- 2.5-hour St Peter’s Basilica walking tour and Mosaic Studio – a Viator Exclusive!
- Skip the lines with fast-track access to St Peter's Basilica
- Walk through a private section of Vatican City on your way to the Mosaic Studio
- See how mosaics are repaired and restored at the workshop, closed to the general public
- Hear commentary by your Vatican guide via audio headset and meet the studio director
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 20 people ensures a personalized visit
- This tour cannot be booked anywhere else – don't miss out on this unforgettable experience!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Meet the local artists working on the mosaics of St Peter’s Basilica and tour the Mosaic Studio, which is not normally open to the public. A great tour for art lovers!
What You Can Expect
This was an amazing chance to meet with the director of the Mosaic Studio. He welcomed my questions and was very open in sharing information about their work, including excellent demonstrations. I even was able to see artists at work.
Wow wow wow the highlight of my holiday. After seeing the queue to get in I was glad I had booked this tour. The Basilica guide was very knowledgable and made sure we (our small group) had the best vantage point as she described the different aspects of the Basilica. What made this tour special was visiting the Vatican mosaic studio, learning all about the restoration techniques, it was so interesting. I sm still pinching myself thst I actually have met the studio director and been given such an interesting talk and tour, it was very special. Thank you.