- Kayak tour on Lake Rotoiti to glowworm cave and thermal hot pools, from Rotorua
- Paddle along peaceful Lake Rotoiti and learn about the abundant plant and bird life from your expert guide
- See glowworms (in the daytime!) in caves that are only accessible by kayak
- Relax in natural thermal hot pools on the shore of Lake Rotoiti with a spectacular view
- All kayak equipment and a light snack are provided
What You Can Expect
As you follow your guide along Lake Rotoiti, you’ll learn about the birds and plant life of the area and hear Maori stories about the lake. Look for the cascading native bush called pohutukawa, also known as the Christmas tree, with its spiky red flowers and green foliage. You’ll see classic vacation homes dotting the cliffs and coves of this tranquil locale.
Your guide will lead you into a lakeside cave, accessible only by kayak, where you’ll find glowworms on the walls around you. Check out their soft light as you drift along -- this is an unusual chance to see glowworms in the daytime!
Once you have exited the glowworm cave, you’ll continue your journey along the lake to the hot pool. The man-made pool is fed by natural thermal springs and accessible only by water. Enjoy a well-deserved soak in the thermal waters of this lakeside paradise, taking in the scenery as you unwind.
After about 45 minutes in the hot pool, you’ll kayak back to the launch area and be returned to the meeting point to end the tour.