- The Sound of Music filming locations tour in Salzburg
- See the beautiful locations where scenes from the movie were filmed
- Listen to the soundtrack and sing along to famous songs
- Visit the gazebo where 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' was shot
- Free time in Mondsee, location of Maria and Captain Von Trapp's wedding
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Taken at Mondsee . . .Photo by: Alvin Q
- Leopoldskron Palace - the ...Photo by: Jonathan C
- Bea voelt zich hier MariaPhoto by: Cornelia v
- DSC07289Photo by: Gina B A
- My wife Susan outside the ...Photo by: Stephen J
- The Gazebo!Photo by: Kathleen A N
- The Sound of Music coachPhoto by: Glenda P
Australia, 05 2016
- The back of the house from ...Photo by: Aleksandrs J
- DO RE MI FountainPhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- You are 16 gazeeboPhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- Wolfgan LakePhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- The bus!Photo by: Aleksandrs J
- Max the Dog at Hellbrun CastlePhoto by: Derek K
- MondseePhoto by: Marichris
- Mirabell Gardens in SalzburgPhoto by: Marichris
- StatuesPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- GazeboPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- ChurchPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mansion by the lakePhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mountain lakePhoto by: BEVERLEY
What You Can Expect
Continue to the charming town of Mondsee, where you will have free time to explore the setting of the film’s wedding at the Mondsee Cathedral. Wander the streets at your leisure, stopping for a delicious slice of crisp apple strudel or perusing the local shops.
Your tour will conclude with drop-off at your original departure point in central Salzburg.
The Sound of Music Film Locations in Salzburg:
- Mirabell Gardens - The Mirabell Gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi.'
- Leopoldskron Castle - The front side of the castle was used as the Trapp family home, the children were boating on the Leopoldskron Lake and fell into the water. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
- Hellbrunn Castle - This hunting castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. In the gardens the glass pavillion was reconstructed for the pleasure of those fans still returning after 30 years.
- Nonnberg Abbey - Nonnberg Abbey is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria was a novice there. The baron and Maria were married here in 1927. The scenes for the movie made here include the opening with the nuns going to Mass and Maria coming too late.
- St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang - Scenery shown at the beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
- Wedding Church Mondsee - Mondsee Cathedral was used as the location for Maria and the Baron's wedding in the film.
Please note: The coach will visit all film locations listed above. You will get off the bus at Leopoldskron Castle, Hellbrunn Castle, St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang and Mondsee.
The tour was amazing! The guide was knowledgeable and very funny. We had a really great time during the tour. The tour is worth, even if you are not a fun of the movie - the scenery is breath taken.
Fabulous tour!! Peter, our tour guide, was amazing! So entertaining!! He shared a lot of information about The Sound of Music in a very humorous way plus he gave us a lovely and informative tour of the Lakes area of Austria and general information about Munich. Fabulous day!
Great tour Peter our guide was wonderful, got the bus going with songs and laughter. A must do while in Salzburg easy to get to and very organised tour company.
curlylangdongirl United States of ...
Loved it! So informative! Loved going to all the SOM film locations!
First of all, we had our days mixed up, but were able to take the tour a day early! Thank you! The tour guide was very entertaining. It was a great tour in spite of a downpour as we returned to Salzburg.
We had a great time. The trip was nothing short of what we expected and the guide was knowledgeable and funny
Fantastic trip, great commentator and even though it was raining we saw all the sights. Highly recommend the tour
The tour was well organised and our guide was able to give us plenty of information. It was lovely to be able to see the places from the film from the comfort of the coach, but also have the chance to explore a little when we stopped.
Peter our guide was amazing
Tour was worh it and very convenient for tourists like us with a short stay in Salzburg. Also, I and #39;d like to commend our tour guide Peter for being one of the most entertaining and brilliant guides I and #39;ve met in my Eurotrip so far. He and #39;s a star! :)