- Private tour of Austrian Lake District (Salzkammergut) from Salzburg
- Enjoy amazing views of some of Austria's most breathtaking lakes including Wolfgangsee and Mondsee
- See the setting of the play and movie White Horse Inn and the Gothic winged altar at the church in St Wolfgang
- Take a boat ride across Wolfgangsee in the summer and enjoy coffee and cake at the White Horse Inn the rest of the year
- Private tour ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I love the picture-postcard scenery on this tour of the Lake District. The boat trip across Wolfgangsee was my personal highlight!
What You Can Expect
Pass Fuschlsee (Lake Fuschl) and admire Schloss Fuschl, the gorgeous castle-like hotel on its banks. Next, visit the historic village of St Wolfgang, a small but picturesque market town on the shores of Wolfgangsee, one of Austria's most famous lakes. Visit the church to marvel at the winged Gothic altar by 15th-century Austrian sculptor Michael Pacher, and stop by the White Horse Inn, the setting for a well-known musical comedy about a waiter with an unrequited love for the owner of the inn.
From October through April, enjoy coffee and cake at the White Horse Inn with its lovely views of Wolfgangsee. In the summer, take a relaxing boat ride across Wolfgangsee to St Gilgen, a small idyllic village where Mozart's mother was born. On the way, admire stunning views of the mountains Schafberg and Zwölferhorn.
Head back toward Salzburg, taking in marvelous views of Mondsee. Since your tour is private, you can ask the guide about including other area attractions you'd like to see and take your time admiring the fantastic scenery. Your half-day trip through one of Austria's most beautiful regions concludes with drop-off at your Salzburg hotel.