- Private highlights tour of Salzburg
- Admire famous landmarks including Mirabell Palace, Salzburg Cathedral and the Mozart Residence
- See filming locations from The Sound of Music such as the grounds near Schloss Leopoldskron
- Learn about Salzburg’s history and culture from your informative guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departures
- Private tour limited to eight people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I love this tour -- it's ideal for anyone short on time! In just two hours you get an excellent overview of the city. And since it's a private tour, you get your guide's full attention. Be sure to ask for some restaurant recommendations!
What You Can Expect
Pass Mirabell Palace, and spot the gardens where Maria and the children famously sang ‘Do-Re-Mi’ in The Sound of Music. Continue to Salzburg’s historic Old Town to see St Peter’s Abbey, the Benedictine monastery dating back to the 696, and the Baroque Salzburg Cathedral, the site of Mozart’s baptism.
Afterward, pass the stately structures of Schloss Leopoldskron, Frohnburg Palace and Hellbrunn Palace, all featured in The Sound of Music. You’ll also see the historic Nonnberg Abbey, where Maria von Trapp, whose life The Sound of Music was based on, was a postulant. Top off your trip with a glimpse at Mozart’s House, the former abode of the city’s most famous resident.
Since this tour is private, you are welcome to customize your itinerary around your interests. Your sightseeing excursion will conclude with drop-off back at your hotel.
This is the perfect tour to start any visit to Salzburg. Our driver was great as we explored all areas of this magnificent city. Wonderful. Highly recommend
Excellent Service !
The tour could have been better primarily due to the rain. It poured through most of the tour. Despite the weather Thomas provided an interesting van tour of Salzburg. He provided a balance of Sound of Music and Salzburg history.
Would have liked to have walked a little more with Lisa, but again we thought she was delightful.. A very knowledgable guide.