This private tour is limited to eight people for a more intimate experience.
- Private highlights tour of Salzburg
- Admire famous landmarks including Mirabell Palace, Salzburg Cathedral and the Mozart Residence
- See filming locations from The Sound of Music such as the grounds near Schloss Leopoldskron
- Learn about Salzburg’s history and culture from your informative guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departures
- Private tour limited to eight people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I love this tour -- it's ideal for anyone short on time! In just two hours you get an excellent overview of the city. And since it's a private tour, you get your guide's full attention. Be sure to ask for some restaurant recommendations!
What You Can Expect
Pass Mirabell Palace, the city seat of government, and its gorgeous gardens, which were featured in the beloved film The Sound of Music. Continue to Old Town (Alstadt) and see the two festival halls that draw thousands of opera fans during the annual summer Salzburg Festival. Admire St Peter's Abbey, a Benedectine monastery dating back to the year 696, and Salzburg Cathedral, a stately Baroque cathedral where composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was baptized.
Next, marvel at three magnificent palaces -- Frohnburg Palace, Hellbrunn Palace and Schloss Leopoldskron -- all of which are connected to scenes from The Sound of Music. Make sure to also capture photos of Nonnberg Abbey, the majestic abbey where Maria Augusta Kutschera -- whose life story The Sound of Music was based on -- was a postulant. On your way back to your hotel, pass the Mozart Residence (Mozart Wohnhaus), where the legendary composer wrote many of his masterpieces.
Feel free to ask your guide to adjust this itinerary to suit your preferences. At the conclusion of your 2-hour private tour of Salzburg, you'll have seen many of the city's don't-miss sights and have a better idea of where you'd like to spend more time.