Due to a new Vatican partnership, this tour provides VIP access through a reserved door, allowing you to skip all the lines – even the priority lines. End your tour with an after-hours private viewing of the Sistine Chapel, empty except for your group (average 10 people) and guide. Michelangelo's fresco in the Sistine Chapel – including The Creation of Adam – is considered the most influential fresco in the history of Western art. See it with no crowds, linger over every detail, and earn one-of-a-kind bragging rights for the rest of your life!
- 3-hour small-group VIP tour of the Vatican Museums including skip-the-line entry
- This tour includes exclusive access through a reserved entranceway and we guarantee you will not wait in any long lines
- Enjoy a rare, private tour of the Sistine Chapel after its doors are closed to the public
- Hear commentary from your guide inside the Sistine Chapel -- normally forbidden!
- Visit hidden corridors and secret Vatican rooms that are usually closed to the public, such as the Niccoline Chapel or the Bramante Staircase
- See top Vatican attractions like the Apollo Belvedere statue, Raphael’s Rooms, Gallery of the Candelabra and Gallery of the Tapestries
- Experience the Vatican as a VIP insider with this Viator exclusive
Recent Photos of this Tour
Nice Views!Photo by: Rick WUSA, 08 2012
Great ViewsPhoto by: Rick WUSA, 08 2012
My Daughter in the VaticanPhoto by: Barrie SUSA, 06 2012
Religious MuralsPhoto by: Barrie SUSA, 06 2012
All the GirlsPhoto by: Barrie SUSA, 06 2012
Amazing CeilingsPhoto by: Barrie SUSA, 06 2012
Statues galore!Photo by: Barrie SUSA, 06 2012
Wow!Photo by: Jeffery HUSA, 04 2013
20120917_181107_IMG_1666bPhoto by: DAVID P10 2012
20120917_155241_IMG_1510_tonem ...Photo by: DAVID P10 2012
IMG_1115Photo by: SHS61908 2012
IMG_6458Photo by: SHS61908 2012
VIP Access to Sistine Chapel!Photo by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
Inside the VaticanPhoto by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
Bramante "Staircase"Photo by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
VaticanPhoto by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
Sistine ChapelPhoto by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
Vatican Tour GuidePhoto by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
Secret parts of the VaticanPhoto by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
One of the Private RoomsPhoto by: Rick WUSA, 06 2012
Due to the nature of this special-access tour, the itinerary changes each time. Access to the secret rooms varies and is based on availability, but most tours include the impressive Bramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante), which is actually a ramp on the corner of the Pope's Palace. You’ll also most likely visit the Room of Gold (Sala degli Ori), an opulent, rarely seen room that holds a dazzling collection of papal gold jewelry and precious Etruscan jewels.
The Niccoline Chapel (Cappella Niccolina) is another secret room most likely seen during your tour. Every bit as beautiful as the Sistine Chapel, this secret room is adorned with gold brought back from Christopher Columbus' travels, and frescoes by Fra Angelico, a Renaissance painter whose mesmerizing artwork pre-dates Michelangelo's.
In addition to the closed rooms, see many of the Vatican Museums’ classic attractions. As your expert guide entertains you with tales of Vatican art, power and treachery, admire Apollo Belvedere and other renowned monuments. Visit Raphael’s Rooms, the public part of the papal apartments in the Palace of the Vatican, and stroll through the Pinecone Courtyard.
Your tour ends on a high note with private access to the Sistine Chapel for your small group. After the doors close to the public, you'll have 30 minutes inside this incredible (and empty!) chapel. Speaking is typically forbidden, but during this private experience, your guide will explain Michelangelo's stunning ceiling fresco, which depicts scenes from Genesis, and his wall fresco, The Last Judgment.
· Sistine Chapel, home to artwork by Michelangelo including The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgment
· Apollo Belvedere statue
· Lacoon statue
· Raphael's Rooms
· Pinecone Courtyard
· Gallery of Maps
· Gallery of the Candelabra
· Gallery of the Tapestries
· Chiaramonti Museum
Secret Rooms of the Vatican Museums (subject to change):
· Bramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)
· Room of Gold (Sala degli Ori)
· Niccoline Chapel (Cappella Niccolina)