- Lord of the Rings tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set from Rotorua
- Get the insider gossip on how Lord of the Rings was made
- Have your photo taken in front of one of the hobbit holes
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Hobbiton...just beautiful.Photo by: Anthony S
- Green DragonPhoto by: Glen K
- hobbit hole 3Photo by: Glen K
- Baggins Hobbit HolePhoto by: Glen K
- hobbit hole 2Photo by: Glen K
- hobbit holePhoto by: Glen K
- TreePhoto by: Glen K
- Were offPhoto by: Glen K
- Hobbiton 5Photo by: Michael A
- Hobbiton 4Photo by: Michael A
- Hobbiton 3Photo by: Michael A
- ScenicPhoto by: Michael A
- Hobbiton HomePhoto by: Michael A
- Hobbiton movie set tourPhoto by: AJAY KUMAR K
What You Can Expect
Definitely one of the highlights of our trip to New Zealand. The small group was a good way to spend the day. Our guide was knowledgeable and entertaining and an excellent driver. The seats in the vehicle need new padding as our butts were sore from the bouncy splish, splashing thru the waterholes, and thru the river...the scenery was spectacular and beautiful. The opportunity to do the reenactment with Hobbit capes and hold swords on location added to the fantasy. Definitely appreciated the skill of our driver, Jenn- especially up the crazy road to Skippers Canyon. Lunch restaurant was ok. We were extra lucky because three of our group only took half day
One of the highlights of our holiday.
Teresa S Australia
Had been in 2013, was great and exciting then, this time back with 2 of my adult Children, same wonderful atmosphere, thoroughly enjoyed experience as family big LOR fans.
Amazing movie set. We loved this tour and the beer inside a Hobbit pub at the end of the tour. Tons of information about the filming and building of the set. Don't miss this tour on your visit to New Zealand.
If you are a fan of the films then this is an absolute must. It provided a transfer to and from central Rotorua. A walk through of the village and a free drink at the end.
Best tour highly recommended.
this was a very enjoyable tour, we cannot fault this tour our guides were fantastic both on the bus to Hobbiton and at Hobbiton itself
We had a very good day there we would recommend this tour
This was a great trip from start to finish. The bus driver was entertaining, the tour guide knowledgeable and patient, doing her best to keep the group together. Hobbiton is an amazingly well maintained environment, you can almost see the Hobbits. The life-like nature of this place is like nothing I have ever seen before. Thanks Viator!
It was a fantastic day. My sons really enjoyed their time wandering through Hobbiton. We only wish they had a tour that arrived just as the place opens. We had a good time sampling the ale at the Green Dragon.