Tour Rotorua's most popular geothermal parks and colorful lakes on a day trip led by a local naturalist guide. You'll see the Lady Knox Geyser erupt, visit the Lake Tarawera lookout and see boiling mud pools and hot springs at Wai-O-Tapu. Along the way, you'll learn all about volcanology, New Zealand's stunning flora and fauna, and Maori history from your naturalist guide.
- Day trip to Rotorua's geysers, mud pools, volcanoes and lakes
- Boiling mud pools and hot springs at Wai-O-Tapu
- Eruption of Lady Knox Geyser
- Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) and Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake)
- All attractions fully guided and commentated by local naturalist guide
- Pickup and drop off from centrally located Rotorua hotels
- Traveling in a small group, maximum 12 passengers allowing a unique and intimate experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
Lake TaraweraPhoto by: David CAustralia, 04 2009
Mud PoolsPhoto by: David CAustralia, 04 2009
Champage PoolPhoto by: David CAustralia, 04 2009
Lady Knox Geyser eruptingPhoto by: David CAustralia, 04 2009
Frying Pan LakePhoto by: David CAustralia, 04 2009
waterfallPhoto by: David CAustralia, 04 2009
Your day trip takes you through forestry and farmland to New Zealand's largest boiling mud pool and a series of colorful hot springs at Wai-O-Tapu. After seeing the Lady Knox geyser erupt, you'll take a short drive to the Waimangu volcanic valley, where your guide will tell you about the Mt Tarawera eruption which blew open this spectacular, bush-covered, geothermal park.
Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake) and Lake Rotokakahi (Green Lake) are amazingly clear and colorful lakes, and their gorgeous scenery make them a favorite stop for visitors. You'll also visit the Buried Village, the site of a Maori village that was destroyed during the Tarawera volcanic eruption. You'll then take a walk through beautiful native bush to a waterfall and the Lake Tarawera lookout.