- The Sound of Music filming locations tour in Salzburg
- See the beautiful locations where scenes from the movie were filmed
- Listen to the soundtrack and sing along to famous songs
- Visit the gazebo where 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' was shot
- Free time in Mondsee, location of Maria and Captain Von Trapp's wedding
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Taken at Mondsee . . .Photo by: Alvin Q
- Leopoldskron Palace - the ...Photo by: Jonathan C
- Bea voelt zich hier MariaPhoto by: Cornelia v
- DSC07289Photo by: Gina B A
- The back of the house from ...Photo by: Aleksandrs J
- DO RE MI FountainPhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- You are 16 gazeeboPhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- Wolfgan LakePhoto by: Aleksandrs J
- The bus!Photo by: Aleksandrs J
- Max the Dog at Hellbrun CastlePhoto by: Derek K
- MondseePhoto by: Marichris
- Mirabell Gardens in SalzburgPhoto by: Marichris
- StatuesPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- GazeboPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- ChurchPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mansion by the lakePhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mountain lakePhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Beautiful SalzburgPhoto by: BEVERLEY
- Mountain panoramaPhoto by: P V
- The GazeboPhoto by: Edward S
What You Can Expect
The Sound of Music Film Locations in Salzburg:
- Mirabell Gardens - The Mirabell Gardens were laid out in the 18th century. Maria and the children were seen dancing around the statue of Pegasus, the winged horse, and throughout the gardens singing 'Do-Re-Mi.'
- Leopoldskron Castle - The front side of the castle was used as the Trapp family home, the children were boating on the Leopoldskron Lake and fell into the water. The Venetian room was copied from the castle and used as the ballroom.
- Hellbrunn Castle - This hunting castle was built in the early 17th century by Prince-Archbishop Markus Sittikus. In the gardens the glass pavillion was reconstructed for the pleasure of those fans still returning after 30 years.
- Nonnberg Abbey - Nonnberg Abbey is the oldest convent in the German speaking part of Europe. Maria was a novice there. The baron and Maria were married here in 1927. The scenes for the movie made here include the opening with the nuns going to Mass and Maria coming too late.
- St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang - Scenery shown at the beginning of the movie was filmed at Lake Fuschl on the way to St Gilgen. Like the Mozart family, visitors from all over the world appreciate the beautiful village in the Salzkammergut.
- Wedding Church Mondsee - Mondsee Cathedral was used as the location for Maria and the Baron's wedding in the film.
Please note: The coach will visit all film locations listed above. You will get off the bus at Leopoldskron Castle, Hellbrunn Castle, St Gilgen and Lake Wolfgang and Mondsee.
Tour was excellent ,made perfect by the guide Dave his knowledge of the tour was perfect .
would recommend this tour to all Sound of Music fans when visiting beautiful Salzburg. David and Matteus, our tour guide and driver, were very funny and informative. Despite the fog we experienced throughout the tour, it still was worthwhile.
BabyBluesMomof4 United States of ...
We met our tour guide, David, in the Salzburg square. He took our large group, on a bus, around to all the places in Salzburg, plus the Lake and Mountain district of Salzburg, and the town of Mondsee, where the wedding was filmed, at the Mondsee Cathedral. The tour was extremely informative, delightful, funny at times, and you could tell David really enjoyed explaining all about this wonderful movie and period in history. I would highly recommend Viator for this tour.
Excellent - well worth doing
Excellent and highly entertaining. Peter,our tour guide was outstanding . He was knowledgeable and very funny with his fascinating anecdotes. To top the vast array of film locations, there is the breathtaking scenery and even a stop for strudel. If you like to sing ,you can even join in the sing a long ......Doh a deer .... We think that in Salzburg ,the tour was one of our favourite things !
Marie M USA
This was a great tour, fun , exciting, with the right amount of cheese. The only down side to this tour is that now that I know all the secrets to the film I will never look at it the same way again. Thanks for blowing the illusion!
We had a fabulous time. Our tour guide and driver were so much fun and made the trip that much more enjoyable! Definitely recommend.
My family really enjoyed this tour. It was well organized, the guide was really friendly and professional.
I wanted to take this tour for many years and finally got to Salzburg between Christmas and New Years. The tour exceeded all of my expectations. It was one of the best tours I have ever taken anywhere. The guide was knowledgeable and she made the whole experience a lot of fun. I highly recommend the tour to anyone who has seen the movie. When I returned home I watched the movie again with a whole new feeling of excitement having seen the sites where it was made.
AMAZING! The tour guide was amazing, her information was clear and funny and we enjoyed listening to her, and the sites where amazing, we got to see so many different sound of music locations, defiantly recommend this tour