- 1-hour Salzburg city sightseeing tour with a knowledgeable guide
- See major Salzburg attractions like the Mozarteum, Mozart's birthplace and residence, and Fortress Hohensalzburg
- Explore the city’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and admire Salzburg Cathedral
- Visit locations where scenes from The Sound of Music were filmed, such as Mirabell Palace
- Enjoy coffee and cake on the panoramic terrace of Restaurant M32 (included)
Next, discover some sites related to Salzburg’s most famous resident, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. First up is the Mozarteum, one of the best music schools in the world and one which attracts thousands of students each year. Then head to the house where Mozart was born in 1756 and where he lived with his family.
Continue your tour into Salzburg’s Baroque Old Town, with its beautiful Salzburg Cathedral and the festival quarter, where two festival halls become home to thousands of opera fans during the Salzburg Festival every summer.
More film sites from The Sound of Music are up next: pass by the Rock Riding School where Captain von Trapp sang ‘Edelweiss’ while the family began their escape; Nonnberg Abbey, where Maria was planning to become a nun; and Schloss Leopoldskron, a palace on whose grounds many of the outdoor scenes of the Von Trapp family home were filmed.
Finally, your tour ends at Restaurant M32, where you’ll sit down to a hot cup of coffee and piece of cake on its panoramic terrace. While you eat, enjoy splendid views over Salzburg, admiring Fortress Hohensalzburg and soaking up the atmosphere of this fairytale-like city.
Reviewed by Robyn S, September 2012
Gives a good overview of beautiful Salzburg and its environs, good commentary and comfortable minibus. The optional afternoon tea is worth it for the view alone.
Reviewed by Tina C, April 2012
Great quick whistle-stop tour of the city with personal guide and minibus, all on time, just wish we had stayed there for longer!