- Day trip along the Baja California coast from San Diego
- Soak up picturesque views as you journey along the Pacific coast into Mexico
- Take a cultural sightseeing tour of bustling Tijuana with your informative guide
- Enjoy a lobster lunch with margaritas in Puerto Nuevo
- Stroll along the waterfront while being serenaded by mariachi music
- Explore the historic coastal resort city of Rosarito Beach at your own pace
What You Can Expect
- US and Canadian citizens: You must bring a passport for re-entry into the United States.
- Non-US citizens: You must bring your passport, and you may be required to show a I-94, Multiple Entry Visa or Resident Alien Card for re-entry to the United States. You must confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
The trip was fantastic, mostly because it was only three of us. I found out the night before the trip that there were not enough people registered to run it as a tour. I was told if we pay $200 more, that we could go as a private charter. We decided to do that since we had just arrived from Europe. The pick-up was smooth and we headed to Tijuana and did the tourist thing. I asked if we could visit a winery on our trip, and the guide took us to a wonderful wine cellar in Tijuana. For $10 per person we had four tastings each of the reserve wine (read four almost full glasses of wine!). Needless to say, this made our jetlag disappear and brightened the trip. From there we went to Puerto Nuevo (Lobster Village). The food and vista were great (including a Margarita). Then, we went to Rosarito Beach, where we had time for some horseback riding. Coming back across the border was very fast--we were dropped off at and walked through the border (only the driver can go through in the car).
The guide was super knowledgeable, friendly, open, and was willing to take us were we wanted to go. I suggest you do this as a small group and do some little planning on what else you want to do (such as visiting a wine cellar). The price is worth it, especially if you consider it in Euros. The entire trip cost about 140€ per person (including tip and wine, but excluding any other purchases).
Enjoyed this trip. Nice group of people.
Highlight was the Cultural Museum in Tijuana