- Day trip from San Antonio to Texas Hill Country’s wineries
- Have free time in Fredericksburg, a charming German town, to browse local shops
- Visit three wineries and enjoy several wine tastings (plus winery tours, depending on availability)
- Enjoy commentary on the area and wines from your knowledgeable guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned vehicle included
Stop in the charming German town of Fredericksburg and take a stroll down Main Street. Browse the local shops and antique stores and have lunch at a nearby café or restaurant (own expense).
You’ll then take a short drive to three different wineries, where you’ll sample several fine wines and learn about the wine-making process. Try Texas-style wines and a several grape varietals including sangiovese, viognier, tempranillo and syrah.
Depending on availability, you’ll also tour the wineries. After your tour, relax on the drive back to your San Antonio hotel.
Reviewed by ronald c, April 2013
the best thing about the tour was are tour guide his name was Bob. He made are day the best day of are nine day trip. He told us so much history of the area and was in no hurry to make us do anything we did not want to do. Please let him know how much we enjoyed the tour and how much we enjoyed him as our guide, we loved every minute of the tour. Thanks so much Pat and Ron Coughlin from Iowa.
Reviewed by Christine H, April 2013
We had a wonderful time and our tour guide was excellent. However, our group was combined with a group going to the LBJ Ranch. We didn't have near enough time in Fredericksburg and we had to wait an hour for the group to get back from the Ranch so we could go to the wineries. I think we would have had plenty of time to do everything we wanted to do if we wouldn't have been waiting for the other group.