- Private Tour of The Sound of Music film locations in Salzburg and Salzkammergut
- Start your day with breakfast inside Schloss Leopoldskron on this Viator Exclusive
- See the gazebo at Schloss Hellbrunn, where the lovesick Liesl von Trapp sang 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen'
- Take a tour of Villa Trapp in Aigen and hear the history of the real-life Von Trapp family, around whom the film was based
- Visit the Austrian Lake District of Salzkammergut, stopping for photos at the Sound of Music Wedding Church Mondsee
- This tour cannot be booked anywhere else – don’t miss out on this unforgettable experience!
What You Can Expect
After breakfast, hop back inside your minivan and relax on the 20-minute journey to Schloss Hellbrunn – an Italianate 17th-century palace -- while your guide regales you with the history of the Von Trapp family. Hear about Liesl von Trapp and then see Schloss Hellbrunn’s gazebo where she famously sang 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' with the dashing messenger, Rolf.
Hit the road again and travel to the Salzburg neighborhood of Aigen. While not featured in the film, the town was home to the real-life Von Trapp family, around whom the much-loved story was based. Head inside Villa Trapp for your tour, seeing the rooms where the Von Trapp family choir would rehearse. Hear of Heinrich Himmler, the feared Nazi, who later used the villa as his summer vacation home, and learn of its use today as a family-run guesthouse.
Leave the city and travel to Salzkammergut, a breathtaking region typified by Alpine lakes, scenic valleys and mountain landscapes. Stop for photos in the sleepy mountain town of St Gilgen, posing in front of the Schafbergbahn – the mountain railway that was used in the film – and then continue to Mondsee. The star attraction of the pretty lakeside town is the 'Sound of Music Wedding Church' Mondsee – a distinctive yellow-fronted church that achieved fame as the Sound of Music's wedding scene.
After roughly one hour in Mondsee, return to your minibus and relax on the journey back to central Salzburg, finishing your tour at your hotel.
We would like to thank Natasha for an a very informative and entertaining Sound of Music Tour. We really enjoyed the tour and all the places we visited. It was good value for the money spent. Well done and thanks very much.
My wife and I agree that this was our favorite tour, while in Austria. NATASHA is a wonderful tour guide and our "new best friend". To have a private tour for two with all the film locations, breakfast and lunch is beyond description! WORTH THE MONEY! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! We would do it again!