- Enjoy a scenic afternoon tour filled with history and culture
- Learn about the former Maori village, destroyed during the Tarawera volcanic eruption
- See the blue and green lakes, Lake Tikitapu and Lake Rotokakahi
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 passengers allowing a unique and intimate experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What You Can Expect
Next, visit Rotorua’s Government Gardens situated on the lake's edge. You will learn more about the Maori history and customsimportance to local Maori people.
Finish the day with a visit to the pristine and tranquil lakes of our amazing volcanic region, Lake Okareka, the Blue and Green lakes including views of the volcano and Lake Tarawera with interpretation.
I was lucky enough to have an individual tour - as I was the only one booked in! The Tour Guide was amazing. He took me to see the small indiginous villages, telling me local stories all the while. We saw the rest of Rotorua township then visited Te Paui, where my guide showed me everything there was to see there, providing a wonderful commentry. At the conclusion, I was dropped back at my hotel.