoyable.
Our guide was excellent! The breakfast was just OK. It was raining that day so we ate inside. The real reason we went was the tour not the breakfast so we did not mind. It was well organized and worth it to beat the lines and the crowds.
The private tour and breakfast right in the garden of the Vatican was great. Lots of walking but we were prepared. Our guide was very knowledgeable as she had a PhD in archaeology so she had info most would miss. Because it was a Wednesday the Pope was having the weekly reception so we did not see the Basilica but we had enough with what we did see. I