- Lord of the Rings tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set from Rotorua
- Get the insider gossip on how Lord of the Rings was made
- Have your photo taken in front of one of the hobbit holes
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Hobbiton...just beautiful.Photo by: Anthony S
- Green DragonPhoto by: Glen K
- hobbit hole 3Photo by: Glen K
- Baggins Hobbit HolePhoto by: Glen K
- hobbit hole 2Photo by: Glen K
- hobbit holePhoto by: Glen K
- TreePhoto by: Glen K
- Were offPhoto by: Glen K
- Hobbiton 5Photo by: Michael A
- Hobbiton 4Photo by: Michael A
- Hobbiton 3Photo by: Michael A
- ScenicPhoto by: Michael A
- Hobbiton HomePhoto by: Michael A
- Hobbiton movie set tourPhoto by: AJAY KUMAR K
What You Can Expect
Beautiful experience, special grateful to the guide and our super bus driver with big mustache!
The tour was just the right amount of time to get the inside scoop on Hobbiton filming and see all the hobbit holes and spend time in the green dragon. Really enjoyed the tour, the bus driver Danny was great and our tour guide was fantastic as well.
Hubby and I went on this trip not expecting anything as we hadn't seen any of the movies. What a pleasant surprise it was the highlight of our trip.
Excellent tour, prompt pickup and transfer by well informed, humorous and courteous driver.
Tour guide was very knowledgeable, helpful with photographs and patient with stragglers while moving the group through the set.
The Hobbiton Movie Set was an excellent venue, much better than we expected, very good value for money and we would highly recommend it.
I loved this tour! I think I could have lived on this set it was so cute!
Our guide, Sonny was brilliant. He was only young but knew everything there was to know and even quoted some lines from the LOTR films.
At the end of the tour we were all treated to a beer in the famous Green Dragon pub!
Whether you are a huge fan of LOTR or not, the Hobbiton Movie Set Tour is well worth the time and money. The staff was energetic and entertaining and the set itself is maintained as though hobbits were really living there. Definitely should not be missed.
Watch the movie, do this trip then watch the movie again. The director and #39;s eye for detail is appreciated when the guide briefs you how they went about it.
I had an awesome time!! The day I went it was meant to rain and so it turned people off going as it was quiet there... but it was a glorious sunny day!! I did the first trip of the day option and it was perfect and the free included pint of beer/ale/alternative non-alcoholic at the end in the green dragon was a perfect finish. Thank you :
This was a great trip, Hobbit fan or not. Guide Hannah? was very knowledgable and added to the event.
You need to book in advance to ensure you get there, especially if you want to do the evening one where a meal in the Green Draggon is also part of the trip.