- River rafting and zipline combo tour from Salta
- Enjoy views of the beautiful Juramento River Canyon both from the water and the air
- Raft down the Juramento River with an experienced guide, and learn how to navigate Class II and III rapids
- Soar through the treetop canopy on a 4-wire zipline tour
- Look for native birds like condors, eagles and herons
- Admire views of Cabra Corral Dam on the drive from Salta
- Argentine lunch of BBQ meats and salad included
What You Can Expect
Enter the Juramento River Canyon and reach the rafting base, where you’ll start your 2.5-hour rafting tour. Listen to your guide’s instructions and safety tips for rafting down the river, and then grab your provided equipment (helmet, gloves, waterproof jacket, paddle and life vest) and hop in your raft. Push off from the riverbank and begin your journey through rapids of the Juramento River.
Pass through about 12 sets of Class II and Class III rapids, learning how to navigate them from your experienced guide. Between rapids, look around at the stunning scenery of the canyon, framed by mountains.
After 7.5 miles (12 km) of rafting, pull up on shore and return to the base by vehicle for your 1-hour break for lunch. Change into dry clothes, and then dig into your delicious Argentine BBQ lunch of grilled sausages and other meats, salad and juice. (There is a bar at the base where you can purchase additional drinks, as well as ice cream, if you wish.)
When you’ve finished eating, work off your lunch by following your guide on a 20-minute hike up to the canopy area for your 1.5-hour zipline tour. Strap on your provided helmet and harness, and climb up to the first platform for gorgeous views of the river and canyon below. Then zoom across the 655-foot-high (200-meter) zipline, enjoying the feel of flying through the air above the river. Cross over the water on three more lines, the longest of which is 1,970 feet (600 meters), and pause at each platform to soak up the views and look for native birds like condors, eagles, herons and parrots.