- Guided bike tour of La Jolla Shores
- Ride from La Jolla down to Pacific Beach
- Enjoy panoramic views of the coastline
- See wild sea lions and seals
- Snacks and water included
What You Can Expect
At La Jolla Shores, you'll begin your bike tour, following a path overlooking the Pacific Ocean for fabulous views of San Diego's sandstone cliffs. This is a leisurely paced activity, so there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the panoramic coastal scenes. Bike through the back streets of La Jolla, Pacific Beach, Wind'n'Sea, and Bird Rock before returning to La Jolla Shores. Here, stop briefly at La Jolla Cove and Children's Pool. Once a swimming spot for kids, this area now home to wild sea lions and seals. It's a fun opportunity to see marine mammals in their native habitat!
Highlights on this 2-hour bike tour:
- The quaint and historic La Jolla Village neighborhood
- Views of San Diego's famous surfing breaks
- Views from 100-foot bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve
- La Jolla Tide Pools highlighting marine biological diversity
- Admission to the La Jolla Sea Caves and Cave Store
- Children's Pool and La Jolla Seal Beach
- La Jolla Sea Lion Rookery with close-up looks at these amazing animals
Tour was great! Description of an "easy" ride may be a tad incorrect. Several hills during the ride were challenging, but the trip and guide were awesome
We enjoyed this tour very much.
I hadn't ridden a bike for over 30 years, but was persuaded to try this tour.
Well they say you never forget and luckily I hadn't!
There were 4 in our group, which was a nice number.
Our guide took us around the coast of beautiful La Jolla. We stopped from time to time, so that he could tell us about the area and local plant and wildlife etc.
We finished by riding back through the town.
Finally he dropped us off at our hotel for $25, which we thought was quite reasonable.
We enjoyed this trip very much. The guide was knowledgable and a good guy. Also the people working at their store were very friendly too.
Would definitely recommend.
Gerald L Canada
I travel very frequently and use Viator frequently. This was my most disapointing tour ever. The tour provider had no clue why were there. After calling Viator about my problem, just spent $50 on a cab ride and left a trade show early, they weren't sympathetic and seemed to take the side of the operator for some strange reason. The only consolation the Viator rep gave me was that someone higher up would review my case.
Say what? Where is the case I show up for a 2:30 tour at 2 that is pre-paid and a review is needed?
To date I have not been contacted by anyone from Viator.