- OGO ball ride in Rotorua
- Choose from three different course options for your OGO ride
- Take in views looking over Lake Rotorua and Mokoia Island with Mount Tarawera in the distance
- Get ready before and after in well-equipped changing rooms with heaters and hairdryers
- Soak in the on-site hot tubs to keep warm between rides
- Enjoy cool water in the summer and warm water in the winter to keep you comfortable during your ride
What You Can Expect
To start your adventure, your guide takes you by truck from the office to the top of the hill. Then you are briefed for your ride as the ball is put into position. When you’re ready, hop into the inner part of the OGO, your momentum pushing the ball onto its downhill course. You have a choice of two courses: a straight track or a windy track.
The staff provides a hand-held go pro camera that you can use while in the OGO so that you can record the wacky fun. It gets warm inside the OGO ball but you can dip the camera in the water to keep it from fogging up.
A large groove has been dug out of the hill to make the track for the OGO course, ensuring that the ball rolls as expected. At the bottom of the run, the ball slows to a stop on flat turf, while OGO staff catch it and position it so that the riders can slide out.
Choose from several options for the number of rides you’d like to try and the course you want to run. Bring your swimsuit and prepare to get wet on your ride—it’s all part of the fun!