- Salzburg Super Saver tour to Eagle's Nest and the salt mines
- Combo package gives you a full day of sightseeing in the Bavarian Alps!
- Visit the Obersalzberg, Königsee and the town of Berchtesgaden
- See the Eagle's Nest, the remains of Hitler's mountain retreat
- Enjoy amazing panoramic views of the Salzburg area and the Bavarian Alps
- Dress up in miner's clothing and descend into the 450-year-old salt mines
Leave Salzburg behind on a comfortable coach with your guide, and begin your day trip by journeying through the Bavarian Alps and along the King’s Lake River. Pass Untersberg Mountain, full of legend and myth, and enter Germany via an old border crossing. After traveling through the alpine valley and passing scenic farmhouses, you will reach the foot of the Obersalzberg, a mountainside complex that is home to the Eagle’s Nest.
From here, hop on a special coach that will take you to the WWII-era brass elevator, which then whisks you up to the Eagle’s Nest, perched on top of the mountain. Enjoy magnificent views of the towering snowcapped peaks of the Bavarian Alps and the surrounding countryside. It is a short walk from here to the cross on the summit of the Obersalzberg.
You’ll have 45 minutes of free time at the Eagle’s Nest to have lunch in one of the restaurants around (own expense).
Part two of your Super Saver tour begins after lunch. Below Obersalzberg are the 450-year-old salt mines. Walk in miners’ footsteps as you don a traditional mining outfit and descend into the grottos. Hear fascinating tales and learn interesting facts about this underground world from your guide, and then end your mining adventure with a raft sail on the salt lake and a train trip around the lake.
Your tour continues to Königssee (King’s Lake), a lake nestled among the imposing mountains. Stop for a photo opportunity and enjoy some free time to visit the surroundings before heading to the picturesque Bavarian village of Berchtesgaden. Have a little free time to wander along the charming streets before returning to Salzburg.