Save up to 15% when you book two of our most popular tours together in this combo package!
- Picturesque drive through the Bavarian mountains
- Exhilirating slide down to the magical mine grottos
- Fascinating tales of the salt mines' history
- The Sound of Music convent at Nonnberg Abbey
- Visit the famous Sound of Music gazebo
- Experience magnificent lake and mountain scenery of the Salzkammergut
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The Gazebo where the Captain ...Photo by: Marilyn B
- huge sale rockPhoto by: eduardo
- Lake during the and ...Photo by: Kerry M
- Wolfgangsee LakePhoto by: Heather M
- Captain von Trapp's HousePhoto by: Heather M
- A view from the castlePhoto by: toddschram
USA, 07 2013
- the churchPhoto by: eduardo
- The church where The song of ...Photo by: Melinawati S
Netherlands, 09 2011
- Where the sound of music film ...Photo by: Melinawati S
Netherlands, 09 2011
- IMG_1826Photo by: anagodinho
Portugal, 08 2011
- IMG_9011Photo by: anthony g
- IMG_9018Photo by: anthony g
- DSCN3370Photo by: Aqtar U
- DSCN3380Photo by: Aqtar U
- DSCN3299Photo by: Aqtar U
- DSCN3359Photo by: Aqtar U
- DSCN3406Photo by: Aqtar U
- The Mine SuitsPhoto by: Melissa Ann S
USA, 10 2009
- Lake view on the tour.Photo by: Melissa Ann S
USA, 10 2009
- The ChurchPhoto by: Melissa Ann S
USA, 10 2009
What You Can Expect
Your day tour will depart from central Salzburg, where you’ll meet up with your guide and venture by coach to the Alpenstrasse, traveling along the King's Lake River .
After a scenic drive, arrive at the salt mines and step into authentic miners' gear. As you enter, learn the history and local lore buried deep within this 450-year-old underground world. Travel down to the grottos on the same slides used by the miners and enjoy a thrilling descent! Explore the hidden terrain with a raft sail across the famous salt lake before making your way back up to the surface.
Original Sound of Music Tour
After your adventure in the salt mines, take off on your Sound of Music tour. Led by an expert guide, re-live your favorite scenes with stops at Mondsee to see the wedding church, as well as the Mirabell Gardens, the famous place where the children sang ‘Do-Re-Mi’ with Maria.
As you drive from each location, sing along to the celebrated songs from the film, including 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen,' 'Edelweiss' and the cherished classic 'The Sound of Music'. You’ll also have a chance to learn more about Salzburg’s rich history and architectural gems while you sightsee, and enjoy views of the stunning lake district.
Great! Amazing Tour GuideSonia and Drive. 200 enjoyed the Sound of music tour!! Love it!
Two separate tours. Exceptional guide for the Sound of Music Tour. She was a doll with a great sense of humor. All of the sights in the movie are on the tour.
Different story with the Salt Mines tour leader. The guide consistently said 'Ya' and was not as friendly as one would expect. The Salt Mine Tour was a learning experience but if you only have a few days in Salzburg I would skip the Salt Mines Trip
Our guides got both tours were fantastic! The salt mine tour worth every penny ! We both had a great time
Our only suggestion would be to give a little more time in the towns that we allowed to get off in! We felt hurried to use the restroom, get something to drink and look around.
This combo tour was the perfect combination for me and my teen daughter. We did the salt mines first. The scenery on the drive was beautiful and the tour of the mines was fun! We took fun photos in the goofy mining clothes. Our afternoon on the Sound of Music tour was a super highlight of our trip! I was happy to find that most of the tour spots were reached by bus, visiting spots we couldn't get to by just walking around Salzburg. Incredible scenery past lakes and mountains! Our guide was super knowledgeable and entertaining too.. A few movie myths got busted as we walked through iconic movie scenes and got all the photos we wanted. We had fun singing along to the sound track on the bus too. And yes, we enjoyed learning about the real Von Trapp family too. If your not already a super-fan of the movie, you should be sure to watch it shortly before your tour... the scenes really come alive... with the sound of music! LOVED IT!
Loved both tours of the Salt Mines and the Sound of Music. Would highly recommend both!! Thanks to Viator for offering both these tours.
This tour was amazing!
Great day in spite of the train.
The salt mine tour was fantastic,
The Sound of Music is just average.
Definitely a must, the tour bus was full, the tour guide was great witty and so knowledgable. Fantastic afternoon
Great trip to the salt mines, ended up being my family of 4 plus another couple which was just like a private tour. Salt mines were great. Sound of Music tour was also fantastic made even more interesting by our wonderful host - beware though - lots of singing on the bus followed by jocular hilarity!!! A great day.
$106.74 Save $16.24