- Eagle’s Nest and Bavarian Alps private tour from Salzburg
- Travel across the old Austrian-German border into Bavaria to reach Obersalzberg, the site of Hitler’s residential complex
- Ride up the steep mountain in a specially equipped coach to reach the Eagle’s Nest
- Take a lavishly decorated elevator up to the Eagle’s Nest for phenomenal views of the Alps
- Make a brief stop in Berchtesgaden, another historically significant World War II site
- Private tour allows greater flexibility and ensures more individualized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Arrive at Obersalzberg, the site of Hitler’s residential complex. After venturing up the mountain road, travel by foot through a long tunnel to reach an elevator lined with mirrors, leather and brass, and built into the mountain during World War II. Step inside and soar up into the Eagle’s Nest.
Boasting an elevation of 6,017 feet (1,834 meters), the retreat was rarely used by Hitler and today is famous for its stunning views. Wander the property and the summit of Obersalzberg to overlook the snowy landscape of the Bavarian and Austrian Alps. While you take photos and admire the scenery, your guide will provide insightful commentary regarding the site.
Afterward, visit Berchtesgaden, a historic town dating back to 1102 and the former outpost of the Third Reich. Today the recreational spot is lovely to explore, and you’ll have just under an hour to wander, relax and purchase lunch.
Your private tour will conclude with transportation back to your hotel in Salzburg.
We had a very good time. Our guide, Lisa, was very knowledgable and fun to be with.
Excellent guide , courteous , informative who made the trip highly successful
The view you get from being up here is unbelievable. Our guide was the best.
This tour was amazing!
Trip was awesome! Our guide was wonderful and had a lot of extra info and history to tell us
Our tour guide was awesome. Very informative. We had the most amazing weather and could see all the way to Salzburg from Eagle's Nest. We stopped in a cute little town for a great lunch and a few beers. Such a great experience!
A beautiful ride to such a historic site
Andreas was our guide and the best! Loved this day and all he did. My husband even left something in in car! And Andreas later delivered it to our hotel. Love the private tour, had its advantages.
Good tour. Guide was very knowledgeable. Recommend it.
Great Alpine views from this spot! We went on a perfect sunny day without clouds and saw the beautiful Bavarian countryside. The history was also quite interesting to hear. Tour guide was excellent.