- Half-day tour from Salzburg to the Eagle’s Nest
- Admire the alpine scenery as you travel from Austria to Bavaria
- Pass Hellbrunn Castle and the Königsee River Valley
- Travel up to the Eagle’s Nest by shuttle bus and elevator
- Enjoy a skip-the-line Eagle’s Nest tour with a knowledgeable guide
- Learn all about the Hitler’s former retreat as you explore
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Eagles Nest in Berchtesgaden ...Photo by: alan g
United Kingdom, 08 2012
- Maya_Austria_0500_Bavaria_Eagl ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Above the clouds at Eagles ...Photo by: Robert B
- A little snow at Eagles NestPhoto by: Robert B
- Clouds and RainPhoto by: Kathleen H
- The Eagle's NestPhoto by: Terence T
- god tur, søde fuglePhoto by: Bente N
- Panorama of terracePhoto by: Emma L
- Outside terrace area covered ...Photo by: Emma L
- Maya_Austria_0489_BavariaPhoto by: Anonymous
- Maya_Austria_0510_Bavaria_Eagl ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Eagle's NestPhoto by: ksc
- IMG_0719Photo by: ksc
- IMG_0703Photo by: ksc
- The tunnel leading to the ...Photo by: Teresa M
Canada, 08 2010
What You Can Expect
Arrive at the mountainside hamlet of Obersalzburg. Snake up the scenic road on a brief shuttle ride, passing the mountain of Hoher Göll. Then, debark and step inside a World War II-era elevator made from brass, which once transported Hitler’s guests to the Eagle’s Nest. At the top, bypass the crowds with a direct access ticket and enter the complex.
Built for Hitler’s 50th birthday, wander the site with your guide, learning the history behind it as you go. Soak up the incredible views as you look out from a perch of some 5,000 feet (1,524 meters) above ground.
Afterward, visit the charming town of Berchtesgaden to explore independently and purchase lunch. Your half-day excursion will conclude with drop-off at your original departure point in Salzburg.
This was a good trip to see Hitler's Eagles nest, and the beautiful countryside. We stopped in a little town, Betchsgaden and had an authentic german meal, that was reasonable, and tasty. It snowed on us due to the high elevation, but that did not ruin the trip.
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Value for money and a historic place to visit. The tour guide was brilliant, witty and very humorous as well as very informative. Great tour coach with beautiful scenery. Highly Recommended.
We enjoyed this tour and enjoyed how little time we had to spend in the bus. Our guide, Walter, was good and knowledgeable. This is a very worthwhile tour.
This was one of the highlights of our Salzburg visit. This tour is excellent. Our tour guide was fantastic...she explained everything about the Eagle's Nest on the way up and gave us some tips which made the tour even more special. The bus was also extremely clean and comfortable. The Eagle's Nest should not be missed. What was really a bonus was the stop in a very cool small town on the way back so we could have lunch.
Excellent tour on a sunny day.
Day we went was foggy and overcast, which required a second visit to see the views.
Visited Berchtesgaden as a supplement because of weather.
Incredible. It was my highlight of our trip to Germany and Austria. The views from the Eagle's Nest were breathtaking. The tour was definitely the way to go. We got on the buses up to the elevator and the elevator immediately without waiting in line.
Walter was an exceptional tour guide with many interesting anecdotes about the area and the Eagle's Nest. Even though the tour had been snowed out the day before, it reopened the day of our tour and we were above the cloud line at the Eagle's Nest. Still got to see the major peaks and had an early taste of winter. They were very accommodating and even let a couple of people get off at the Untersberg cable car station on the way back into Salzberg.
Breathtaking views, wonderful tour guides. Well worth every moment! My husband had wanted to see this area all of his life, and this tour did not disappoint.
fantastic views on a clear day, would've like to have seen the bunkers, I think the centre and access to bunkers should be added to the tour
Awesome trip to eagles nest. only down side is that we had only 1 hours to view and take photos at the place. other than that cannot be missed.