- The Sound of Music filming locations tour in Salzburg
- See the beautiful locations where scenes from the movie were filmed
- Listen to the soundtrack and sing along to famous songs
- Visit the gazebo where 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' was shot
- Free time in Mondsee, location of Maria and Captain Von Trapp's wedding
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Taken at Mondsee . . .Photo by: Alvin Q
- Leopoldskron Palace - the ...Photo by: Jonathan C
- Bea voelt zich hier MariaPhoto by: Cornelia v
- DSC07289Photo by: Gina B A
- The Sound of Music coachPhoto by: Glenda P
Australia, 05 2016
- The back of the house from ...Photo by: Aleksandrs J
- DO RE MI FountainPhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- You are 16 gazeeboPhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- Wolfgan LakePhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- The bus!Photo by: Aleksandrs J
- Max the Dog at Hellbrun CastlePhoto by: Derek K
- MondseePhoto by: Marichris
- Mirabell Gardens in SalzburgPhoto by: Marichris
- StatuesPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- GazeboPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- ChurchPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mansion by the lakePhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mountain lakePhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Beautiful SalzburgPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mountain panoramaPhoto by: P V
What You Can Expect
Continue to the charming town of Mondsee, where you will have free time to explore the setting of the film’s wedding at the Mondsee Cathedral. Wander the streets at your leisure, stopping for a delicious slice of crisp apple strudel or perusing the local shops.
Your tour will conclude with drop-off at your original departure point in central Salzburg.
The Sound of Music Film Locations in Salzburg:
- Mirabell Gardens - The Mirabell Gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi.'
- Leopoldskron Castle - The front side of the castle was used as the Trapp family home, the children were boating on the Leopoldskron Lake and fell into the water. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
- Hellbrunn Castle - This hunting castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. In the gardens the glass pavillion was reconstructed for the pleasure of those fans still returning after 30 years.
- Nonnberg Abbey - Nonnberg Abbey is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria was a novice there. The baron and Maria were married here in 1927. The scenes for the movie made here include the opening with the nuns going to Mass and Maria coming too late.
- St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang - Scenery shown at the beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
- Wedding Church Mondsee - Mondsee Cathedral was used as the location for Maria and the Baron's wedding in the film.
Please note: The coach will visit all film locations listed above. You will get off the bus at Leopoldskron Castle, Hellbrunn Castle, St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang and Mondsee.
Carissa E Australia
For a SOM fan this tour is a must!! My husband even enjoyed himself with the humour and jokes of our wonderful guide.. As well as seeing all the Sound of Music tour highlights, it is a wonderful way to see Salzburg and the Lakes District :-
Saw every parti f the Sound of Music that is relevant and every part of Salzburg that is worth seeing!
To actually visit the area where the movie was made was very exciting.'
Our guide really made the afternoon.
A must if visiting Salzburg.
Glenda P Australia
A must do tour when visiting Salzburg. Our tour guide Peter will make you laugh as he explains the history to the movie The Sound of Music
Our tour guide was so wonderful. I am a female 20-something, college-student, traveling by myself and I had the best time. The sound of music is one of my favorite movies! I loved all the places they took us, the behind the scenes clips they showed on the way back, the tour guide who sang some of the songs playing on the trip with us, and the jokes along the way, Worth every penny!
The only thing is I wish they stopped so we could the front of the Vonn Trappe Villa from the movie and walk around it. I know this is hard because you can't stop on the busy road. Otherwise, a great time! I would go again!
really enjoyed our trip from start to finish. had a super guide great fun and not over the top.very easy to ask him questions. Scenery beautiful well worth doing it.
Outstanding. Beautiful scenery and great guide. He was interesting and funny
Highly Recomended!!!!!!!!!!!! Entertainer, marvelous, incredible!!!!!!!!! a must!!!!!!!
Super and colorfull Views of Outside Salzburg.
Nice weather, beautiful scene and wonderful tour guide!!
It was an absolutely delightful tour. The Tour Guide and driver were both phenomenal! Seeing where scenes from the movie were shot was great but learning about some of the history in Salzburg and other regions in Austria was an added bonus.