- Day trip from San Antonio to Texas Hill Country’s wineries
- Have free time in Fredericksburg, a charming German town, to browse local shops
- Visit three wineries and enjoy several wine tastings (plus winery tours, depending on availability)
- Enjoy commentary on the area and wines from your knowledgeable guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned vehicle included
What You Can Expect
Stop in the charming German town of Fredericksburg and take a stroll down Main Street. Browse the local shops and antique stores and have lunch at a nearby café or restaurant (own expense).
You’ll then take a short drive to three different wineries, where you’ll sample several fine wines and learn about the wine-making process. Try Texas-style wines and a several grape varietals including sangiovese, viognier, tempranillo and syrah.
Depending on availability, you’ll also tour the wineries. After your tour, relax on the drive back to your San Antonio hotel.
The best! Tio Chuey was THE best guide. We r goin back n takn more friends with us. Take ur cheese n crackers!!
The wineries were very nice and the people were MORE than helpful and friendly. They also offered us more than the allotted amount of tastings plus let us "re-taste" when trying to decide which ones to purchase. One of them even gave us our glasses to keep! Our tour guide was informative but not "over-the-top"… The visit in Fredricksburg was nice but not long enough for me… That's not the tours fault though… Just gives us a reason to go back on our own some day!
Hotel pick up was convenient and on-time.
The drive fro San Antonio to Fredricksburg was just under 1 1/2 hours… so plan for that…
I would do this tour again.