Kaituna River features grade 5 rapids plus the awesome 7 meter (21 feet) Tutea Falls, the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall. Take the ultimate thrill ride on this Kaituna River white water rafting tour.
- Raft down the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world on this action-packed Kaituna River white water rafting tour from Rotorua.
- You'll be provided with 15-20 minute training and safety session
- Beginners are welcome!
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Rotorua
Most of the trip runs through a very narrow gorge with sheer rock walls clad in ferns and other native plants providing a truly stunning backdrop to this exciting tour.Although this trip provides full on action the pool drop nature of the river means it is not technically difficult so the trip is suitable for adventurous beginners. In fact around 70% of customers have never rafted before.
Around 15 - 20 minutes of training is provided prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information.
Situated in the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve the river is pool drop, meaning that every rapid is followed by calm water making it very forgiving for a grade 5 river.
You'll be provided with:
- Safety Helmets
- Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
- Spray jackets (weather dependent)
- Wetsuit Booties